Wherehouse used game deals.Get them before there gone.Update 4/16 add 3 games

fatbeer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I know the stock is limited,but since no one posted it.I hope someone can take advantage on some of these great deals.So far the Warehouse updates are far better than the EB mourning updates.I might update every day if this trend continues.The great part aboout Warehouse is that they have high standard of taking in tradin,you prolly get complete game in excellent condition compared to EB or Gamestop fuck condition

I hope someone can help me find some coupons for wherehouse,so some cheapassgamer can save some money.Ok,now I realize that Warehouse update their inventory random in any time period,so this make it very difficult to track the newly added games. Click on link even if it say out of stock.The game could possibile to come back in stock or you can save your time and I will update with a proper title so you know a new game is added

update history
3/23 afternoon-add paper mario ttyd,hack outbreak and fire emble por
nighttime-add mario ds and smash brothers melee
3/24 afternoon-add king of fighter 02/03,5:00pm culcept back
3/25 mourning-add hack mutation,Ephemeral Fantasia,grandia 2
afternoon-1pm Ephmeral Fantasia,culdcept back in stock,2:17 jedi acadamy
3/28 nighttime-outrageous trade in credit for dinotopia,time splitters-18.40
afternoon-shadow hearts convenant back**dang it gone when i was listing it.Next time i just put it in the cart.:bomb:
3 pm-add advance wars gba.(haha add to cart this time,live and learn your past mistakes)
3/30-golden sun,wario land 4,alpha 3,
4/16-Added samurai legend,tsungai,mario kart super

:ps2:ps2
[OOS] zone of ender 2 $9.99
[OOS]metal slug 4/5 $19.99
[OOS] culdcept $14.99
[oss] shadow heart covenant $14.99
[OOS] hack outbreak $14.99 (last one)
[OOS] King of Fighter 2002 & 2003$29.99 (last one) Not a great price,but the game pretty hard to find
[OOS] hack mutation $14.99
[OOS]Ephemeral Fantasia $9.99
[OOS] grandia 2 $9.99
[OOS]Tsugunai: Atonement $9.99
new samurai warrior xtreme legends $9.99

:gc:Gamecube

[OOS] burnout 2$14.99
[OOS]eternal darkness $9.99
[OOS] Paper Mario ThoThousand Year Door $19.99
[OOS] Fire Emblem Path of Radiance $29.99 **thx to Monkeypox**
[OOS]Super Smash Brothers Melee $14.99(last one)

:ds: DS
[OOS] Super Mario Ds $14.99
[OOS] new phoenix wright $29.99

:xbox:xbox
[OOS] jedi academy $14.99

:gba: gameboy advance Im pretty sure they will give you a complete copy since wherehouse have high standard of tradins
[OOS] advance wars $14.99
[OOS]]golden sun $14.99
[OOS] wario 4 $9.99
[OOS]alpha 3 $14.99
[OOS]mario kart super circuit $14.99

Trade in Credit
I don't understand why they give you so much credit for dinotopia and timesplitters? Espically you can get it 8.99 and $4.99at gamestop.It great if you can get that much trade credit at fye and preorder game like Kingdom Hearts.

dinotopia $18.40 trade in credit-price mistake?
dinotopia cost at gamestop $8.99

:ps2:
time splitter one $18.40 **thx to Strider Turbulence**
time spliitters cost at gamestop $4.99

dragonball z $13.80,great tradin credit if you got it in bestbuy clearance

[quote name='pimp tyranny']
http://www.wherehouse.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2048541

please tell me EVERYONE who owns a PS2 has played Twisted Metal: Black, $9.99

http://www.wherehouse.com/games/product-detail.jsp?id=2496666

is it just me, or is this a nice deal on Tekken 5? i'd buy it if i was a bigger fighter fan.[/QUOTE]

Tekken 5 is $19.99 new at circuit city (and many other places) so $14.99 used is OK.

I have Twisted Metal Black, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it. I'm about 100 games behind. Is it that great of a game?

[quote name='wbc1228']Tekken 5 is $19.99 new at circuit city (and many other places) so $14.99 used is OK.

I have Twisted Metal Black, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it. I'm about 100 games behind. Is it that great of a game?[/QUOTE]

so tekken's hit GH i take it?

and yes, idk if it's because it was one of the very best early PS2 games or what, but the combat was awesome, the story lines were dark, interesting, and sometimes comedic, like sweet tooth's, and the different vehicles were great. i'm sure i'd have a blast with it if i got it out today, but like you i've got an enormous backlog. i would definitely recommend at least playing through one character's story, on easy at that, because normal is unrelenting. i can't imagine playing hard. go with the motorcycle dude or the cop for some cool stories, they jump to mind. the former is an insane cannibal from vietname, the latter a good cop who fucked up in action.

it just seems random but I've seen some of this stuff "pop in" randomly. Unfortunately it's usually just one or two... and they go fast. You just have to keep checking back, updates are done at multiple times throughout the day.

Most of the time I really love Wherehouse.com, but today really put future orders in doubt.

I received the package for an order I made about 2 weeks ago. I immediately knew there was a problem when it was one of those vacuum-sealed bubble mailers and it was about 3" thick.

Problem #1: Part of my order was Donkey Konga with Bongos (which the item description clearly stated as does my invoice). Lo and behold, I only got the Donkey Konga game. Yippee!

Problem #2: The fact that they used the vacuum-sealed mailer and I had ordered a Gameboy Color game meant it was gonna be completely crushed. They put the box on the top of the stack so it got extra abused. I opened the package to find a pancake. Hooray.

I figured the Gameboy game would be fine since they would have to use a box to send the bongos, right? Well, not if they forget the bongos.

Like I stated, normally I love Wherehouse. But crap like this makes me not want to order anymore. I'll wait and see what their customer service has to say, but it will most likely be something like "we don't have any Donkey Konga w/ Bongos in stock and will refund your money if you send it back".

/rant

[quote name='jbroush99']I'll wait and see what their customer service has to say, but it will most likely be something like "we don't have any Donkey Konga w/ Bongos in stock and will refund your money if you send it back".
[/QUOTE]

Actually, in my experience they don't ask for the game back if they send you the wrong item or a defective item. So you may get a free Donkey Konga because it didn't have the Bongos it was supposed to.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Actually, in my experience they don't ask for the game back if they send you the wrong item or a defective item. So you may get a free Donkey Konga because it didn't have the Bongos it was supposed to.[/quote]

That would be nice, but all of their items with the bongos (DK w/ bongos, CK2 w/ bongos, and bongos w/o game) all are out of stock. They're pretty good about responding so I'll probably hear back sometime tomorrow.

They might ask to send it back rather than just letting you keep it. They sent me the completely wrong game and they gave me a link to print out a pre-printed mailing label to send the game back to them.

I've ordered two GBA games in the past 2 or 3 weeks, assuming, from past experience and wherehouse.com policy, that they would be complete and in great condition. However, this was not the case with either order. The first order, # 2455635, was sent in this shrinkwrapped bubble mailer you have started to ship with, and as a result, the GBA game Advance Wars was flattened. The Gamecube game was fine, but it's made of plastic, not cardboard. In a subsequent order, # 2472558, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town came in the exact same packaging in the exact same shape: flattened. I figured if I ordered more items, in this case 4, it might entice whoever packages these orders to use a box. That was not the case, and of further annoyance was the fact that one of the games was cancelled. So, now I have two flattened GBA games and am quickly losing confidence in an online site I used to hold in high esteem. Please tell me what I can do about this situation.

sent this to them in the hopes that they'd refund me and let me keep the games, but i'll be happy just to send them back as well, as long as i don't have to pay for shipping. i won't be ordering anymore GBA games from them if they don't reform their shit packaging policy.

Well, I just got a response from Wherehouse about the crushed box and missing bongos. They didn't have any to replace them (surprise) so they decided to give me a refund for the items and let me keep them (bigger surprise). I guess they are a pretty good company after all.

On a side note, the GB Color game that was crushed does not work either, so I guess a refund was in order for that one.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']I've ordered two GBA games in the past 2 or 3 weeks, assuming, from past experience and wherehouse.com policy, that they would be complete and in great condition. However, this was not the case with either order. The first order, # 2455635, was sent in this shrinkwrapped bubble mailer you have started to ship with, and as a result, the GBA game Advance Wars was flattened. The Gamecube game was fine, but it's made of plastic, not cardboard. In a subsequent order, # 2472558, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town came in the exact same packaging in the exact same shape: flattened. I figured if I ordered more items, in this case 4, it might entice whoever packages these orders to use a box. That was not the case, and of further annoyance was the fact that one of the games was cancelled. So, now I have two flattened GBA games and am quickly losing confidence in an online site I used to hold in high esteem. Please tell me what I can do about this situation.

sent this to them in the hopes that they'd refund me and let me keep the games, but i'll be happy just to send them back as well, as long as i don't have to pay for shipping. i won't be ordering anymore GBA games from them if they don't reform their shit packaging policy.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way you can post a pic of the GBA games? I ordered Mario Kart and I just want to know what to expect...

[quote name='nnthomas']Is there a way you can post a pic of the GBA games? I ordered Mario Kart and I just want to know what to expect...[/QUOTE]

sure, i'll post pics of both tomorrow.

Are Wherehouse online and B&M prices the same? I was considering trading in some of my games and using the credit if the prices are the same as online. Don't have to hassle with shipping and stuff. I hear FYE is the same. Can you trade in sealed games opposed to opened ones. I have some cheap CC games that I'd like to get rid of but don't want to open unless I have to. Also, has anyone been denied a trade in that was advertised online.

It's YMMV on the sealed games, but I suggest no more than one out of every four or five be sealed, if you walk in with a stack of sealed games, looks kinda suspicious, doesn't it?

[quote name='spamfree2'] Also, has anyone been denied a trade in that was advertised online.[/QUOTE]

If you mean, have they not accepted a game in store that had a trade in price online? If so, then yes. Regardless of if they are accepting it online or not, it depends on how many they have in the acutal store in you are in that determines if they will take it or not. When Room Zoom was still getting $26, they wouldn't take it in the store I went to because they already had 3 used copies so I ended up selling it to them online

I have traded in games at both FYE and Coconuts, which normally follow closely w/ the Wherehouse.com pricing. You can bring in sealed games, the employees simply scan the barcode, though I believe they open them if you do trade them in. In any case, who cares if they get suspicious or anxious, they're YOUR games.

If you walk in with a stack of sealed games, they could suspect you stole it. And don't forget they can refuse to do a trade for ANY reason. If they don't feel like it, or if they're in a bad mood, they can just say NO

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']If you walk in with a stack of sealed games, they could suspect you stole it. And don't forget they can refuse to do a trade for ANY reason. If they don't feel like it, or if they're in a bad mood, they can just say NO[/quote]

If I walk into a store with a stack of sealed games, I do not get treated like I stole them. Now, if you're acting like you stole them, then the store employees are going to think that. It's all a matter of perception. If you didn't steal them, you shouldn't be worried about what other people are thinking.

It's not that I care what they think, it's that if they DO think I stole them they could refuse the trade and/or ban you from the store. Not only that, but it gets obvious that you're flipping if you walk in with a stack, especially if they're multiples, of sealed games. If they know that you're flipping they could ban you.

I try to look at the game cost or the value when decided if I want to open a game or not. If the game cost $1 - $3 and is worthless, I'll open it up, but if a game cost $10 for example, then I'll leave it sealed because I don't want to be out $10 if they don't accept it. When I picked up some MX game for $10 at Sears that got $24, I left that sealed but if I was going to trade in Drake for example, I would open that since it only costs $0.96.

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']If they know that you're flipping they could ban you.[/quote]

Why would they care?

Unless you're an employee and taking advantage of the company of course.

Well.. i traded in Drake & Powerdrome. Both were about .99 each. got $16 in cash. They didn't take GBAs so I guess I'll have to send those in. I ended up opening all of 'em though. I bought those games in the range of .99 to 1.99. So not much lost there. I guess i'll send in another Drake and Powerdrome that I got from the CC clearance. Thanks for all the help.

[quote name='waxHead']If I walk into a store with a stack of sealed games, I do not get treated like I stole them. Now, if you're acting like you stole them, then the store employees are going to think that. It's all a matter of perception. If you didn't steal them, you shouldn't be worried about what other people are thinking.[/QUOTE]

the few times i've brought in sealed games, I've been refused and treated like a criminal, despite my politeness.

[quote name='Apossum']the few times i've brought in sealed games, I've been refused and treated like a criminal, despite my politeness.[/quote]

I'd demand to speak to a manager, and if they continued to treat me like that, I'd demand to get the district manager's number. I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone changed their tone.

Well..got my notification from wherehouse.com. They got all my games and got
$49.xx for these junk games:

Drake (.99 @ CC)
Carmen Sandiego (2.xx @ Sears)
Mighty Beanz Pocket Puzzles (1.98 @ CC)
Starsky & Hutch ( 1.99 @ CC)
Pumpkin King (1.99 @ BB )
Shaman King: Legacy Of Spirits -- Sprinting Wolf (1.99 @ BB)

Now what to buy..

Anyone here ever trade in the same game? Do they even care?

[quote name='spamfree2']

Anyone here ever trade in the same game? Do they even care?[/quote]

Back in the day when you could get free games from Best Buy with the $5 coupon, I sent in multiples of the same game (but in different shipments). They accepted them just fine. Just don't send 5 shipments in a row of the same game... break them up with some other crap games mixed in.

[quote name='spamfree2']

Anyone here ever trade in the same game? Do they even care?[/QUOTE]

Someone reported that they got banned for sending in too many copies of Timesplitters (they only did 1 at a time and still got caught).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Someone reported that they got banned for sending in too many copies of Timesplitters (they only did 1 at a time and still got caught).[/QUOTE]

Doesn't their site state you can only trade in one copy of a game per account...? I think it does, which is why I never tried, but if others have had success, I might have to space some doubles. ^_^

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Someone reported that they got banned for sending in too many copies of Timesplitters (they only did 1 at a time and still got caught).[/QUOTE]

How many did he send in before he got caught?

Knowing some of the people from CAG he probably tried WAAAAAYYYYY too many. I think I'd limit myself at 2 per title just to be safe.

I haven't done any trading to wherehouse in a while. But in my history, ive traded in 4 copies of Timesplitters.
My main moneymaker was Cds though. Overstock had a ton of $1 CDs, which all traded in for $3.75 at wherehouse. Id send in 25 at a time and never had a problem.
Freestyle soccer(1.50 at BB -> 17.50 credit) was the all-time best deal though

[quote name='Apossum']the few times i've brought in sealed games, I've been refused and treated like a criminal, despite my politeness.[/QUOTE]

cuz they think u stole it from somewhere else (or even that store for that matter). If you dress well, like even just a polo shirt, they generally wont treat you like a criminal but may give u a funny look.

Looks like they added a ton of used games in especially for the PSP. A lot of good PSP games for $19.99 I just picked up Mario Baseball fpr Gamecube for $29.99 used (last one).

[quote name='spamfree2']Well.. i traded in Drake & Powerdrome. Both were about .99 each. got $16 in cash. They didn't take GBAs so I guess I'll have to send those in. I ended up opening all of 'em though. I bought those games in the range of .99 to 1.99. So not much lost there. I guess i'll send in another Drake and Powerdrome that I got from the CC clearance. Thanks for all the help.[/quote]

And people wonder why we have basically 1 used video game store now. Quit taking advantage of these companies and maybe there will be more selection, hence better prices.

[quote name='schuerm26']And people wonder why we have basically 1 used video game store now. Quit taking advantage of these companies and maybe there will be more selection, hence better prices.[/quote]
Wow.. So I made a few bucks off of a trade in. I've been ripped off many times before. I dropped by Wherehouse Music and saw some games that have gone GH still at full price. Ex. God Of War. I'm sorry if they aren't doing their jobs by researching current prices for trades/selling. I think most game stores close b/c of bad business practices and policies. Not to mention some of their trade in values on new games are an insult...

[quote name='schuerm26']And people wonder why we have basically 1 used video game store now. Quit taking advantage of these companies and maybe there will be more selection, hence better prices.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you are saying. How exactly would it improve their selection if that guy didn't trade in crappy games?

It's wherehouse.com's fault for accepting these crappy games(at a high price no less) and not accepting the trade in of much better titles..... games that people might actually want to buy.
Just look over the game listings and you'll see what I mean. They give awesome credit for crap like Powerdrome and Dinotopia while outright refusing to accept quality games that people would actually want like Fatal Frame 1 for xbox(to name one example).

To be fair I have noticed lately that they are starting to accept trades on titles that they previously never did. Now they need to refuse trades of crap games or simply lower their value.
You can't expect people to take advantage of insane trade-in deals while they have them.

i was looking for Samurai Warriors XL they got a restock? seems rare that they do restock since this is KOEI title I'm gonna go ahead and jump on the deal.

bread's done
Back