Which cancelled video game do you wish had not been cancelled?

Half Life DC [US]

[quote name='jmcc']I was under the impression that True Fantasy Live Online was back from the dead. Also, that it had been chillin' at the beach down at Club Med.[/quote]

Paul's Boutique -- My favorite album of all time .

[quote name='Richlough']Half Life DC [US]

[quote name='jmcc']I was under the impression that True Fantasy Live Online was back from the dead. Also, that it had been chillin' at the beach down at Club Med.[/quote]

Paul's Boutique -- My favorite album of all time .[/quote]

I wish it would get remastered, because I personally think it's mixed too low, but it can never ever be, since the cost of having to pay for all the samples would be crushing. Also, I'm going to play HL for the DC right now, because playing is for pleasure.

[quote name='alongx']

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Earthbound 63[/quote]

I was much more excited for Earthbound 64 and the 64DD, though the 64DD was one of the worst ideas.

Also, D2 for the M2 - I know it came out for the Dreamcast later, but I was really curious what the hell Matsushita was planning with the M2, and I was kinda pissed that it never got made.[/quote]

Oops :oops: my bad.

[quote name='Pylis'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='xspeedracerx']Sam and Max: Freelance Police, and also the new Full Throttle.[/quote]

Same here, I'm quite pissed at Lucas Arts for taunting us like that. :x[/quote]

Ditto. I wish Sam and Max had made it. Instead we'll get yet another shitty Star Wars game, too.[/quote]

Remember the cartoon? Why do nerds suddenly appear? Ah... Sam and Max :cry:

[quote name='alongx']Also, D2 for the M2 - I know it came out for the Dreamcast later, but I was really curious what the hell Matsushita was planning with the M2, and I was kinda pissed that it never got made.[/quote]

It must have been. IIRC Someone posted a link to an Ebay auction for one here a week or two ago.

[quote name='camoor']I want an Aeon Flux game. It needs to get uncancelled.[/quote]

I'll sign the petition. Though it would be kind of useless if they release it on the PS1.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='alongx']Also, D2 for the M2 - I know it came out for the Dreamcast later, but I was really curious what the hell Matsushita was planning with the M2, and I was kinda pissed that it never got made.[/quote]

It must have been. IIRC Someone posted a link to an Ebay auction for one here a week or two ago.[/quote]

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41537&highlight=

I still think that SOMEONE has to have some kind of prototype software for it.

Policenauts for PSOne
Policenauts for PSOne
Policenauts for PSOne

and one more....

POLICENAUTS for PSOne!!

I also have to agree with an earlier poster about Fear Effect : Inferno. Man I wanted that game.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Propeller Arena (dc)[/quote]

The sad thing about it, is that the game was pretty much complete. The game played really good and the music rocked. Too bad sega never released it. :roll:

It had some thing to do with the four horseman of the apocalypse but i can not remember the title. It was shown in game informer one issue and then i think a few months later the company that was making it(3do?) closed

Dead Phoenix. That game looked cool as hell. Cooler when it looked like it might turn into Kid Icarus... oh well... so much for the Capcom5.

True Fantasy Live Online-I needed to play a MMORPG and I'm wasn't going to pay $100 plus monthly fees for FFXI. I think it'll come out for the Xbox2/Xenon. Microsoft knows how much $$$ they could make with a MMORPG other than PSO

Red Star- I never read the comic but I'm a sucker for a good beat 'em up and this looked promising. Heard it may come out this year. So, both of the games I want might come out...one day.

Buggie Boogie for N64 - build your own dune buggy and kill your friends!
Creator for N64 - Part of the 64DD Mario Paint quadrilogy. Basically, create your own game and play it.
64DD - Nintendo peripherals like this NEVER come to the US!! I really wish it would have done well... I was excited about the possibilites.

And I too am kinda upset about Fear Effect: Inferno, mostly because the graphics in those games were amazing.

And of course, STAR FOX 2 for SNES! *cry* Why was it canceled?!?!

I also wish they would have brought Terranigma and Seiken Densetsu 3 to the US...

Darn, right at the last reply, now I look unoriginal. ;P

But yeah, Star Fox 2. The game was virtually finished (prototype ROMs are now available on the net, and people from CES recalled being able to beat it without issues), but Nintendo decided that it was too late in the SNES's life to profit, so they shifted focus on Star Fox 64, which was good, but "more of the same." Star Fox 2 had completely free-range battles, and shorter missions, but with more things going on (you had to keep an eye on Corneria to keep it from being too damaged by enemy attacks as you made your progress). It would've been very cool, and heck, still kind of is. Wish they'd do a GBA or DS port of Star Fox and include Star Fox 2 as a bonus.

People also swear by Treasure's Sin and Punishment for the N64, I've yet to play it myself because it was never released in the US (and I just haven't dug up the ROM).

TFLO and Four Horsemen are both interesting as well, and I'm glad both might still be potentially coming out, especially True Fantasy.

[quote name='Kaijufan']There was a 2d SNES Godzilla fighting game that was released in Japan and was going to come over to America, but for some reason the American release was cancelled. Maybe Ill download it someday.[/quote]

According to Digital Press, it was called Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters.

Anyways, Taz Express for the N64 comes to mind. I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power. For some reason it never got released. Earthbound 64 would have been nice too.

Also, I heard that at one point there was a sequel to Rock N Roll Racing in development for the Playstation. I wonder how that would have turned out.

Man, back when I first got my PSX in winter of 1997, I got this bitchin' demo disc with some cool demos on it, most notably Intelligent Qube (the closest I'll ever come to owning this legendary game untill it's rereleased or I get to importing the PS2 remix version). Anyway, on this disc, you could press the shoulders buttons on the certain games in the game selections to get codes to unlock bonus things in the disc, one which is a movie of a game called Exodus. This game looked like one of the most bad ass games ever, but it was apparently never released anywhere, as there are no articles for it anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know what game I'm talking about? The protagonist was apparently a robot who could change forms at will could use cool looking weapons. This was on one of the earlier psx demo discs that only had that big selections of games when it loaded up rather than the menus in jampack discs. If anyone can find some information about this, I'd be very happy.

I'm looking around for info on the Dragon Force Sega Ages PS2 remake and aren't coming up with much, so I'll go with that. It's not like it will come over here even if it IS made in Japan, though, so it's moot.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I actually had a copy of thrill kill. Wish I still had it, would it be worth much today.[/quote]

Not really. It's freely available through secret, illegal channels.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Robotech: Crystal Dreams for the n64
Macross VFX2 for the psone[/quote]

Those are my two as well, though i'm fairly sure Crystal dreams would have stunk I still would have wanted to play it. I did get a chance to play Macross Vf-X2, the game was awesome, a real shame it never came out over here.

[quote name='DigitalSpace'][quote name='Kaijufan']There was a 2d SNES Godzilla fighting game that was released in Japan and was going to come over to America, but for some reason the American release was cancelled. Maybe Ill download it someday.[/quote]

According to Digital Press, it was called Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters.

Anyways, Taz Express for the N64 comes to mind. I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power. For some reason it never got released. Earthbound 64 would have been nice too.

Also, I heard that at one point there was a sequel to Rock N Roll Racing in development for the Playstation. I wonder how that would have turned out.[/quote]

I'm fairly sure that the Godzilla 2d fighting game came out in the US on the Turbo Duo. I'm at work so I can't direct link, but go to the following link, click PC-FX TV, and watch episode 4.

www.pcenginefx.com

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Man, back when I first got my PSX in winter of 1997, I got this bitchin' demo disc with some cool demos on it, most notably Intelligent Qube (the closest I'll ever come to owning this legendary game untill it's rereleased or I get to importing the PS2 remix version). Anyway, on this disc, you could press the shoulders buttons on the certain games in the game selections to get codes to unlock bonus things in the disc, one which is a movie of a game called Exodus. This game looked like one of the most bad ass games ever, but it was apparently never released anywhere, as there are no articles for it anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know what game I'm talking about? The protagonist was apparently a robot who could change forms at will could use cool looking weapons. This was on one of the earlier psx demo discs that only had that big selections of games when it loaded up rather than the menus in jampack discs. If anyone can find some information about this, I'd be very happy.[/quote]

I checked my PSX Sampler Disc from like 1997 (Ver. 3.5), and Exodus wasn't on there... I also checked gameFAQs, and it came up with one Japanese Exodus game that seemed too anime-influenced to have anything to do with super transforming robots. Just wanted to let you know that I wanted to make you happy but failed. =D

bread's done
Back