Who cares about the iPhone, the new OTT has just been released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']Comic Book Men.

I'd like to see a buying/selling reality show about collectibles, but it's just another scripted piece of shit.

Also, someone should tell Kevin Smith that baggy clothes don't make fat guys look skinny. It just makes them look like fat toddlers.[/QUOTE]

That's the name of my band. Check us out on myspace.

[quote name='2DMention']Just got an offer from Sears. It'll be so nice to be working again. Let's hope they put me in electronics. They'll probably put me in tools.[/QUOTE]

At least if they do you'll be amongst friends.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']At least if they do you'll be amongst friends.[/QUOTE]

At least he is working. I can't hate on him for working or on his job hunt since he hasn't been talking about it all that much. Even JStyrke hasn't been talking about his job. The constant shitty job talk was getting old.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']At least he is working. I can't hate on him for working or on his job hunt since he hasn't been talking about it all that much. Even JStyrke hasn't been talking about his job. The constant shitty job talk was getting old.[/QUOTE]

It still sucks. I just figure I'm probably stuck here for the foreseeable future so no use in complaining about it.

Although in a sense, it's not so much the job as it is the situation that I'm in.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It just makes absolutely no sense.

Bought a galaxy s 3 today. fucking Verizon not getting the 920 made me just say fuck it and buy it. Got one for 475 off ebay since I didn't want to lose my unlimited.[/QUOTE]
Just bought one today myself. Tho on Sprint. Had Best Buy PM Tiger Direct and got a 16gb for $100. Tho my VZW contract isn't up until next Fri, I just said fuck it and opened up the Sprint account. Just gonna take in my GS3 next Sat and have them port the number over. fucking VZW wanted $125 for the early termination...even though there was only a week left on it. Another reason VZW can go fuck themselves

[quote name='Number83']Bite your tongue...you CAN'T win.[/QUOTE]

Trying to consider it a compromise. She picks the venue, I pick the movie. Either way no one's 100% thrilled, though. But at least we get away from the kids for a few hours.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']At least he is working. I can't hate on him for working or on his job hunt since he hasn't been talking about it all that much. Even JStyrke hasn't been talking about his job. The constant shitty job talk was getting old.[/QUOTE]

I spent tonight doing two antibody workups. Ran out of time to do the type and crossmatchs for the heart surgery tomorrow. left it for the night shift who got upset.
(this kinda job talk okay? who else will listen?)

Mass effect suicide mission time!

[quote name='2DMention']Just got an offer from Sears. It'll be so nice to be working again. Let's hope they put me in electronics. They'll probably put me in tools.[/QUOTE]

Congratz! Hired for the holidays, or for the forseeable future?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It just makes absolutely no sense.

Bought a galaxy s 3 today. fucking Verizon not getting the 920 made me just say fuck it and buy it. Got one for 475 off ebay since I didn't want to lose my unlimited.[/QUOTE]

I'm still holding out for the 920. I read on cNet that goes on Pre-Sale at AT&T next Friday...:whee: This is the biggest thing for me in regards to a cell phone since I cut the cord on my cigarette lighter car phone!!!

[quote name='Brak']Comic Book Men.

I'd like to see a buying/selling reality show about collectibles, but it's just another scripted piece of shit.

Also, someone should tell Kevin Smith that baggy clothes don't make fat guys look skinny. It just makes them look like fat toddlers.[/QUOTE]

There's a show on one of those channels (TLC, A&E, etc. I forget) that the guy goes to peoples houses and checks out thier collections and gives them values. The other day he was checking out someones Transformers collection.

[quote name='Maklershed']That's the name of my band. Check us out on myspace.[/QUOTE]

I think I saw you guys at Shady Maple one time!

[quote name='eldergamer']...Left it for the night shift who got upset.
(this kinda job talk okay? who else will listen?)

[/QUOTE]

The development team in India does this to me all the time :bomb:

The only reason I left work for the night shift was because they've shifted my hours to make me come in earlier to help out day shift. (Who never seems to need my help when I get there).
It's not like she had anything else to do. She just wanted to gossip and play on her phone instead.

finished Mass Effect 2 last night. Now to get back to Beyond Good and Evil and Infamous 2. Will move on to Red Dead Revolver next. that's been on my shelf for over 6 months now.

Man, Amazon just ripped me off.

I traded in my old 3DS. Like new was $70. Good condition was $60. My 3DS was like new, with dock and sd card and power supply. It had all the instructions including unopened AR cards and everything. The only thing I did not have was the box.

They gave me $20 bucks. Called it "acceptable." Bastards. I ain't trading anything into them again.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Man, Amazon just ripped me off.

I traded in my old 3DS. Like new was $70. Good condition was $60. My 3DS was like new, with dock and sd card and power supply. It had all the instructions including unopened AR cards and everything. The only thing I did not have was the box.

They gave me $20 bucks. Called it "acceptable." Bastards. I ain't trading anything into them again.[/QUOTE]

Bitch to Amazon customer service. They'll most likely give you a "one time credit".

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Can you reject the trade after the fact? I mean they can't just dock you fifty and not give you any recourse, right?[/QUOTE]

I know there's an option when you initially trade in for then to send it back if they don't agree on the condition.

[quote name='munch']I know there's an option when you initially trade in for then to send it back if they don't agree on the condition.[/QUOTE]

This sounds right. I've never had any problems with Amazon trade-in, aside from the slow speed it takes for them to get and process things. (Takes about a week for me.)

It's actually being done by a third party, not Amazon themselves. My trade-ins always get sent UPS ground to NJ, if I remember.

Amazon seems to do that everyone once in a while. They say things are missing that weren't or say it is in worse condition then it actually is. Not a common problem (at Amazon) but it happens when you're trading stuff in and rely on another person's opinion to decide how much money you get.

Started playing LA Noire. I don't understand how it was a more popular game than Max Payne 3. It really sucks that there probably won't be a MP4.

Really? That blows, Max Payne 3 was surprisingly good. I didn't think Rockstar would be able to match Remedy's old style (plus I dislike a lot of what Rockstar does) but the game was fantastic.

[quote name='Maklershed']Got a bunch of Christmas presents today and even wrapped them. Hoping to have it all done by the time December rolls around.[/QUOTE]

I started working on Christmas stuff as well. Got my nephew some wii games from sears.

I'd like to start on Christmas, but since my dad keeps asking me for money, I see myself spending very little per person this year. That's if I can afford it at all.

I'll try Max Payne 3 when it gets down to $15 or less.

Only XMas shopping I've done so far is a few Thomas trains for the kids when they were buy 1 get 1. I'll probably do most of it a week or two before christmas or whenver my mom comes to visit and I take time off.

Saw Looper at the nice theater. With restaurant, loveseat sttyle seating, and specialty cocktails. ( I'll have the Liam's Irish Coffee, please!)

Pretty good movie although like most time travel movies, it starts to fall apart if you think about it too hard.

gaming related:
I like the different art style for Infamous 2, but don't like the increased difficulty and focus on melee as opposed to run and gun.

[quote name='eldergamer']Saw Looper at the nice theater. With restaurant, loveseat sttyle seating, and specialty cocktails. ( I'll have the Liam's Irish Coffee, please!)

Pretty good movie although like most time travel movies, it starts to fall apart if you think about it too hard.

gaming related:
I like the different art style for Infamous 2, but don't like the increased difficulty and focus on melee as opposed to run and gun.[/QUOTE]

Movie tavern?

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah Mak Pain was a blast from start to finish. Most intense gun fights I've played.[/QUOTE]

Why was he hurt? /lpkrakrabbitjake

[quote name='seanr1221']Movie tavern?[/QUOTE]

This is where we went:

movie_par_seat.jpg

21+ age requirement, beer & wine available, ultra luxurious seating, unique suite-level amenities, in-theater restaurant service available, Digital 7.1 Sound, super HD 30 foot screen with an additional 18 LED screens creating an immersive movie environment.

$18.50 a ticket, though. $9 burgers and sandwhiches, $7 cocktails.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']On Xbawx? The wife and I used to play it. It's a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Yais. 800 points for the game and 100 each for the dlc

[quote name='seanr1221']Didn't some of you guys want the Nokia 920? Preorders are on best buy. It's actually only 150.00.[/QUOTE]

:whee:

I don't see it. I see the HTC.

Feels like this is going to be a long week. Or at least a long day.
At least I can have Franken Berry for breakfast.

Breezing through Infamous 2. (on easy). Games need a setting between easy and normal.

[quote name='Number83']Loving X-Com: Enemy Unknown. Highly recommend the purchase![/QUOTE]

I keep meaning to get around to playing the demo but can never set aside the time, can't bring myself to neglect whatever I'm currently playing for "just a demo".

I loved x-com on the pc, oh so many years ago, even if I was never good at it. :roll:

I liked the demo of X-COM. Do want. I might pair X-COM with Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 at Best Buys B2G1, which while not perfect at all, at least gets me a $35 game for free. Better than buying a 3rd $35 game I don't even want. I need the pokemon games for my kids. 1 birthday. 1 for Xmas. I also have $25 in rewards certificates, so that helps.

Hey guys, I'm still selling my Criterions if you any of jabronis wants one:

Fanny and Alexander (One disc and might be missing insert)
Elevator to the Gallows
The Shop on Main Street
Vampyr
Mr. Arkadin
Sansho the Bailiff
Dazed and Confused
Hoop Dreams
Red Beard
Yi Yi
John Cassavetes (Five Films)
Night and Fog
Jules and Jim