where the shit are the DS lites?

A

Apossum

Seriously. I've been waiting for them to come in to EB/GS or Gamecrazy for weeks.
I'm sick of my scratched-to-shit fat DS.

they just sell out fast, you should try to get one from here.. i got a great deal on an oynx ds and two games here, basically brand new

thanks for the heads up. I'll check out some more obscure locations.

I recommend Best Buy or any store that doesn't just stock new hardware as an inconvenience to justify their existence as a used game store.

Not that I've seen a preponderence of DS Lites at BB...

I am waiting however long it takes for CC to get them back in stock, and then if they have either guitar hero bundle I would get that too and use the $40 off coupon.

I've seen plenty around....I saw like 4 Onyx at a Target, 2 Pinks at a Wal-Mart and some white ones at other stores. This was in Portland.

There is a shortage as well. Every B& M store I have been to have been sold out. They sold out right after xmas and they are hard to come by till the next shipments in March according to some employees at Game Crazy, EB, Target and CC. I guess with the Wii Shortage, Nintendo has other shortages as well. Also, I heard that Japan shuts down production in certain industries because they do not celebrate xmas and just give employees a break.

my TRU only had 1-2 shipments of them with only 1 box each. that means we have had between 6-12 since they come in boxes of 6, good luck finding yourself one though, they are just hard to come by right now.

You should do Newegg's auto-notify deal...
they alerted me instantly of one that was in stock (black) but I already grabbed one. It's sold out now though.

Combination of the Wii, and Christmas depleted stock. Nintendo has upped production of them. So wait a few weeks they should be coming back into stock.

Thanks again guys.

I have seen them at places like Target, BB, etc. but I want to trade in my old DS towards it.

Yep. My TRU has been out of stock since a few weeks before christmas. But we have had 13 60GB PS3's collecting dust for several weeks.

I work at an EB and I guess we got an e-mail right after x-mas that said we wouldn't get any until the end of January. I have no idea why...

[quote name='secretvampire']It's times like this I like to think back to the weeks just prior to the DS launch with people screaming "Gimmick!" and "Virtual Boy part 2!" Oops.[/QUOTE]

those screams were pretty much correct in the first year of the DS' life ;)

the DS is a pretty amazing success story. Didn't expect it to get this big.

[quote name='Apossum']I have seen them at places like Target, BB, etc. but I want to trade in my old DS towards it.[/quote]I don't know if there's a bonus trade-in deal with trading DS to DS Lite, but if you're dying for a DS lite, how about buying one new where ever you see one... and then using your old DS trade-in credit towards something else on your list?

Sell your DS on eBay FTW. You'll be able to get a DS Lite with that money plus $20 max. I was able to sell mine for $118, complete and with no games. iTrackr is a great way to find a Lite, it's how I got mine.

[quote name='Supreme']Sell your DS on eBay FTW. You'll be able to get a DS Lite with that money plus $20 max. I was able to sell mine for $118, complete and with no games. iTrackr is a great way to find a Lite, it's how I got mine.[/QUOTE]
Sounds about right.

I sold my fatty DS + 2 games (Mr. Driller, Super Mario DS) for $130 + $10 s/h about 2 weeks before xmas.

Japan DOES celebrate christmas just like the rest of us, and yes they shop just like the rest of us, about the employees taking a break there i do not know if that is the reason for the shortage but i certaintly hope it doesnt last until march.

I bought one in october for 130$ when there were plenty in stock...

i was about to make a topic regarding the shortage of DS lite's and saw this...i can't find anything out where i am. If anyone is familiar with massachusetts, i'm stationed out here on Cape Cod, great location, no doubt, especially in the summer. You can't walk 20 feet without seeing the next bikini, but there are not enough game deals out here like good ol' NYC. I want a DS Lite and i want it now! : (

well if people are willing to pay DS Lite price +shipping to their locale +5 (I ask five dollars to cover the time it takes me to walk myself to and from walmart :p) I'll grab as many as walmart lets me buy

[quote name='SaraAB']Japan DOES celebrate christmas just like the rest of us, and yes they shop just like the rest of us, about the employees taking a break there i do not know if that is the reason for the shortage but i certaintly hope it doesnt last until march.

I bought one in october for 130$ when there were plenty in stock...[/QUOTE]

from what I understand, they do Christmas very differently over there. iirc, married couples rent out hotels for the night and do the nasty. Also, the wife is expected to give presents to the husband (while the husband gives gifts on Valentine's Day.) Finally, Japanese workers don't take breaks or vacations! When other workers take up their slack, they risk losing their spot in line for a promotion.

I could have this all mixed up though. and I'm not sure why I'm even telling you all this :lol:

anyway, I would Ebay the system but it's in horrible shape.

[quote name='Apossum']anyway, I would Ebay the system but it's in horrible shape.[/quote]
eBay it anyway. Even "broken DS for parts or repair" get around $35 to $50.

The fact that yours still works will net more. Just be sure to be honest about the damage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-Broken-for-parts-or-repair_W0QQitemZ140072307702QQihZ004QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-as-is-broken-for-parts-or-repair_W0QQitemZ180073183486QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-Bro...3QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[quote name='Kendro']eBay it anyway. Even "broken DS for parts or repair" get around $35 to $50.

The fact that yours still works will net more. Just be sure to be honest about the damage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-Broken-for-parts-or-repair_W0QQitemZ140072307702QQihZ004QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-as-is-broken-for-parts-or-repair_W0QQitemZ180073183486QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-Bro...3QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

oh nice. Looks like it's going up soon :)

[quote name='RollingSkull']I recommend Best Buy or any store that doesn't just stock new hardware as an inconvenience to justify their existence as a used game store.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. My girlfriend wanted a DS Lite a few weeks back since I got her hooked on Elite Beat Agents and Animal Crossing. Ideally she wanted a pink one but due to the rarity of finding them (and only finding ONE white one at a Best Buy after going to about 6 different places), we returned to the Best Buy about an hour later...lo and behold, they had put out 1 pink one and three black ones, along with a fresh stock of whites. She grabbed the pink one as two other people grabbed black. They were probably all gone by the end of the day.

Just a matter of luck at this point, as they didn't go up as available on the Best Buy site for that store. It shouldn't be too much longer though before you can just get one normally.

when i bought mine, like a month a go from costco, they had over 60 units in stock, with all colors

I have been looking for a DS lite pink for awhile now but have had no luck at all. It was supposed to be my christmas present but no one can find one. Sucks. Online hasnt helped either and Im too sick to get out and look for one.
It double sucks because I got FFIII for Xmas and Elite Beat Agents and cant play them. :(

According to Nowinstock.net, NewEgg had Black DS Lite's online for roughly ~10 minutes last night before they sold out.

Gamestop/EB Games in Greensboro, NC recieved a small shipment of DS Lites today, all 3 colors. I got the last non-pink one. Check with your local EB, I hear this is all across the states.

bread's done
Back