Who cares about the iPhone, the new OTT has just been released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Number83']Jeez, you're older than I am...[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm using a little artistic license, because it sounded better. :) But in a few years anyway.

Thought 47 seemed a little old for here. Man, once I hit 40 in a few years it will be even more downhill than things already are.

If anyone in the OTT wants to sell me their TF2 items (if they're tradable) for PayPal ca$h, let me know.

I'll give you a cash offer.

[quote name='Brak']If anyone in the OTT wants to sell me their TF2 items (if they're tradable) for PayPal ca$h, let me know.

I'll give you a cash offer.[/QUOTE]

I'll sell you all of mine!

Finally, one day off. Now to do a shit load worth of laundry, and maybe get a haircut. Should try and visit red cross too. Am now possibly realizing a mistake at work nearly 15 hours later. Oh well, I'll get chewed out on it when I go back.

Got all team members recruited in ME 2 though.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Compared to listening to the same 10 random Celtic cds and 3 Flogging Molly cds. Joys of working in an Irish shop[/QUOTE]

I'll wait for you till I turn blue, there's nothing more that a man can do. Don't get your bollocks in a twist, settle down and take a fit. You drank with demons straight from hell, they almost nearly won as well. You wipe the floor with victory, then puked until you fell asleep! :beer:

[quote name='Brak']If anyone in the OTT wants to sell me their TF2 items (if they're tradable) for PayPal ca$h, let me know.

I'll give you a cash offer.[/QUOTE]

So you're that creepy kid that keeps Imming me every night wanting to buy my Milman, Cosa Nostra, and Bonk Boy.

They're not for sale! Stop stalking me!

The unemployment saga continues. I've gotten a shit ton of interviews lately but no offers. Expecting something from Sears today or tomorrow. It's better than nothing, and I get a Kmart discount.

Retail should really be picking up in the next few months, though.

Can't believe walking around to look at the Halloween lights and decorations a good two-three weeks Halloween is a thing.

[quote name='eldergamer']Retail should really be picking up in the next few months, though.

Can't believe walking around to look at the Halloween lights and decorations a good two-three weeks Halloween is a thing.[/QUOTE]

Retail is hiring right now for seasonal help, but there's no guarantee that they'd have a job come January.

[quote name='JStryke']Retail is hiring right now for seasonal help, but there's no guarantee that they'd have a job come January.[/QUOTE]

Actually a lot of places plan to keep a lot of seasonal workers around after its over. It was in the paper here like two weeks ago.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Actually a lot of places plan to keep a lot of seasonal workers around after its over. It was in the paper here like two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

That's comforting news.

The jist of the article was that seasonal workers this year are basically on a tryout to stick around for full time employment. Target and Toys R' US were two of the companies cited that planned to keep something close to 30 percent of seasonal hires. That is quite a bit when you plan on hiring something like 50-75 thousand workers.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The jist of the article was that seasonal workers this year are basically on a tryout to stick around for full time employment. Target and Toys R' US were two of the companies cited that planned to keep something close to 30 percent of seasonal hires. That is quite a bit when you plan on hiring something like 50-75 thousand workers.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was hired as a seasonal cashier at Target in October of last year and at the end of Dec or beginning of January, they let us know if they wanted us to stay on or let us go. Good news for our store was that they decided to keep like 95% of the seasonal workers.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hoooo leeeeeeeeeee shit .. there's gonna be an LA Noir tv series directed by Frank Darabont! Notable actors: Simon Pegg, Jon Bernthal, and Neal McDonough.[/QUOTE]

Simon Pegg doesn't seem to fit the role of what I imagine an LA Noir series would be like...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The jist of the article was that seasonal workers this year are basically on a tryout to stick around for full time employment. Target and Toys R' US were two of the companies cited that planned to keep something close to 30 percent of seasonal hires. That is quite a bit when you plan on hiring something like 50-75 thousand workers.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading something like that for Target at the very least. Obviously less people will be getting cut since there are less hires, but whether more people are going to be kept or not is probably on a store by store basis.

Every year sees some seasonal hires staying on, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if our store at least kept more people. I know we lost some people in the past month or two and haven't really replaced them (at the time). There's also the fact that god forbid anybody gets a respectable amount of hours.

It feels really odd to look at the preseason basketball rankings and see NC State number 6. We haven't been good at anything in a really long time, and flat out sucked when I went to school there (in football and basketball). Not really a big college sports fan, but it is nice to see the school do well in sports since it draws a lot of attention to the university.

Going on a dinner/movie date with the wife this weekend. (One of them fancy dinner/cinema combo places).

She's already bought tickets for Sinister. I'd much rather go see Looper. (Her words: Sci-fi crap) Anyone know how easy it is to exchange Fandago tickets at the theater? Or just bite my tongue and go see Sinister.

Early voting started here today and people were out in full force. After seeing the crowds today, I can understand the analysts saying early voting should eclipse last years totals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chase'] We have given the show a chance and have found a lot of enjoyment. There have been shows that blatantly try to be like "Lost." Revolution has that "Lost" feel, a solid cast, and is, thus far, very interesting. The storytelling has been quite good for an NBC show. Plus, Eric Kripke is the creator, and I have nothing but love for him. He is becoming the next Joss Whedon (and I love Joss).[/QUOTE]

That is, without doubt, one of the worst sentences I've ever read.

Just got an offer from Sears. It'll be so nice to be working again. Let's hope they put me in electronics. They'll probably put me in tools.

[quote name='munch']That is, without doubt, one of the worst sentences I've ever read.[/QUOTE]

It just makes absolutely no sense.

Bought a galaxy s 3 today. fucking Verizon not getting the 920 made me just say fuck it and buy it. Got one for 475 off ebay since I didn't want to lose my unlimited.

Comic Book Men.

I'd like to see a buying/selling reality show about collectibles, but it's just another scripted piece of shit.

Also, someone should tell Kevin Smith that baggy clothes don't make fat guys look skinny. It just makes them look like fat toddlers.

[quote name='Brak']Comic Book Men.

I'd like to see a buying/selling reality show about collectibles, but it's just another scripted piece of shit.

Also, someone should tell Kevin Smith that baggy clothes don't make fat guys look skinny. It just makes them look like fat toddlers.[/QUOTE]

At least he buys two seats when he flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back