Which 3 from TRU?

So far my TRU doesn't have Katamari Damacy. :(

Could have been enough to push me into picking up Sims and Mario Golf for a $20 set.

I'm going to check TRU after work today to see what's in stock; I'll compile a final list when I get home. For now, these are my (tentative) wish lists:

#1:
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (PS2 or Xbox)
NFL Street (PS2)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)

#2:
Crimson Skies (Xbox)
Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
Rallisport Challenge 2 (Xbox)

#3:
Asterix & Obelix: Kick Buttix (PS2)*
Nightshade (PS2)**
Pitfall (GC, PS2 or Xbox)

#4:
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (PS2)*
Drakengard (PS2)
Maximo: Army of Zin (PS2)

#5:
Onimusha Blade Warriors (PS2)
Samurai Warriors (PS2)
TOCA Race Driver 2/Colin McRae Rally 2004 bundle (Xbox)

* if in stock
** may substitute for another game

Hmm..

Maybe I'll just wait a month when all these titles start coming up in Cheapass trading under the heading of:

"Please help me pay off my credit card bill" =D

Cuz you know some people are going a little over-board with this sale.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='ransom456'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']Toys R us wont carry Shin Megami Tensei: Nocture. I talked to the manager and he said it had too much satanist stuff for toys r us to allow its sale.[/quote]

Bastards.

Well, I'll go look anyway, but that will likely cost TRU my business during this sale.[/quote]

They sell it online though.[/quote]

I wouldn't really trust what a Toys R us employee said even if he is the manager. He probably just made something up on the spot. They carry other mature games why not Shin Megami.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='FunkSoulBrother']Do all the games have to be the same price? I want to pick up some stuff, but I may mix and match prices. First example, 1 game might be $30, 1 might be $20, and the other could be $50. Would I still be able to get a free game? I know the online offer requires you to have them at the same price, but I'm just wondering if it's the same in the B&M store.[/quote]

Yes but it is not a good deal. You will get the $20 game free.[/quote]

Yeah if you do that you will really be losing value from the sale.

[quote name='vanlandw']i think i'm goign to pick up only one set of 20 dollar games....zelda, hopefuly twin snakes and something else maybe just for fun :p[/quote]

Isn't Twin snakes still $29.99

[quote name='"nikkai"']Hmm..

Maybe I'll just wait a month when all these titles start coming up in Cheapass trading under the heading of:

"Please help me pay off my credit card bill" =D

Cuz you know some people are going a little over-board with this sale.[/quote]

And their TRU must be alot better stocked than the one near me. I went there tonight just to see what they had, and finding even three games that aren't ancient and that I actually want might be a challenge. Which is probably a good thing, since that is less money that I will be tempted to spend...

I was plannign on stayign away but reading this thread makes me wanna check it out. my wife will kill me though.

Im thinkin -
shin megami
phantom brave
???

I think I have every other $50 game im interested in right now.

I want
soem cheaper titles so I may just do a $20 bunch
maybe a $30 too.

yea I think ill do a set of 20 and another of 30

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']Toys R us wont carry Shin Megami Tensei: Nocture. I talked to the manager and he said it had too much satanist stuff for toys r us to allow its sale.[/quote]
I wouldn't really trust what a Toys R us employee said even if he is the manager. He probably just made something up on the spot. They carry other mature games why not Shin Megami.[/quote]

Agreed. BTW, I checked my TRU yesterday evening and found 5 copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocture on the shelf. My guess is that, unless you live in the heart of the Bible Belt, more than likely, the TRU employee was simply too lazy to check the aisles to see if a particular title was in stock.

I'm having trouble deciding on what to get for the TRU sale. Currently, I decided to get:

Paper Mario
Donkey Konga

For my last one, I got to choose between:
X-Men Legends (it's still $35 at Amazon for the GCN version)
Def Jam: Fight for NY (my bro wants it, but he prefers it to be on the Xbox, seems like a good game)
WWE Day of Reckoning (probably not since reviews don't seem very good for this game)
Mario Kart:DD (I am determine to wait until the price drop, but if I have no choice...)

Any suggestion would be nice.

Another question: does anybody know if I order today or tomorrow would affect when they ship the games?

For me it's a real good deal only if you're buying new games that cost $50. Like getting SMT: Nocturne, I don't see the price of that game dropping anytime soon. But other than that I don't see anything that I want that won't be cheaper come christmas or early next year so I'm just gonna wait buying used at EB's holiday sales.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Viewtiful Joe
Animal Crossing/Pikmim

Jak II
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Katamari Damacy

This is all pending, since I still haven't decided how much I'll spend (I'll likely not be getting Set 2) and I don't know whether my Toys'R'Us even has the games. I did see Wind Waker and Viewtiful the last time I went there, though, so I'll definitely be picking those two up. Jak II and Going Commando was, surprisingly, absent from their stock, and so was Katamari Damacy. I'll make a trip back tomorrow and check out the selection.

I picked up Pikmin 2, Paper Mario TTYD, and Tales of Symphonia. Would have gotten Donkey Konga, but I had already gotten it from Fry's.

Just a note for those of you getting Paper Mario (and if you got it online and it's shipped from Delaware), I just got my copy and there's a cut on the spine. I think whoever opened their shipment of Paper Marios wasn't very careful with the box cutter or something. Not too big of a deal, but I'm still returning mine for an exchange.

Provided they're in stock, I'd like to get

Paper Mario 2
Donkey Konga

Not sure about the third. Maybe X-Men Legends. I'm not holding out much hope though. My TRU is kinda crappy and doesn't stock well. I'll be checking it out tomorrow anyways. May just have to try and pick these up online though. Oh well...

With any luck

Ace Combat 5
Shin Megami Tensei
Paper Mario

I called my local TRUs (Burlington and Cherry Hill NJ) and both said they didn't have SMT. Also, since AC5 comes out this week can I just buy SMT and PM and some other $50 game and then wait for AC5, exchange my $50 title and get AC5?

I'm thinking of spending $40-50 at TRU on the sale and maybe get 3-$20 games or 2-$20 and a $30 game. I was thinking of getting

Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank: GC

and either another $20 game or a $30 game. Any suggestions on the third game?

THUG
SSX 3
SOCOM II

CV: LOI
POP
Tekken TT

edit: damn it. i didn't seem to have enough cash so i just got one set. and another bad thing was that they didn't have thug so i got pop with ssx and socom

I got Shadow Hearts Covenant and the 2 last copies of Shin Megami Tensei. So that's 3 copies of SMT for me.

I have a feeling that SMT will be pretty rare (even before reading the thread concerning this prediction).

[quote name='FunkSoulBrother']Do all the games have to be the same price? I want to pick up some stuff, but I may mix and match prices. First example, 1 game might be $30, 1 might be $20, and the other could be $50. Would I still be able to get a free game? I know the online offer requires you to have them at the same price, but I'm just wondering if it's the same in the B&M store.[/quote]

You can do this, but your free game will always be the cheapest. At least that's the way it's worked in the past. So, the best deals are when you buy 3 games of the same price.

I picked up:
Paper Mario
Konkey Konga
Pikmin 2

Then:
SMT
Phantom Brave
still pending on 3rd game (they told me as long as I have receipt I could pick up my free 3rd game later in the week, I'm considering Bard's Tale)

SMT won't just be rare because Atlus released it. It's gonna be rare because so many people are snatching up multiple copies of it, probably making it look rarer than it should be.

The value for RPGs tend to stay high longer and they usually bring out the hardcore gamers so expect it to sell like crazy on eBay.

Already took advantage of TRU's recent 'green tag' sale on select titles for 50% off.

Gonna pass on the B2G1F, as the average price still works out to be higher now than later when a significant price drop hits. This is a Great Deal for those titles most people can not wait for, or for titles that take forever to drop. Example: GTA: SA, Donkey Konga, X-Men Legends, etc.

I'm looking forward to what the major competitors will be offering during the holiday season. Games galore!

[quote name='Johnny Postman']My 3 for the Gamecube

1) Donkey Konga
2) Donkey Konga
3) Donkey Konga

Will trade-in the game discs at BB and get the bongos for under $8 each.[/quote]

Could you please explain to us how the math works on that? Also, did you say, 'trade-in .... at BB?' as in Best Buy? :shock:

To whoever posted that they dont sell Shin Megami, I went today to see what they had, and they had multiple copies of this game. The only thing is that they only have them in a glass case behind the counter and not out on the floor (this was the case for a bunch of newer games), so I can assure you that at least some TRU have this game in stock and do carry it.

[quote name='Mospeada_21'][quote name='Johnny Postman']My 3 for the Gamecube

1) Donkey Konga
2) Donkey Konga
3) Donkey Konga

Will trade-in the game discs at BB and get the bongos for under $8 each.[/quote]

Could you please explain to us how the math works on that? Also, did you say, 'trade-in .... at BB?' as in Best Buy? :shock:[/quote]

BlockBuster

I picked up Donkey Konga, PAper Mario and Kingdom Under Fire. The TRU I went to let me pick them up Saturday Night and come back on Sunday and get the refund. I wanted OTogi 2, but they didn't get it in. I might buy another set of games, assuming they get in Otogi 2 (it'd probably be that, Bard's Tale and something else) but at this point, I need to save for GTA, DOA, Halo 2 and SD vs Raw :)

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Mospeada_21'][quote name='Johnny Postman']My 3 for the Gamecube

1) Donkey Konga
2) Donkey Konga
3) Donkey Konga

Could you please explain to us how the math works on that? Also, did you say, 'trade-in .... at BB?' as in Best Buy? :shock:[/quote]

BlockBuster[/quote]

What is the trade in value of just the Donkey Konga Disc?

I think I'll be getting Sonic Adventure DX, Katamari Damacy, and Puyo Pop Fever, from the Amazon website.

[quote name='bileanddecay']I got Shadow Hearts Covenant and the 2 last copies of Shin Megami Tensei. So that's 3 copies of SMT for me.

I have a feeling that SMT will be pretty rare (even before reading the thread concerning this prediction).[/quote]

thanks fucker

I went there the day after it started and the games i wanted were all gone. I dont feel like returning even if there is a chance they restocked.

bread's done
Back