When will you buy an XBOX 360?

Personally, I'm going to avoid the early temptation and at least wait until the PS3 launch....that way I can see what system has more appealing games....and as a bonus the XBOX 360 should also be cheaper according to rumors. Plus, PS3 looks like it has killer exclusives (new GTA, MGS 4) and it warrants a look.

[quote name='souljah420']xbox 360 2?
did i miss something[/QUOTE]

Well, whatever it ends up being named... It'll be up against PS4, so Xbox 420? Who knows? Maybe they'll just cut to the chase and name it Xbox Infinity. That actually doesn't sound half bad...

I already got one. My uncle knows Bill Gates.

Just kidding, don't you hate people who say stupid shit like that.

I think I'm going to wait until the PS3 comes out before I make my choice.

I just put $100 down on the Xbox 360 for the second shipment, so I'm getting it a few days after the launch.

I learned my lesson with the first Xbox, when it dropped from $299.99 to $199.99 in about six months. I'll be holding off until at least the first price drop this time around.

I'm first planning on waiting and getting more info on it (i.e. games, waiting till the PS3 comes out to judge what types of games each will have, etc.) and then for at least one to two price drops. I still have a backlog of games from this gen and feel that it's still too early for a new system.

[quote name='magikman']I was looking for that poll response option too![/QUOTE]

Well I figured if you were interested in buying the system you would obviously visit the XBOX 360 board. I didn't figure trolls would visit a poll like this.

Why is there no "Never" option??

And Halo 3 would make me want it even less then me not wanting it. That is the most over-rated game ever.

I've got it reserved but I'm thinking of waiting....I was really hyped, now the logic is kicking in.

[quote name='Rihan']Why is there no "Never" option??

And Halo 3 would make me want it even less then me not wanting it. That is the most over-rated game ever.[/QUOTE]

because it's the damn 360 board....why would someone not interested in the system come here? and complete with the Halo bash too...you've made a perfect stereotype of yourself, congrats.

I'll wait till at least post-first shipment, possibly 6 months or more. I've learned the hard way about the problems of first wave consoles (both from PS2 and Xbox).

I had originally decided to get it on launch, but the lack of info on it's BC has been questionable, so untill the 360 is absolutely BC with all my xbox games, I will not budge.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']You should've had the option "When Halo 3 Comes out"[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is you do have this option: "When PS3 comes out" because remember our go ole friend Mr. Gates has stated several times that Halo 3 is suppose to come out the same day as the launch of PS3.

[quote name='harunim']At launch ONLY if it is Backward Compartible!

Is it backward-compartible? or.. not yet known?[/QUOTE]

Harunim it would Backwards Compatible

I got to many games to finish before even considering any new next gen system. Heck I'm still enjoying playing my vectrex system:)

I'll get it when I can get it new for $40 like I did with the current Xbox. ;)

In all seriousness, I'll definitely wait a while to get it. My current generation order was PS2, GC, and then Xbox and I'll likely follow that same pattern. All were bought after price drops and I'll follow that pattern as well. WIth my backlog of games, there is no way I am buying a next gen system for at least a year after launch. The only thing that might make me deviate is the Revelution. I wasn't too pleased with the information from the rumored patent leak (if all of that is even true). If the Revolution makes things too complicated I may skip it alltogether. I hope that doesn't happen because I have always been a fan of Nintendo consoles and games.

I'll get it on launch, but I am on the second shipment. I already have $180 down, and I just need to sell some more DVDs and games to get it at least the expected base price. I still have like ...... 5 month to save up. I am getting it on launch because I can and so that it gives me a reason to organize my room so that the xbox 360, then ps3, then The Revolution looks good in it.

[quote name='ryanbph']at launch, a gift from my women[/QUOTE]
- ryanbph is a pimp -
same here - gift from the woman.

Harunim it would Backwards Compatible

It is not 100% backwards compatible as of yet. The new royalty agreement with nvidia brings us one step closer, but its not there yet.

I'll be there on launch day for all 3 systems.

[quote name='DT778']It's too early to tell. I dont even know if I want to get the ps3 or the 360.[/QUOTE]

I don't need more information about system power, exclusives, etc. to know I will eventually want all the new systems. It's just a question of when the asking price will become reasonable (to me that's $200 or less).

Until that happens, I'm perfectly willing to continue using the current generation systems and games. I've got plenty of unplayed games sitting around to keep me busy until next generation's games fall to reasonable prices as well.

360- after the ps3 comes out ... why? I can't afford to buy 2 launch consoles and want to buy the best one first.

bread's done
Back