Where did you buy your 360 and why?

I bought mine at a circuit city because I got a really good deal for it. In JAN 07 I got two extra controllers, gears of War, Rainbow 6, a play and charge kit, and an Xbox 360 Premium for $400. I also had a gift certificate for 50 which lowered the price down to 350.

It has so far been the best purchase I ever made.

I got mine from Futureshop on boxing day because it was one sale for $100 off for the awesome price of $399.99

I bought my 360 at Best Buy. It was two days after Chirstmas; I had a giftcard and Best Buy was giving away a copy of COD2 with every 360 purchase.

[quote name='F8X']I bought mine at a circuit city because I got a really good deal for it. In JAN 07 I got two extra controllers, gears of War, Rainbow 6, a play and charge kit, and an Xbox 360 Premium for $400. I also had a gift certificate for 50 which lowered the price down to 350.

It has so far been the best purchase I ever made.[/quote]

how in the world did you manage that awesome deal? =D

Bought mine at micro center. Signed up for a credit card and sent in a rebate and got it for $200 + tax (premium of course).

Overstock last November. 13% off sale(had to add a giraffe bike water bottle to get the discount), then another 6% cash back(fatwallet) so I pretty much paid 320 for a premium. Oh and free shipping. The only downside was my first one started freezing on day one so I had to RMA it. Took about 3 weeks, but I had it late December.

I suppose it's even cheaper if you consider I got a few points on my rewards card for it, but those are barely anything.

[quote name='poolshark181']how in the world did you manage that awesome deal? =D[/quote]
Shopping on the right day and comboing coupons. Also after Christmas they needed to clear stock so I give them a helping hand ;).

Overstock.com 2 weeks before Christmas 06. A 20% off coupon from Slick Deals(I think) was floating around. Plus, no tax, $2 for shipping. $100 cheaper than my local Wal-Mart with tax @ $325.

GameCrazy. (Suprised?)

12 free rentals. Better warranty. Had store credit. B2G1F used games when you buy a system.

I bought mine at Circuit City, it came with a free NFL faceplate that week, and of course it was the day Madden 07 came out, and with Madden being $12 off there, it was best to buy it at CC.

[quote name='Graystone']walmart cause I thought if it messed up I could get a no questions asked exchange...

I was wrong.[/quote]

interesting, care to elaborate? i was thinking about getting it from walmart.

Overstock deal of Winter '06 where you had to add an item for the discount. We just added the warranty rather than another item.

A Walmart about 30 minutes away from my house at launch because they were selling them at 12:01 AM. Unfortunately, they didn't tell us till about 10 minutes prior to midnight that they only got 1 Premium. I ended up getting a Core (me and my friend were 2nd and 3rd in line) but I picked up a hard drive so I just missed out on the wireless controller.

KMart, Because of their extended warranties.

It was bought on 8/13/06 and I didn't have to send it in for repairs. I guess I have a good unit.

Your poll is missing an "Other" option, I can't answer it. I got mine frm eStarland because I built a lot of credit flipping clearance games.

Best Buy and Impulse got the best of me.

Right when they started to come back in stock after the intitial launch phase the best buy i was at ha da stack on teh floor. and after sweet talking the woman i was on my way to the register with Oblivion CE.

And over a year later im still on my first Unit. but i bought the BB replacement plan anyways since i bought it when it was still only the 90 day warranty

[quote name='DrFoo']Bought mine at micro center. Signed up for a credit card and sent in a rebate and got it for $200 + tax (premium of course).[/quote]

I also bought mine at Micro Center got a premium for $300 + tax (I don't do credit card deals). It was the best deal of the season and yet it isn't listed in the poll! A true CAG wouldn't have bought a X360 anywhere else last Christmas if they lived within driving distance of a Micro Center.

I didn't buy one.

my neighbor (who's LOADED) had one that got the red ring of death. he got mad and kicked it. went out bought an elite, and offered to give me the broken one. i accepted, and 4 days later, microsoft extended the warranty. It's coming back via UPS today. :)

[quote name='DrFoo']Bought mine at micro center. Signed up for a credit card and sent in a rebate and got it for $200 + tax (premium of course).[/quote] I did this as well, only I bought the core from Amazon for $100 first, sold it on eBay for $365 (including shipping), and subsequently bought my premium for $0.

Well, I did have to pay $15 in ebay fees, $11 in Paypal fees, $16 for shipping, and $27 in tax, so technically I guess it cost me $4

Pretty sure nobody has or ever will beat this deal. I win the CAG award. :)

Costco, i bought it there for the return policy. Im glad I did, got the red rings about a month ago, took back my 17 month old system, got a new one(kept same hard drive) and they gave me money back because the bundle is cheaper now.

I will never by from anywhere else when it comes to systems.

I bought a friends premium for $250 when they upgraded to an Elite. This was when the Elites first came out.

The OP needs a choice in his poll for 'Other'.

Got mine at Wally. Mainly because their weren't any deals running anywhere else and I didn't want to get hassled about a replacement plan or extra stuff.

Took advantage of BB's Price match around christmas and used TRU AD "buy 360 gift $100 gift card", plus had $50 gift card of my own and got extended warranty for 2 yr.

bread's done
Back