Which version of Halo 3 do you plan to buy?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Which version of Halo 3 do you plan to buy ...

Standard Edition - $59.99

Include Halo 3 game disk

Collector's Edition - $69.99

The Limited Edition will also include a bounty of extras. Within a sleek metal collector's case, gamers will also receive the first bonus disk found in the Legendary Edition, as well as a special "Halo" fiction and art book. A must-have for "Halo" collectors and a source of invaluable and exclusive information, the piece is an elaborate and compelling guide to the species and factions that inhabit the worlds of the "Halo" universe, with never-before-seen art and story that expand and illustrate the depth and breadth of the "Halo" fiction.

Legendary Edition - $129.99

The Legendary Edition will be released in limited quantities and arrive in a highly collectible Spartan helmet case that no hardcore "Halo" fan should be without, along with two bonus disks full of supplemental content. The first disk will provide exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage and videos, including a high-definition "Making of 'Halo 3'" documentary showcasing the Bungie team and its effort to create the most anticipated title in the industry's history; numerous high-definition featurettes documenting the creative design processes involved in developing the game; and even a look at some early game concepts and their evolution through the game's development. The disk will also include an audio-visual calibration tool, never before seen on a video game and custom designed by the "Halo 3" graphics and audio team to make the most of fans' high-definition home theaters, for the ultimate "Halo 3" and Xbox 360™ audio and video performance.

The second bonus disk, an exclusive to the Legendary Edition, will include completely remastered cinematic material from "Halo: Combat Evolved" and "Halo 2," supplemented with developer commentaries, to provide a refresher course on the thrilling "Halo" story so far, and a featurette documenting a day in the life at Bungie. Exclusive content from the creative minds behind Machinima artists "Red vs. Blue" and "This Spartan Life" will also be included.

Finally, fans who purchase the Legendary Edition will receive an illuminating collection of original "Halo 3" storyboard art from artist Lee Wilson, depicting key moments and pivotal scenes from the epic cinematic production of "Halo."

im gonna go with the colectors edition. If there is one game to spend 70$ on, IMO its halo. the case looks cool, and i wanna use the A\V calibration tool.
maybe if the helmet was wearable, id get legendary :drool:
im also gonna wait for a good deal to come out on a preorder..if nothing come september, than ill just do the BB offer and pick up in store (im not waiting 3 days for it to be shipped)

Collectors if I have the money, I'm definately not getting the legendary edition. I would if it was a life-sized helmet :).

I'm going for the Legendary edition if I can find it (without a preorder). I know that if I buy a lesser edition I will end up regretting it like I did with Halo 2. Also, I want to see if the helmet fits on my dog...

Im getting standard. I bought Halo 2 collectors and never even popped in the disc with the xtras. I too would get the legendary if the helmet fit or if I had a dog. Just to let you know CC has a 4' Chief wall skin for free with pre-order of Halo 3

I probably going with standard. I really hate the Gears' collectors edition. It such a pain in the ass to get into the case. I don't think I've even taken the extra disc out. Save myself someone money by getting the standard version.

[quote name='Dante Devil']I probably going with standard. I really hate the Gears' collectors edition. It such a pain in the ass to get into the case. I don't think I've even taken the extra disc out. Save myself someone money by getting the standard version.[/quote]

Yeah it's a pain to get into, what I did was take my Best Buy preorder case and put the game in there.

Oh, I have te legendary edition preordered.

From the pic, the collector's edition is using the same, fatter, metal case as the GoW LE and not the LE Halo 2 packaging right? I preferred the latter. Also, in the Legendary Edition will have the game in the regular case inside right?

My friends got me the Halo 2 CE for Christmas a few years back. Aside from the awesome case it comes in, it's pretty useless to me, as I've never even taken the second disc out. Standard edition is fine with me.

when H2 came out I got the CE for $10 less than the SE, on launch day without line/pre-order simply by going to a small indie shop to get it. If I can pull the same move, I'll get the CE again, but if the SE and CE are the same price I'll prob go for the SE because the new metal case bs is garbage and i dont care about the extra disk bs (av calibration tool? my ass!) .... but if the CE's case is comparable to H2CE's case (which is probably the nicest disc case ever) then i may think twice.

If the CE or LE had some game content (ex: maps) exclusive to them, I would get one of them. But since all the extras aren't required I will be purchasing the standard version.

If it turns out to be that shitty tin like Gears of War, I'll get the standard. If it's more like Halo 2's case, I'll get the Limited.

Already preordered the $80 "Collector's Edition" with the bestbuy.com $4.99/1600 Marketplace Points deal. I thank Bungie and Microsoft for eliminating any lingering temptation I had to splurge for the "Cat Helmet" edition when its final pricepoint was announced. I might end up spending $130 on this game, but it'll be getting me $50 in DLC, buh-leeeeve dat.

I pre-ordered the standard edition...and only spent 35$ CDN :D

I wouldn't call spending 70$ CDN + tax cheap...if I had to pay that I wouldn't even get it at release lol

Legendary for sure, might even get the Collectors, if I can flip the extra game disc and get in on the Lions Game trade-ins deal. I could possibly get both games and Blue Dragon for under $100!

I pre-ordered the Legendary edition @ amazon. I'm not even quite sure myself why... perhaps I feel like i'll probably just end up canceling it last minute. Maybe it was an excuse to justify my Amazon prime and no tax...

All I know is that there is no fucking need for me to buy it... but I did.... and in the end the Helmet will collect dust... i'll feel like a tard.... and it'll just add more shit to pack whenever I move..

Probably in for the collectors version, unless it looks/stores as horribly as the Gears case. If it's as bad as that fugly Prey case, standard for sure. I do want to watch the behind the scenes/making of stuff.

The legendary version is just unsightly and overpriced. I'll watch the commentary cinematics on youtube or something.

[quote name='jer7583']The legendary version is just unsightly and overpriced. I'll watch the commentary cinematics on youtube or something.[/QUOTE]

So true D: Maybe in my head I can justify buying it by ripping people off by selling face-plates on ebay :D

If there were anymore deals with GameRush, then of course, I'd get the Legendary Edition; but, being a true CAG, I'll get it for forty something ninety nine when it releases and is on sale at Fry's. I can always burn the extra stuff like the DVD or even watch it online, etc.

Standard Edition

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What problems do people have with the Gears tin? I liked it.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't fit in my DVD tower.

Standard Edition. I would like to watch the cinematics since I haven't played Halo 1 or Halo 2, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $70 extra for that....that's insane. Things like figurines or whatever are junk as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What problems do people have with the Gears tin? I liked it.[/QUOTE]

It was a pain in the ass to get the disc in and out.

Preordered Legendary Edition at CircuitCity.com when it was still $99 :D

Can't wait to get my hands on this:

123726978420070520174916.jpg

159522436220070520174917.jpg

185867274220070520174908.jpg

http://www.overpal.com/showthread.php?t=1962

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but what happened to Microsoft charging only $50 on EVERY first party title? No game gets any more first party than Halo does for Microsoft.

Either way, standard for me.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but what happened to Microsoft charging only $50 on EVERY first party title? No game gets any more first party than Halo does for Microsoft.

Either way, standard for me.[/quote]
The pricing model changed along with Gears of War.

There is a big commotion with Shadowrun retailing for $60, even though the game is extremely limited.

[quote name='TC']Does the Collector's Edition have a regular game case inside of it? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

bread's done
Back