Which cancelled video game do you wish had not been cancelled?

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
There are many games on my list, but the one that stands out is BattleBots the video game that was supposed to have come out for the Xbox and GameCube. It was cancelled because it had a few bugs in it and BattleBots had a few legal troubles (which is also why the show was cancelled). The game still has a chance to come out as BattleBots has won the case in court and they will start the show up again soon. So which cancelled video game do you wish had not been cancelled?

Wasnt there a big thread like this not to long ago. Either way I would have to say True Fantasy Live Online, Sonic Xtreme, and Castlevania DC.

well i wanted red dead revolver for a long time but it came out which is cool with me. that was one of my most anticipated games that i thought would never come out.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Sam and Max: Freelance Police, and also the new Full Throttle.[/quote]

Same here, I'm quite pissed at Lucas Arts for taunting us like that. :x

[quote name='ananag112']There are many games on my list, but the one that stands out is BattleBots the video game that was supposed to have come out for the Xbox and GameCube. It was cancelled because it had a few bugs in it and BattleBots had a few legal troubles (which is also why the show was cancelled). The game still has a chance to come out as BattleBots has won the case in court and they will start the show up again soon. So which cancelled video game do you wish had not been cancelled?[/quote]

Yes someone else besides me feels battlebots shouldnt have been cancelled.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='xspeedracerx']Sam and Max: Freelance Police, and also the new Full Throttle.[/quote]

Same here, I'm quite pissed at Lucas Arts for taunting us like that. :x[/quote]

Ditto. I wish Sam and Max had made it. Instead we'll get yet another shitty Star Wars game, too.

I was under the impression that True Fantasy Live Online was back from the dead. Also, that it had been chillin' at the beach down at Club Med.

[quote name='jmcc']I was under the impression that True Fantasy Live Online was back from the dead. Also, that it had been chillin' at the beach down at Club Med.[/quote]

I am pretty sure they are going to revive it, but I don't think it should have been canned in the first place.

[quote name='zewone']Wasnt there a big thread like this not to long ago. Either way I would have to say True Fantasy Live Online, Sonic Xtreme, and Castlevania DC.[/quote]

Ya... there was :roll:

anyway Earthbound 64 still

There was a 2d SNES Godzilla fighting game that was released in Japan and was going to come over to America, but for some reason the American release was cancelled. Maybe Ill download it someday.

Treasure developed a Tiny Toons game for the PS2. I haven't heard from it in a while and assume that it's been cancelled.

Be glad that the Full Throttle sequel was cancelled, even the developers of it were glad that it was. Just think why it was.

I'll always be saying the US version of Shenmue 2, which was cancelled and moved to Xbox weeks before it's release. I was excited and willing to go buy it when it was released, then reading that bit of news completely ruined my day.

A cancel blast from the past: Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury. While not a trekkie, back in the day, the demo reels for that game looked incredible.

And of course including some recent cancels like Sam 'N Max.

Too Human- a cyberpunk type game that was in development for PS1 for like 4 years, then Silicon Knights got bought out and the game is in "development hell". Last I heard, it wasn't cancelled, but there has been no news on it in like 2-3 years so I can only assume that it's done for...

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='tyecko']thrill kill[/quote]

yea it sucks they caned it have you played it?[/quote]

i downloaded a copy years back and from what i remember it wasn't too great...should have been released anyways, it was finished afterall...

Propeller arena. Luckily my friend downloaded it an I am about to play it tonight. but now theres no damn online play. stupid sega bastards.

I heard both Full Throttle and Vectorman were cancelled because the developers even admitted that they werent good games. But Sam & Max is one I wanted to come out. Oh well.

[quote name='tcrash247']Dead Rush was sounding pretty sweet. GTA meets Dawn of the Dead.[/quote]

Whoa - they canceled this game?! I had no idea...now i'm depressed. It did look awesome when I read about it in OXM

The Red Star and BC althought I have heard both may make it out in 2005. hopefull we'll see some resurections this year of dead games we all wanted. Also Tork , but it is oming in a couple of weeks now. At least one of my 3 will make it for sure.

Shenmue II for Dreamcast. Shenmue 1 was the reason why I bought the Dreamcast, and I had to wait like 2 more years before I played the sequel on the XBOX.

I was also upset that Half-Life DC was canceled even though the game was completed.

Sam and Max
Full Throttle
BC
Earthbound 63
Mother 1 + 2 for GBA
Unity
Chrono Break (sounded like another Chrono game but I guess we'll never know as Square lost the rights to it.)

[quote name='ww3676']Too Human- a cyberpunk type game that was in development for PS1 for like 4 years, then Silicon Knights got bought out and the game is in "development hell". Last I heard, it wasn't cancelled, but there has been no news on it in like 2-3 years so I can only assume that it's done for...[/quote]

Amen to that, brotha.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Earthbound 63[/quote]

I was much more excited for Earthbound 64 and the 64DD, though the 64DD was one of the worst ideas.

Also, D2 for the M2 - I know it came out for the Dreamcast later, but I was really curious what the hell Matsushita was planning with the M2, and I was kinda pissed that it never got made.

I was really interested in Giftpia for the Cube, but it got canned for American release, and apparently has much too much text to import. :whistle2:/

Propeller Arena and the Dreamcast Online servers in general. I think I'd curl up and die if XBox Live were discontinued: I live for online console play.

raven blade

dead phoenix

oh, and although it isnt official, i assume sega wont be able to continue making their stellar ESPN NFL games due to EA, so i count those as cancelled. and they will be missed...

bread's done
Back