Which TV services do CAGs have?

"Standard Cable" from Comcast, with cable internet. They are bending me over a barrel with their prices though, I pay almost $90 a month after taxes and fees.

[quote name='dnt_h8me2']Time Warner Digital Cable/Roadrunner Package.[/quote]

Me too...with the DVR (fake Tivo) option.

Free cable! - Not stolen cable, it was part of a package with our cable modem. When my roommate called to order the cable company kept offering better and better deals until my roommate told them that there is no way we would pay for cable they gave us the best deal, sign a one year contract on the cable modem and get basic cable for a year for free!

DirectTV. Got pissed at the cable company for raising prices every few months. Plus you don't get all kinds of taxes along with your monthly bill.

If you use Tivo with them the monthly charge is only $5 a month, rather than the $12 you'd pay otherwise (I think thats the right amount, I might be wrong there).

[quote name='dafoomie']"Standard Cable" from Comcast, with cable internet. They are bending me over a barrel with their prices though, I pay almost $90 a month after taxes and fees.[/quote]

Same, and apparently their rates are supposed to go up again.

I'm not sure why I'm paying for a service that's capped at 30kb/s upload and 200kb/s download. There's really no other option around here.

[quote name='killswitch64']Cox cable for now but hopefully will change to Directv soon.[/quote]

Cox has the fastest cable internet access I have ever seen.

I'm not sure why I'm paying for a service that's capped at 30kb/s upload and 200kb/s download. There's really no other option around here.
Its actually 30k up and 384k down, at least in most areas.

I can't get DSL because Bell Atlantic blacklisted me, and it carried over when Verizon bought them. Need broadband just to have a phone line. And people say a monopoly isn't bad for consumers? On both the cable/phone front.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Its actually 30k up and 384k down, at least in most areas.

I can't get DSL because Bell Atlantic blacklisted me, and it carried over when Verizon bought them. Need broadband just to have a phone line. And people say a monopoly isn't bad for consumers? On both the cable/phone front.[/quote]

How did you get blacklisted?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='dafoomie']"Standard Cable" from Comcast, with cable internet. They are bending me over a barrel with their prices though, I pay almost $90 a month after taxes and fees.[/quote]

Same, and apparently their rates are supposed to go up again.

I'm not sure why I'm paying for a service that's capped at 30kb/s upload and 200kb/s download. There's really no other option around here.[/quote]

I had been getting speeds of up to 400 down and I heard it was doubled recently (a short while ago). This is semi-confirmed as I was getting 500 down the other day.

THe up cap sucks, though.

How did you get blacklisted?
I used a lot of long distance, but I kept track of the minutes and rate. The place I was calling cost about 8-12 cents a minute. The bill showed $1.20-$4.75 per minute, ended up being several thousand dollars. I tried to dispute the bill, and they refused to give me service until I paid the full amount. Verizon bought them and they won't even talk to me unless I pay the full amount up front.

I had been getting speeds of up to 400 down and I heard it was doubled recently (a short while ago). This is semi-confirmed as I was getting 500 down the other day.
I did see one of my downloads going over 400k/sec, but I thought the speed counter was wrong. Maybe it is faster now.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Sorry to hear that dafoomie.
This was years ago so I'm used to it now... I'll either find a way around the system or wait until 7 years have passed. Its probably been at least 4 or 5.[/quote]

The Sprint DSL in our area sucks hardcore. It has a tendancy to work when ti feels like it (not a personal experience - my buddies all use Sprint DSL) and often takes days off when it's feeling a little wild.

I'd have to have that service instead of my Comcast x-p.

Time Warner cable; digital cable with OnDemand and all 4 premium packaces, plus Starz package, the HDSuite and their associated ondemands, and the HD DVR box; combined with Road Runner. Bill is currently just over 100 bucks a month, but I was on a 'satellite buyback' pricing program, which ends in Nov, and my bill [if I keep the same stuff, which I won't] would go up to probably 160 bucks [if I'm reading their price structures right, which is a challenge to do.]

The Sprint DSL in our area sucks hardcore. It has a tendancy to work when ti feels like it (not a personal experience - my buddies all use Sprint DSL) and often takes days off when it's feeling a little wild.

I'd have to have that service instead of my Comcast x-p.
Thats one thing I'll give Comcast, at least in my area, my service has been great. Always works and never slow or anything.

I also have Comcast Digital with HD box and Comcast HS Internet.

Although, I too am getting bent over with the $100/month price for both.

Luckily I only need ONE cable box....I could use others for my other TV's, but they would charge $5-10 more a month....BANG

i got dishnetwork...always had problems with direct tv like them charging me for movies i never ordered. (ie 300 dollars worth) Never had a problem with dish.

right now comcast gold package (full basic + limited digital + 2 movie channels) with the DVR box I think we are one of the very few that even have one of these COMCAST DVR boxes and they rock.... + hi speed... BUt comcast is running right now

FULL CABLE + HBO for 29.99 a month for new customers. Im going to wait till firday and try to get that if not im going back to normal tv.. 60 a month for cable is too freaking high

My cousin cant wait for the Video on demand hits but i ask him why with the DVR you can make your own VOD

[quote name='dafoomie']"Standard Cable" from Comcast, with cable internet. They are bending me over a barrel with their prices though, I pay almost $90 a month after taxes and fees.[/quote]

90 bucks? sheesh i have their cable internet for 50 which obviously has standard cable since it channels through the same line

bread's done
Back