Which genre is better? JRPGs or WRPGs

[quote name='The Crotch']Don't fight it, man. It's like lurking on Free Republic the day after the election. God put trainwrecks on this Earth for us to watch.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this was an alt-account of JSP trolling us. But it isn't. And I fucking love it for that.[/QUOTE]

Bahaha... I especially love how this guy keeps bringing up gamefaqs. I keep expecting him to finally get off of that soap box, but I'm beginning to realize that it's just not going to happen.

[quote name='The Crotch']I just voted JRPG even though that's not my opinion.

Dogs fucking cats, people.[/QUOTE]

You act like because you purposely deceive my poll that it's innacurate and means nothing. All you did was further back me as most people voting are voting for what they like and it's actually authentic honesty.

You're the one trying to troll.
[quote name='Mixer236']Bahaha... I especially love how this guy keeps bringing up gamefaqs. I keep expecting him to finally get off of that soap box, but I'm beginning to realize that it's just not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

So because I make comparsions with a popular gaming site that everyone knows vs using a niche site that not everyone would know makes all my points invalid?

What the hell do you expect me to compare to reddit? ps3trophies.com? IGN?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blueshinra']Every time I see an argument like this, I think, God damn, this person's really missing out on the fantastic JRPGs exclusive to portable systems.[/QUOTE]

I like JRPGs, but I hate that it has come to this. I don't carpool, bus, or take the train, I drive my own car. So when I game, I'm at home. I really don't want to be looking at a tiny screen when my TV or Monitor is right over there. Personal preference, that and I'd probably need reading glasses for portables.

[quote name='needler420']So because I make comparsions with a popular gaming site that everyone knows vs using a niche site that not everyone would know makes all my points invalid?

What the hell do you expect me to compare to reddit? ps3trophies.com? IGN?[/QUOTE]

That's just it, I don't expect you to compare anything to anything. In all reality, one isn't better than the other... And you keep referring to your gamefaqs reference as "proof".

They're both great genres.

[quote name='Mixer236']That's just it, I don't expect you to compare anything to anything. In all reality, one isn't better than the other... And you keep referring to your gamefaqs reference as "proof".

They're both great genres.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and waffles are equally as good as french toast.

Lately Western RPGs have been much better (just the BioWare ones), but no Western RPGs have matched the quality of Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy X, Chrono Trigger, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, or Secret of Evermore.

I voted JRPG. Also, I don't know what goth genres your poll is referring to.

[quote name='needler420']Yeah and waffles are equally as good as french toast.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm glad you're coming around.

[quote name='Mixer236']Exactly. I'm glad you're coming around.[/QUOTE]

Ok mr. Sheldon from big bang theory. You must not be able to sense sarcasm.

French toast is better by miles. Waffles is as bland as blandest can be.

You're my favorite FRENCH TOAST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FwfGWtqUdY

Don't be in denial I know you know that french toast is better.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Lately Western RPGs have been much better (just the BioWare ones), but no Western RPGs have matched the quality of Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy X, Chrono Trigger, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, or Secret of Evermore.

I voted JRPG. Also, I don't know what goth genres your poll is referring to.[/QUOTE]

This is why I think the numbers are so skewed... Ask someone to name a JRPG and they're probably going to say something like: FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FFVII etc.

Point being that most of the best JRPG's came out over a decade ago, while WRPGs have really hit their stride within the past 5 years. To say one is definitively so much better is stupid, when both offer plenty of great entries within their respective genres.

Also, as much as I've been playing Devil's advocate here, I really do enjoy JRPGs. I even enjoyed FFXIII for goodness sake! :lol:

[quote name='needler420']Ok mr. Sheldon from big bang theory. You must not be able to sense sarcasm. [/QUOTE]
That makes two of you apparently

[quote name='needler420']Ok mr. Sheldon from big bang theory. You must not be able to sense sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe you failed to sense my sarcasm regarding your sarcasm. *GASP*

/mindasplode

[quote name='Mixer236']This is why I think the numbers are so skewed... Ask someone to name a JRPG and they're probably going to say something like: FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FFVII etc.

Point being that most of the best JRPG's came out over a decade ago, while WRPGs have really hit their stride within the past 5 years. To say one is definitively so much better is stupid, when both offer plenty of great entries within their respective genres.

Also, as much as I've been playing Devil's advocate here, I really do enjoy JRPGs. I even enjoyed FFXIII for goodness sake! :lol:[/QUOTE]

You can be Keanu Reeves and ill be Al pacino.

[quote name='Mixer236']Or maybe you failed to sense my sarcasm regarding your sarcasm. *GASP*

/mindasplode[/QUOTE]

Well I do suck as sensing sarcasm.

I think we need to stop this poll and start a new one, one based solely on waffles. It would probably be more relevant to all of our interests.

It's funny how many of you either have a Japanese anime character as an avatar or a Japanese game character or nick name.

Seriously like half of you. I'm the one with the actual western name from the gun from halo.

p4Vez.jpg

[quote name='The Crotch']
p4Vez.jpg
[/QUOTE]

FEMA only helps people if your state governor declares your state a state of Emergency. We will need Red cross.

[quote name='GhostShark']I think we need to stop this poll and start a new one, one based solely on waffles. It would probably be more relevant to all of our interests.[/QUOTE]

I'm down with this.

All in favor?

[quote name='needler420']You can be Keanu Reeves and ill be Al pacino.[/QUOTE]

Deal. But only if I can also be The One Keanu. I'm thinking maybe a split-personality type of thing.

[quote name='needler420']It's funny how many of you either have a Japanese anime character as an avatar or a Japanese game character or nick name.

Seriously like half of you. I'm the one with the actual western name from the gun from halo.[/QUOTE]
What does that have to do with anything?

He's trying to say he's a MS fanboy which is why he's trying to trick people into thinking he likes JRPG's more than Western.

He's trying to appear like a not fanboy even though he totally is.

Hell no, French toast is nasty. I rarely put anything on waffles as it is. I don't butter my toast either, unless I'm making grilled cheese.

I'm probably the exact opposite.

I'm a Sony fanboy hence why I like Japanese games and a windows user.

I'm too poor to afford mac. And I already owned 3 xbox360s first 2 broke and the third one I returned shortly after purchasing it.

Just because I use windows doesn't mean I like MS. I didn't pay for windows 7 and I ain't going to pay for windows 8. I despise MS so much I used to teach people how to flash their xbox.

[quote name='The Crotch']He's actually a Mac fanboy still in denial that Microsoft bought Bungie way-back-when.[/QUOTE]

Which means his favorite JRPGs are Mac exclusive?

Waitaminute, that means he doesn't like JRPGs at all!

It's not that big of a surprise. Last Gen xbox was in last place too. And PS2 in 1st with gamecube in 2nd.

It's what the market wants. Japanese consoles.

[quote name='Mixer236']What in the... Where has this thread gone in my absence?

You guys are disappointing me.[/QUOTE]
The train has jumped the tracks and is now barreling through farmers' fields and I think someone turned out to be a giant fucking weeaboo. But more importantly,
kh9gF.jpg

lol crotch went all political. Kind of confuses me.

On topic WRPG is catching up to JRPG.

I'm not a weeboo either ok. I bought Skyrim. I just haven't played it. I also don't like anime at all.

I don't hate it because I know many people like it but I have no interest or passion for anime. I just respect it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='needler420']lol crotch went all political. Kind of confuses me.

On topic WRPG is catching up to JRPG.

I'm not a weeboo either ok. I bought Skyrim. I just haven't played it. I also don't like anime at all.

I don't hate it because I know many people like it but I have no interest or passion for anime. I just respect it.[/QUOTE]

This is interesting to me... Almost everyone that likes JRPGs has at least a small interest in some kind of anime.

[quote name='Mixer236']This is interesting to me... Almost everyone that likes JRPGs has at least a small interest in some kind of anime.[/QUOTE]

My X loved it I can barely stand it. Thought like I said I don't hate it I use to watch a little DBZ growing up and some adult swim anime.

All this new anime I know nothing of. 99% of all that stuff squarehead posts in the bragging rights sections I have no clue what that anime is. It's a little weird IMO. with the young girls and what not.

Hence where weeboo came from.

bread's done
Back