who got a wii this sunday

Got in line 15 minutes before opening and was 35 out of 48 at Target in Carson, CA. Score! It was freezing outside in Southern California. Probably upper 40s. ;) Picked up Zelda too.

Now I just need another TV.

I got mine this morning at Target. I swore I wouldn't camp, but I really wanted one, so I got up at 6 and bundled up for the two hour wait in 30 degree temperatures. I even wore my flannel pajamas under my jeans and an extra pair of socks. I arrived at Target at about 6:30 and counted 20 people ahead of me, so I got out of my car and waited in line. Only 15 minutes later, a manager came out and handed out tickets and told us to be at the electronics counter by 8:30 or he'd sell our system out from under us.

I was so happy I felt like doing a little dance. I got a Wii without having to camp! And Target really had everything well organized; they really deserve props for keeping things running smoothly and efficiently. All the other people in line were polite and respectful, too, probably because many of them were suburban soccer mom and grandma types.

I did hear some bitching from people that showed up at 8 AM expecting a Wii. They were mad that it wasn't announced that Target would hand out tickets an hour before opening, but even if Target hadn't given out tickets, the systems would have been sold out to everyone ahead of them in line and those complainers would have had to wait in line an hour in the cold to find out they weren't getting a system.

bestbuy on rt 40 in rosedale. they had them, but werent selling them. they guys said, no we dont have them and started to get nervous and red, i called him out for lying, he then folded, and his boss sent him home. i fucking hate bestbuy.

[quote name='liquoredonlife']Got in line 15 minutes before opening and was 35 out of 48 at Target in Carson, CA. Score! It was freezing outside in Southern California. Probably upper 40s. ;) Picked up Zelda too.

Now I just need another TV.[/QUOTE]

Friggin 24 degrees when I woke up here.

Went to a local (Dayton, OH) Target at 8, not really expecting to get one, but kinda hoping. On the way I passed TRU which had tents out front and about 30 people lined up behind the tents. That got scratched off my list pretty fast. I just went straight to Target. They got 8 and I was #12 so I headed to a nearby Circuit City and got there around 8:10. I was around 24th in line (if everyone ahead of me go one, 14th if it went only one per family), so I thought my chances were good. An employee walked out about an hour and half later, passed out 10 tickets and announced that was all he had. They didn't even have the stated 15 minimum. And, like salt in an open wound, it was in the low 20s here for the whole wait (in the shade cause God loves me like that lol). As a slight aside, the TRU got, at most, 33. I'm not holding out much hope for Walmart on Wednesday.

It seems like all the target stores did the best in distrubiting the systems in an orderly manner. I got their about 5 mins after opening and they still had plenty left ( about 30 or so ) they had a total of 58. But Walmart across the u.s are selling wii's at 8 am on the 6th so if you guys missed out you better camp out early in the morning because they have it on flyers all over the stores.

[quote name='Oozer']...They didn't even have the stated 15 minimum....[/quote]

I believe you could have asked for a rain-check in that case. At least at that point you wouldn't have to wait in line for it, just get the first one off the next shipment.

Thanks to this board and wiiloaded I got my Wii today at Target in Fremont, CA. Thanks everyone!

I got started at 5am and scoped out the three Targets in my area. Target in Fremont had 38 units. I was #15. Last person to get a Wii rolled in about 1 hour before opening. Props to the Target manager for great customer service and keeping everything in order (unlike the local Best Buy).

Now I just need to find some wiimotes.

I arrived at 4:45 at a Target. I would have been first in line but I was at another door but the line started at another one so I moved. There were only about fifteen people in line for a couple hours and then it shot up to probably near 60 close to when the store opened. In the store I could see a huge crate of Wiis. I would say probably around 50 Wiis.

[quote name='REDBLIND']Thanks to this board and wiiloaded I got my Wii today at Target in Fremont, CA. Thanks everyone!

I got started at 5am and scoped out the three Targets in my area. Target in Fremont had 38 units. I was #15. Last person to get a Wii rolled in about 1 hour before opening. Props to the Target manager for great customer service and keeping everything in order (unlike the local Best Buy).

Now I just need to find some wiimotes.[/QUOTE]

You live in Fremont too?! Congrats on getting a Wii! Let me know if you want to exchange friend codes.

I got in line at about 6am with my girlfriend. There were already what turned out to be 25 people in front of us, many parents with beach chairs. Around 7:20am employees get there with vouchers and say that they have 38 Wii's and that once you get a voucher you can come back when the store opens. I was 26, she was 27, we went to eat breakfast, came back and got our Wii's around 8:20am. I already have one, but the one I got is for my g/f who won't stop playing mine, and the one she got is for her brother who cries on a weekly basis about not having a Wii. Overall a good waiting experience. If only Black Friday was this nice. This was Target.

I got one today. My target had 78. I showed up at 8 am (right when it opened). I was the 79th person. I waited in line anyway, got to the front of the line and the Target CSR said it was my lucky day since someone in line ahead of me decided not to buy their system. WOOHOO!

[quote name='supwaz']I got one today. My target had 78. I showed up at 8 am (right when it opened). I was the 79th person. I waited in line anyway, got to the front of the line and the Target CSR said it was my lucky day since someone in line ahead of me decided not to buy their system. WOOHOO![/QUOTE]

78? Seriously? Seventy Motha-fucking Eight. How come my target get THREE and everyone else's gets this? I am seriously gonna go bananna's if I don't get one from Walmart this week.

Dear Reggie,
Be Afraid.

Yeah, I might show up a couple of hours early but no heavy camping for me. This is the third (going on 4th) week already. Seems like there should be more. I think it's plausible to declare the Wii the winner of the first battle of the holiday season. Hopefully Nintendo can deliever on their promise of 4 million Wii's worldwide by years end. The shipments should at least double here in the coming weeks.

My wife and I camped out in front of tagert and citcuit city, me in front of circuit city, because they opened at 10 and we got there are 6:30 or so
and her and target because they were opening at 8
when all was said and done she got the wii at 9:00 and red steel and i got a voucher for a friend at about 8:30 i think so all was well :)

and i am enjoying the wii thoroughly :whistle2:D

#6 out of 15 systems at Circuit City. I also got an extra remote and the last of 4 nunchuks. Of course, I can't open it until Christmas, but I'm happy to know that it will be under the tree.

[quote name='TimPV3']It's you. Where have you seen PS3's, ESPECIALLY in shipments of upto 150?[/QUOTE]

Two in the last three days. My wife saw a 20GB model at Meijer on sunday, and I personally saw a 60GB at Target this morning - just sitting there behing the glass waiting for someone to buy it.

I'm sure it didn't take long for someone to snag it, but that's the second one recently - and I still haven't seen a Wii sitting anywhere (or either of the controllers for that matter).

Glad my EB preorder came through, I never imagined they'd be THIS hard to come by.

Finally got one this Sunday at Target, I woke up at 7:30 am, me and the wife were out of the house at 7:40, got to target about 7:50. The wife hopped out as I parked since she say Target employees at the line. They were handing out the tickets and she got the last ticket, our Target had 24 units to sell in Orange City, FL. I got the unit, Zelda, Madden and Trauma Center and an extra remote/nunchuk and a classic controller.

[quote name='Bigsauce']78? Seriously? Seventy Motha-fucking Eight. How come my target get THREE and everyone else's gets this? I am seriously gonna go bananna's if I don't get one from Walmart this week.

Dear Reggie,
Be Afraid.[/quote]

Yours got three as well? Where do you live?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Yeah no joke. Lousy Calculus final.[/quote]

Calculus and quantum mechanics....all good stuff.

Trust me, calculus makes a lot more sense the second time.

TBW

[quote name='Squall835']Yours got three as well? Where do you live?[/QUOTE]

Kalamazoo Michigan is where I checked. I live about a half hour south of that. Walmart is next stop this week. Damn them.

bread's done
Back