msg me... I have a shop in az and currently have
sinistron
psychosis
keith courage (of course)
legendary axe 1 and 2
bonks revenge
alien crush
neutopia

I'm sure we can come to an agreeable price.
dave

[quote name='Purkeynator']TurboGrafx 16 is one of the few consoles I never did pick up. That being said I am pretty satisfied with the amount of TurboGrafx games on the Virtual console to make up for that. Here is a quick list of what is available as of now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...(North_America)#TurboGrafx-16.2FTurboGrafx-CD
There are almost 60 games now with various imports that never reached the U.S.

I also thought this article was interesting:
http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/416
Last year someone did a study of virtual console game prices vs their actual cartridge prices averaged on ebay. The result for TurboGrafx was a library of all the virtual console games out at that time would cost about $300 and the cost of the actual carts was around $1200!

Anybody know where I might find an article describing which games are the best games to buy for TurboGrafx on virtual console? I already have all 3 Bonk games and Alien Crush and Devil's Crush. I am wondering what to get next. I like almost all genres and I do like shooters but there are so many TG16 virtual console shooters, I am not sure which ones are the best.[/QUOTE]

From that wikipedia list, I'd say Lords of Thunder, Blazing Lazers, and Ys 1&2 are sure bets. All great games with very cool soundtracks. Air Zonk is also pretty good, though very easy. I heard Super Air Zonk was a stinker, so I've always passed on it.

MjC

[quote name='thrifty']
legendary axe 2
bonks revenge
alien crush
neutopia

I'm sure we can come to an agreeable price.
dave[/quote]

Definitely will ask soon when I get some more funds. Just bought LA 1 complete with box and Fantasy Zone complete w/o box for $25 on Ebay. Good price?

try this dealer on ebay:
asemasterautotechnician

have done business with him for years...responsible, reliable, quality....the best. (tell him -xero- sent ya')

How has your luck been browsing your local area craigslist? I often see TG 16 systems up for sale or posted during garage sell postings. I've ran into a few TG 16 games when I go to yard sells but I was never interested in that game system so I just passed them by. Anyway, that might be an avenue for you to browse on a daily basis.

I can tell you a few years ago I found a MINT never opened NES full game system for $5.00 on craigslist. It is by far the best video game deal I have ever found. The box looked like it was in a museum.

[quote name='CODEWERKX']try this dealer on ebay:
asemasterautotechnician

have done business with him for years...responsible, reliable, quality....the best. (tell him -xero- sent ya')[/quote]

I'll check it out.

[quote name='s0undwav3']How has your luck been browsing your local area craigslist? I often see TG 16 systems up for sale or posted during garage sell postings. I've ran into a few TG 16 games when I go to yard sells but I was never interested in that game system so I just passed them by. Anyway, that might be an avenue for you to browse on a daily basis.

I can tell you a few years ago I found a MINT never opened NES full game system for $5.00 on craigslist. It is by far the best video game deal I have ever found. The box looked like it was in a museum.[/quote]

It's been crappy. The only ads for TurboGrafx are for putting it on your modded Xbox. :roll:

Garage sales in my side of town are sparse, so I never go, but I probably should.

btw...i own just about every game system...and after all these years the TG-16/PC engine.Turbo/PCduo is still my favorite.

Looking at some of the games on these recommended sites brings back memories. Maybe I should dig out my system and play some Fighting Street. Game sucks but it sure does take me back.

This poast makes me think back to my old system... I had the TG-16 system, the Cd-rom, and the card that allowed me to play turbo-duo games. Everything worked like a charm.

I even had the turbo-express.... I remember how hot the batteries would get after it was on for about an hour.... just before the batteries would die. How unreadable any text was on it, especially with dungeon explorer.

the games i do recommend (and can remember that I liked)

any of the bonks adventure games
splatterhouse
r-type

I wanna say... iron wolf? bloody wolf... something like that....

Jon

[quote name='sunbound']This poast makes me think back to my old system... I had the TG-16 system, the Cd-rom, and the card that allowed me to play turbo-duo games. Everything worked like a charm.

I even had the turbo-express.... I remember how hot the batteries would get after it was on for about an hour.... just before the batteries would die. How unreadable any text was on it, especially with dungeon explorer.

the games i do recommend (and can remember that I liked)

any of the bonks adventure games
splatterhouse
r-type

I wanna say... iron wolf? bloody wolf... something like that....

Jon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Bloody Wolf is another good one. Never owned it because I was able to beat it in one day on a rental.

MjC

bread's done
Back