Which PS3 SKU do you own

2 of the 60 GB ...but im liking the white and gun metal grey ones ...hope they come to the US market

Early adopters? Or they were really worried about the PS2 emulation.

I have an 80 GB but I'm starting to get worried about that too. I don't think Sony cares anymore to update it. Shit...

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I got me a 60GB as soon as Sony mentioned the removal of the EE chip for BC. BC is very important to me, which is why I bought right then and there. :)[/quote]
Ditto. Upscaling BC was the biggest selling point for me.

[quote name='Hostile']Early adopters? Or they were really worried about the PS2 emulation.[/quote]

That second statement definitely describes me. I had ZERO interest in the PS3, except possibly as a Blu-Ray player (though I would have preferred a standalone), until the 40GB was announced. As soon as they did that, it was clear that BC was an endangered species, and I snapped up a 60GB to prevent (non-)buyer's remorse.

If the 40GB hadn't been released, I probably wouldn't own a PS3 right now. Kind of paradoxical, I know. :)

60GB since a month after launch for me. I bought it for the BC but like doubledown I would consider selling it if I could get a premium for it since I've barely used that feature.

EDIT: Hmmm, after reading some of these posts maybe I should go in and see about deleting some of the hardware installs from old games I don't play anymore. I thought 60GB would be tons of room but I've already filled almost half of it!

[quote name='geko29']That second statement definitely describes me. I had ZERO interest in the PS3, except possibly as a Blu-Ray player (though I would have preferred a standalone), until the 40GB was announced. As soon as they did that, it was clear that BC was an endangered species, and I snapped up a 60GB to prevent (non-)buyer's remorse.

If the 40GB hadn't been released, I probably wouldn't own a PS3 right now. Kind of paradoxical, I know. :)[/QUOTE]I was buying a PS3 regardless to anything (I bought before any talk of yanking BC out was announced). I knew what the PS3 came with was a good deal and I was buying it.

To an extent, I'd be fine with a 40GB since I rarely use my BC. PS2 games still look too ugly on my HDTV even with upscaling (I just stick to playing PS2 games on my PS2, on an SDTV, if I feel like playing a PS2 game).

[quote name='aznguyen316']I think there are "more" 60's because those are the users that want to come here to vote, you know to show they have the superior ps3. That's my opinion. It's a selective poll.[/quote]

I think there are more 60s because many CAGs saw the value in having BC and had sizeable PS2 collections.

For me, the ability to have one machine that does it all [more or less] is worth a little more expense because I don't have that much space for machines.

[quote name='Hostile']Early adopters? Or they were really worried about the PS2 emulation.

I have an 80 GB but I'm starting to get worried about that too. I don't think Sony cares anymore to update it. Shit...[/quote]

what do you mean about updating it? I understand it's software BC.. are you looking at future titles for PS2 or are you worried about getting older games that don't work well now to functioning w/o issues? all the games I care for now on PS2 work on my 80gb, which isn't a lot, but fine with me.

[quote name='aznguyen316']what do you mean about updating it? I understand it's software BC.. are you looking at future titles for PS2 or are you worried about getting older games that don't work well now to functioning w/o issues? all the games I care for now on PS2 work on my 80gb, which isn't a lot, but fine with me.[/QUOTE]Well, there are updates at times to fix PS2 BC of games (whether it's the 80GB or 20GB/60GB). All fixes are stealth since Sony won't tell you they made fixes, gotta find it on their official site (since it says what firmware fixed what). We use to get updates every month, but it slowed down since many complained about too many updates.

got a 60 since I never owned a ps2 really. Luckily a store had a launch 60 in Baltimore so I snatched it up. Enjoying the BC.

[quote name='Hostile']Early adopters? Or they were really worried about the PS2 emulation.

I have an 80 GB but I'm starting to get worried about that too. I don't think Sony cares anymore to update it. Shit...[/quote]

I bought mine in October of last year because I wanted BC

[quote name='DAWG26']Is it possible that Sony could release an update to allow BC on the 40 gb?[/quote]
Yes, anything is possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I have an 80 GB but I'm starting to get worried about that too. I don't think Sony cares anymore to update it. Shit...[/QUOTE]

I purchased mine late Feb/early March on a whim since I saw it lying there in Best Buy. I think it's also when rumors of the EE removal was going around so that played a role in my decision making process.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']DMC4 has a ~5GB install. Hot Shots Golf: OoB has a ~4GB install. Heavenly Sword has a ~2GB install. Add games with optional installs, some demos ranging from 400MB-1.7GB, some patches are big, PSN games (ranging from 50MB to 800MB), and other things and you'll quickly fill it. I have 165GB of free space on my 250GB.[/quote]
Oblivion: GotY has a 5GB install too.

[quote name='mguiddy']Yes, anything is possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.[/QUOTE]Very good chance they will (due to looking for people to do emulation), but it will not be until the emulator is finished and/or when you can no longer find PS2 consoles.

I got a 60 since July. Got it the first day of the price drop. I need wireless to play at home, so the 20 wasn't an option. I wanted the best bc because I didn't want to have to lug my ps2 off to college with me either.

I got a 60 GB for $400. I decided when more and more games for the PS3 were coming out that I wanted one, if I could get one for the price I paid for my 360 I would get it. Well if I had the money at the time. Luckily when the price drop happened and Meijer had a 20% off sale was on I had the monies. I wanted full BC and I wanted wireless. I am glad I got the 60 GB because I have actually utilized my media card reader. Now I need to upgrade my tiny 60 GB for at least a 250 GB HDD.

got the 60gb after making massive credit @ Blockbusters/Gamerush around the holidays. im happy to have the BC in case i want to play some of my old Ps2 games. and seeing how i really didnt spend that much trading games(120) to get it im happy.

Interesting to me that the 80gb and 40gb are just about neck and neck. My guess as to why the 60gb is winning is due to the fact it was in production the longest, along with the first price drop to $500 combined with the removal of the EE BC.

[quote name='Maklershed']Does the 20gb model have any advantage over the 60gb model? Just curious.[/quote]
No.The 60gb has wifi,a card reader and chrome.The 20gb does not.

[quote name='Maklershed']Does the 20gb model have any advantage over the 60gb model? Just curious.[/quote]

It's 100% black, so it looks better in a large stack of AV components. That's about it.

bread's done
Back