Where have all the 360s gone?

bmsdaddy

CAGiversary!
So my 360 Elite died today and I went to replace it under my BB replacement plan. They didn't have any Elites in stock and the other metro (Mpls/St Paul area) locations also show zero on hand. The store gave me a gift card for what I paid and I was off on my search. Went to Target, Gamestop, and Walmart with the same result. Everybody has Arcade units but no Pros or Elites. What gives? Anybody know?
This is my third one to die on me.

Leftover stocking issues from the Xmas holiday. I'm sure stores will take a couple more weeks to return to "normal" stocking.

Also, I think that MS is transitioning to the systems w/o the bundled copies of Forza & M: UA, so I think that might be the issue.

They're breaking fast than they're making them. I'm on my third. :roll:

Have you looked online? You can get them delivered to a store near you and pay no shipping. CC just emailed me and said they have some instock in Bloomington/Edina. I bought mine off CC.com and it was shipped to my work free.

From what I've gathered, Microsoft only has Arcades in stock, and had it at an even balanace of all 4 SKU's (big mistake). Since Pros and Elites went, the Halo units seem to have finally gone out of stock, you only see Arcades. You might see Pros and Elites later this month.

BTW, check to make sure they have HDMI ports. Reports are coming in of non-Elite 360's not having HDMI ports, although they're advertised.

Into Hershey's 360s and Cream! A mouth full of 360s in every bite!

...Sorry, I couldn't resist.

But to be serious, I assume you've been asking employees if they have the Pro or Elite console in stock?

When I went to Target shortly after Christmas to buy a 360, they only had Arcade consoles in the display case. But when I asked an employee if they had any Pro consoles in stock, he went into the back and got one for me.

Yeah, I have asked employees if they have them in stock. They don't. I ordered one from BB online so I could use the gift card I received for my bad one.

if he bought it before the price drop, then yes the gift card should have been for the pre price drop price....My pro model died right before the price drop...I wanted the elite, and my local best buy wouldn't let me pay the difference. So I shipped it to there return center, 2 weeks later I got a gift card and in that time period the price drop went into affect.

The gift card was for what I paid, the pre-price drop cost plus tax. Didn't have to send it in either, took care of it at the customer service desk with no problem at all.

I've been calling Best Buy every night for the past couple weeks and they never have any in stock. I wonder if they realize I call every night at the same time? I need an elite!

Yea, I have not found any Pros or Elites either in any stores. Especially not BB. I wanted to get a Falcon Elite or Pro since I have some BB GCs and RZ certs but no luck for me. Guess I'll have to wait for them to restock later this month.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']The gift card was for what I paid, the pre-price drop cost plus tax. Didn't have to send it in either, took care of it at the customer service desk with no problem at all.[/quote]

well hey that just covered the cost of your service plan. sorry about your luck though, I went shopping lots of places in my area yesterday and they all had 360's in stock. One had pro's with and without the bonus games.

The new 360 Elite showed up today. November 4th build date and the holiday bundle included! Hope this one lasts longer then the other three.

bread's done
Back