White Knight Chronicles - $19.99 - GameFly

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is the game any good?[/QUOTE]

The single player is very easy, the story is boring and I found the characters unlikeable. Also kind in mind that this is the first in a proposed trilogy. The online mode is interesting but it is a grindfest.

For it being a $20 game you could do worse but you could also do alot better.

[quote name='yarkitty123']You know it's a good deal when the trade-in value is more than the actual price.[/QUOTE]

Hah! I just noticed that.. but you have to figure in taxes so you're actually still paying more than the Trade-in!

The shipping and handing plus the tax is what ruins this deal, for one the game isn't really that good more of an average RPG.

[quote name='yarkitty123']You know it's a good deal when the trade-in value is more than the actual price.[/QUOTE]

If anyone buys it and doesn't like it, they can Goozex it for 1k.

[quote name='RolePlayer']If anyone buys it and doesn't like it, they can Goozex it for 1k.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! That's $50 in trade!

Guess it's worthwhile for me since I'm a GF member, not to mention I just got my 3 month $5 cert... Was only $16 shipped for me :)

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']man i wanna bite, but its only free shipping if youre a gamefly renter correct?[/QUOTE]

Even if you have to pay for shipping its not more than a couple bucks. Last time I got something from them shipping was 2.30 which is just basically like paying tax. They have cheap shipping and they usually ship very quick (for me atleast) and all their stuff used is in pristine condition.

Picked it up, was waiting for the $20 pricepoint, but as a long-time subscriber I get the 10% off and I had a $5 coupon. Even at mediocre can't pass this up at $13.64 shipped. Thanks OP!

picked this up last week, it's not nearly as bad as the reviews made it sound. I'm about 18 hours deep into it, probably 5 or so of the hours doing online quests.

it's probably one of the most unoriginal and uninspired games at first glance, but it's holding my interest enough to keep playing, if they had better writing for the sequel, it'd be way better off. it's still worth the purchase though with the amount of playability you'll find online.

Got it for $15.89 shipped, there was a random $5 off coupon in the existing coupons area at checkout. i've only been a member for a month so that surprised me, been wanting this game and couldn't pass up this price.

I just signed up for 1 month to get free shipping, it cost me about the same as the shipping as I bought 3 of each title to flip to ez

[quote name='ritchardf']are these games complete?[/QUOTE]

Yep, games purchased from GameFly are complete with game, manual, and case. It's a good price but the game was pretty disappointing at least for me.

FYI, I wouldn't buy this (aside from it being bad) since the sequel will include a free copy. Since I hear the game ends on a cliffhanger, there's no point buying it now if you've held off this long.

For those of you planning on trading it back to GF keep in mind you have to pay shipping to them. I did it once and the shipping cost ended up making my trade worth roughly the same as it would if I traded to GS. I also don't like that credit can only be applied to monthly membership fees and not for game purchases.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, I wouldn't buy this (aside from it being bad) since the sequel will include a free copy. Since I hear the game ends on a cliffhanger, there's no point buying it now if you've held off this long.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Did it flop really bad? I don't see why they would just include the first one at no extra cost.

This game is meh. Single player is pretty bad and is 10-20 hours. Most of the trophies are online and require just massive amounts of grinding.

Game does end in a cliffhanger alluding to a sequel.

[quote name='Svengoolie']Seriously? Did it flop really bad? I don't see why they would just include the first one at no extra cost.[/QUOTE]
It's been out three months and it's $20 on GF. How well do YOU think it did?

But seriously, it was leaked in a retail listing for Japan. No idea why they'd include it other than to boost sales for a failing IP.

So I buy 3 of these. Trade 2 in. Get one free. Is it worth it free or should I wait for the 2nd one which included an updated 1 for free. I know I shouldn't get this for trophies cuz they said it takes forever... I think im gonna sit this one out. IGN Review cut - "White Knight Chronicles is a disappointment. Besides the unimpressive visuals and poorly-told story, the game suffers from a flawed battle system and inconsistent gameplay rules." yeah im gonna skip this.

bread's done
Back