Which Xbox 360 Controller (New d-pad)?

TurboPascal

CAGiversary!
One of my controllers bit the dust.

I want to pick up a new controller but I want one with the new style d-pad.

How in the heck do I tell if what I am purchasing has the new d-pad?

Amazon and others have no description one way or the other and I don't want the older style one.

Most say on front of package. See the gears 3 controller and mw3 controller. Both have the new d pad. I think the regular 'new' one is the grey looking one. With greay and black buttons. Should show up in the features or something

the new controllers w/the new d-pad usually are chromed out so it's easy to spot. (the d pad + being chrome)

[quote name='GUNNM']Get the silver controller the d-pad on the GOW controller sucks[/QUOTE]

How so? I have one and there isn't anything wrong with mine.

[quote name='eliter1']How so? I have one and there isn't anything wrong with mine.[/QUOTE]
There's more of a rubberized centered in rubber grip on the Silver one. The Modern Warfare 3 controller has it too, but don't know why the Gears one didn't. It is a great difference when playing and thumbs feel like they may slip, but it's not world changing.

Ok, from what I can gather

The silver one, the Gears Of War one and the MW3 one all have the new d-pad, sadly, the black ones do not.

I will wait for tomorrow to see what deals Amazon has on accessories as it show on their website, otherwise NewEgg has the MW3 for $5 more than Amazon Silver one.

[quote name='eliter1']How so? I have one and there isn't anything wrong with mine.[/QUOTE]
Try playing SF with either dpad with the silver its perfect but with the GOW controller it doesn't recognize up right,up down, down left, down right without you forcibly pushing all the way down and it wasn't just one controller I tried both with the same results

Ok, picked up the MW3 controller over at overstock.com $49.22 which is less than a dollar from the regular silver controller that Amazon sells and 10% than amazon.com in general. Plus, sign up for the club membership (which you can cancel) and get free shipping too

Thought I would let others know

bread's done
Back