where to get rid of old monitors?

imascrub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hmm I have a couple old CRT monitors that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Thing is these are old like 15" and 19" monitors, still in very good condition, but nobody on ebay or craigslist is biting on any of the searches I've done for the monitors what with everybody gettin lcd monitors these days.

Does anybody know of a place where I could unload my monitors? Preferably for a little bit of cash? lol

If you have a place like Computer Rennaiscance around they'll usually take monitors for very little cash, a pawn shop might work as well. I always end up throwing mine away.

Seems like someone on Craigslist will bite. I've found if no one bites the first time, post again a week later.

[quote name='imascrub']Hmm I have a couple old CRT monitors that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Thing is these are old like 15" and 19" monitors, still in very good condition, but nobody on ebay or craigslist is biting on any of the searches I've done for the monitors what with everybody gettin lcd monitors these days.

Does anybody know of a place where I could unload my monitors? Preferably for a little bit of cash? lol[/quote]

Pawn shops would be the easiest.

The County where I live takes them once a month.
No cash tho, but it is a clean disposal.

I can also set one on the curb and it is usually gone within the hour :)

When my brother comes over we always swing them around and see who can throw them the furthest
Pretty fun.

You can take them to a mission mart(one of those places where everything that is sold is donated) as well if one of those is around you.

If you're just trying to get rid of it, put it for like $5-10 on CL or free if you don't want it. Since it's going to cost you money to dispose of it, and there are a lot of people who will take anything for free or cheap.

[quote name='imascrub']Hmm I have a couple old CRT monitors that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Thing is these are old like 15" and 19" monitors, still in very good condition, but nobody on ebay or craigslist is biting on any of the searches I've done for the monitors what with everybody gettin lcd monitors these days.

Does anybody know of a place where I could unload my monitors? Preferably for a little bit of cash? lol[/QUOTE]

If no one was biting that means you were asking to much for them. In reality a 15'' monitor is trash and a 19'' used monitor is worth about $25 if its relatively new.

No, but there is a lot of fun to still be had with them. My brother takes all his old computer stuff and uses them for target pratice.

Call up any local charities, senior centers, churches, soup kitchens, et cetera and ask if they could use a free monitor. Chances are, they can or know of someone who could use one.

Or just drop off at a Good Will or other charity drop off center.

Don't know where you are at, but the prison that my dad works at here in town takes old computers and monitors and the inmates salvage what they can and put together computer systems for various charities....you don't get any cash out of it but its a free way to get rid of equipment and something good comes out of it.

bread's done
Back