When is Gamestop dumping their Original Xbox ps2 games out

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!
When do you guys think gamestop will dump all their used original xbox games? and ps2?

Alot of the xbox games are like under 20 bucks now except for marvel vs capcom 2

Most of the BC Xbox titles still sell fairly well, however the GameBoy games were on shelves LONG after they stopped taking them in for trade.

I'd say before the Fall for Xbox, most stores need the room for the growing PS3/Wii/DS/360 sections that garner a larger profit margin.

I'm guessing Xbox games might get dumped in a year but not sure about GC/PS2 games (since GC games have actually spiked thanks to the Wii and PS2 systems/games continue to sell well).

But I don't think it would be worth it. I have 5 GCs nearby back home and 3 nearby in school but I rarely see anything worthwhile. And most of the time, the good stuff disappears quickly even without any sales or discount coupons.

Just before GameStop dumped the PS1/N64 games, I remember seeing tons of worthwhile games at one of my local stores (Ogre Battle, SotN, Klonoa, Persona 1 & 2, Suikoden, Tactics Ogre, tons of S-E RPGs) a few weeks before they dumped them. Of course, I missed out because I sorta zone out of CAG for a while and found out about the sale 4 months afterwards (but still managed to snag a few).

I managed to grab quite a few games from the PS1/etc/etc/etc clearance from Gamestop myself, though a vast majority of them were in generic cases or paper sleeves and scratched to shit.

This is when I learned a valuable, valuable lesson: DO NOT SELL YOUR PRIOR GEN GAMES TO FUND THE CURRENT GEN!!!!!!

Why? Because I had most of the games I rebought mangled and shit stained COMPLETE and MINTY at one point.

Mind you, I did pick up Alundra, Alundra 2, RPG Maker, Spot Goes To Hollywood and a number of other titles for UBER CHEAP, but again most were in horrid condition.

As for when they're going to dump the Xbox/GC/PS2 games no one really knows for certain, though I have been asking every time I go into a Gamestop store.

However, there's very few Xbox games I really want to rebuy, though I'd really like a complete Steel Battalion for $25(if they start @ 50% off), but the closest one to me is 80+ miles away and the stock locator isn't always 100% accurate.

With the Wii out and backwards compatible with GC games, I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon and with the PS2 now dropped to $99(according to Sony's own Playstation website) it's popularity and the popularity of it's games won't be waning anytime soon either.

I remember before babbages merged with EB they started to sell older stuff like NES, sega genesis, for a short time then they got rid of it all.

I'm willing to bet that gamecube and ps2 games will be around for a good while longer, but in the near future the titles that gamestop will accept as trade ins for those platforms will be reduced dramatically.

I can't see them taking in 10 year old sports titles that trade for 10 cents but people trade in anyway just to get rid of it for much longer. Those games take up floor space and never sell.

[quote name='davyd']I'm willing to bet that gamecube and ps2 games will be around for a good while longer, but in the near future the titles that gamestop will accept as trade ins for those platforms will be reduced dramatically.

I can't see them taking in 10 year old sports titles that trade for 10 cents but people trade in anyway just to get rid of it for much longer. Those games take up floor space and never sell.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you dont understand how GS works. They would be sending stuff that doesnt sell to their wherehouse or other stores that sell.

[quote name='62t']Looks like you dont understand how GS works. They would be sending stuff that doesnt sell to their wherehouse or other stores that sell.[/quote]

You're right, I wasn't aware games stopped taking up space when sent to a warehouse or a different store. Thank you.

[quote name='davyd']You're right, I wasn't aware games stopped taking up space when sent to a warehouse or a different store. Thank you.[/quote]

Still don't understand?

Games that don't sell in one store are transferred to a warehouse and that warehouse then transfer the games to a story that games DO sell. Just because a sports game is old doesn't mean it won't sell. Gamestop's strategy (or any retailer's strategy looking to get rid of lower-priced items) with those older games is send them to gamestop stores near low-income neighborhoods.

i believe they have already started. i think the new stores gets some of the old stock of other stores since they no longer accept Xbox trades. as far as actually putting them on clearance im not so sure. they still sell because after the B2G1 promotion my local GS's have been kinda empty. that or they probably sent them to other stores already.

I was at a mall store the other day and they don't carry Xbox or Gamecube games in that store at all anymore. He almost turned me down trading in Gamecube games, but then told me he just transfers them to another store right away.

The Gamestop I go to no longer carries XBox 1 games as they were sent to another store. They still sell enough Cube games (BC with Wii) to warrant carrying them still.

They won't rid of the PS2 games for awhile as at my local store, the 2 $10 and less PS2 bins get as much traffic as the Wii/DS/360 sections. PS3/newer PS2/Cube are next with PSP in the rear.

These games don't get many sales over here, although the PS2 games sell very well. Most people who come into Gamestop here want the latest thing, they are not going for stuff out of the bargain bin. I could see them dropping GC/Xbox1 real soon and shipping the majority of games to other stores that get more sales for these games.

More than a month ago I hit an area I usually don't hit and could not find the Gamecube games, and since the Gamestop is a little smaller than a closet I knew I could not have missed them. The woman said they don't carry Gamecube anymore but all the other stores in the area do. Her comment of "all" was strange, there's one GS about five minutes away, one ten and the next two are around half an hour.

Two GSs I went to this week did not have any XBOX games. The one that got rid of their's has one GS five minutes one way and another five minutes the other, yet neither of those two are getting rid of their's anytime soon and neither know about getting any more in. The manager at one said they would be clearancing GBA before XBOX. I figure he was just guessing about that.

Alot of gamestops in this area are getting proactive about selling off their Cube/Xbox stuff. The nearest mall-based GS still has cube games, but whenever I head out to the malls about 30-40 minutes away none of those stores carry them anymore. I dunno if it's still taking place but alot of the B&M locations seem to constantly hold B2G1s on Xbox games.

bread's done
Back