Which of the four major US sports do you like most?

Nascar should probably be an option seeing as how it usually has a larger viewing audience than hokcey and baseball (with the exception of the playoffs). And to claim it's not a sport is absurd.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Nascar should probably be an option seeing as how it usually has a larger viewing audience than hokcey and baseball (with the exception of the playoffs). And to claim it's not a sport is absurd.[/quote]

A sport should be defined by physical exertion. Driving isn't exactly exhausting. I drive to work every day - guess that makes me an athlete, huh? Actually I'm more of an athlete than the NASCAR drivers, I make right and left turns.

Now, by football, do you mean REAL football, or just the American variety?

Seriously, I can't vote for any of them. Soccer is the only sport for me.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Nascar should probably be an option seeing as how it usually has a larger viewing audience than hokcey and baseball (with the exception of the playoffs). And to claim it's not a sport is absurd.[/quote]

A sport should be defined by physical exertion. Driving isn't exactly exhausting. I drive to work every day - guess that makes me an athlete, huh?[/quote]

Obviously you don't know anything about NASCAR. First of all, that's your own personal definition of a sport. Secondly, Nascar drivers sweat off something like 5 lbs. during a typical race. It's hard to control a vehicle at those speeds.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Nascar should probably be an option seeing as how it usually has a larger viewing audience than hokcey and baseball (with the exception of the playoffs). And to claim it's not a sport is absurd.[/quote]

A sport should be defined by physical exertion. Driving isn't exactly exhausting. I drive to work every day - guess that makes me an athlete, huh? Actually I'm more of an athlete than the NASCAR drivers, I make right and left turns.[/quote]

You just demonstrated that you know jack about NASCAR and sports in general. I guess we throw skill requirements out the window and then my jogging for 30 mins in the morning is a "sport". There's a boatload of ways to define what a sport is, but even if a sport is defined by physical exertion, then NASCAR would be considered much more of a sport than baseball, golf, etc.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Nascar should probably be an option seeing as how it usually has a larger viewing audience than hokcey and baseball (with the exception of the playoffs). And to claim it's not a sport is absurd.[/quote]

A sport should be defined by physical exertion. Driving isn't exactly exhausting. I drive to work every day - guess that makes me an athlete, huh? Actually I'm more of an athlete than the NASCAR drivers, I make right and left turns.[/quote]

You just demonstrated that you know jack about NASCAR and sports in general. I guess we throw skill requirements out the window and then my jogging for 30 mins in the morning is a "sport". There's a boatload of ways to define what a sport is, but even if a sport is defined by physical exertion, then NASCAR would be considered much more of a sport than baseball, golf, etc.[/quote]

"defined by physical exertion"...

Wouldn't that mean sexual intercourse is a sport?

[quote name='MorPhiend']Obviously you don't know anything about NASCAR. First of all, that's your own personal definition of a sport. Secondly, Nascar drivers sweat off something like 5 lbs. during a typical race. It's hard to control a vehicle at those speeds.[/quote]

So your definition of a sport is how much a guy sweats? What if a guy is playing checkers and gets really sweaty? Does that suddenly make checkers a sport?

You just demonstrated that you know jack about NASCAR and sports in general. I guess we throw skill requirements out the window and then my jogging for 30 mins in the morning is a "sport". There's a boatload of ways to define what a sport is, but even if a sport is defined by physical exertion, then NASCAR would be considered much more of a sport than baseball, golf, etc.

No, jogging by yourself isn't a sport. Besides physical exertion you also need to be competing to make it a sport. But not all competitive things are sports. I can compete against you to see who could sit on a couch the longest - doesn't make it a sport.

There aren't a boatload of ways to define what a "sport" is. There's only one way to define it - and that gets manipulated by inbred hick Nascar fans so they can try to trick people into thinking driving around in a circle is a sport.

I basically watch the playoffs (or near playoffs) the seasonsjust seem to be soooooo loooonnnng, especially Basketball and , once upon a time, hockey. There is just so much to watch that I just can't follow one sport start to finish. Add local college sports and High School sports there is just so much to watch.

[quote name='Moxio']"defined by physical exertion"...

Wouldn't that mean sexual intercourse is a sport?[/quote]

If you had another couple you were competing against for some sort of prize or championship, then yes. But just having sex in itself isn't a sport.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Moxio']"defined by physical exertion"...

Wouldn't that mean sexual intercourse is a sport?[/quote]

If you had another couple you were competing against for some sort of prize or championship, then yes. But just having sex in itself isn't a sport.[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='MorPhiend']Obviously you don't know anything about NASCAR. First of all, that's your own personal definition of a sport. Secondly, Nascar drivers sweat off something like 5 lbs. during a typical race. It's hard to control a vehicle at those speeds.[/quote]

So your definition of a sport is how much a guy sweats? What if a guy is playing checkers and gets really sweaty? Does that suddenly make checkers a sport?

No, jogging by yourself isn't a sport. Besides physical exertion you also need to be competing to make it a sport. But not all competitive things are sports. I can compete against you to see who could sit on a couch the longest - doesn't make it a sport.

There aren't a boatload of ways to define what a "sport" is. There's only one way to define it - and that gets manipulated by inbred hick Nascar fans so they can try to trick people into thinking driving around in a circle is a sport.[/quote]

You are a very intelligent human being as we can all see. Especially as you missed my qualifier. I didn't say that sweating is a sport. I said that it takes a lot of strength/exertion, whatever to control a vehicle at those speeds. You apparently have never done anything really exerting or else you would know how "seemingly" immobile activities (i.e. stock car racing) can actually take the strength of your whole body in order to participate in and control safely.

When i was little my favorite sport was hockey, because it was when the Penguins were good and when the mighty duck movies were out
Now it is football

[quote name='MorPhiend']You are a very intelligent human being as we can all see. Especially as you missed my qualifier. I didn't say that sweating is a sport. I said that it takes a lot of strength/exertion, whatever to control a vehicle at those speeds. You apparently have never done anything really exerting or else you would know how "seemingly" immobile activities (i.e. stock car racing) can actually take the strength of your whole body in order to participate in and control safely.[/quote]

At any speedway during their down time you can go out for $200 or so and learn to drive a stock car. I have seen old women, fat guys, and 18 year old scrawny kids push these cars well past 150 MPH. Not only that, because of the banking you do not have to turn the wheel all that much - just hold it tightly. So for you to say it takes a lot of strength is just wrong.

Nascar drivers sweat a lot because they're wearing full body suits and helmets. I tell you what, next time you drive down the street you wear a helmet and full body suit. I bet you'll sweat quite a bit too.

1. Football
1a. Basketball
1b. Baseball
1c. Hockey

They're almost too close to call, but I'd be able to order them like this. The drafts push 1 and 1a past the others as they give me links between their college versions and their pro versions.

I've been here from England for four and a half years. The only ones I can even tolerate are baseball and ice hockey. The other two do nothing for me at all.

Thankfully I've got Fox Sports World, so I can watch my English Premier League Football (PROPER football! :p ), and other leagues too. Nothing comes remotely close as far as I'm concerned.

Out of those four? Umm... Minature Golf.

Seriously, though, I guess football, even though the only game I ever watch is the Super Bowl.

bread's done
Back