Who hates Gamestop?

I have no qualms with my local ones, if only because the customer service at each are all top notch. Shocking, isn't it? Then again, it helps that they know their games, they don't push the hard sell at all (meaning "no" means "no"), and they're very good about trying to get you the best deal possible. Not surprisingly, people around here seem more ready to sign up for an Edge Card/GI sub when the cashier just helped them save 20% off their purchase once or twice [unused web coupon or a reused one].

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'd actually LIKE Gamestop if they would give more on trades, take only excellent condition/complete/mint stuff in[/quote]
Eh, that's kinda much.

What would be better is if they had a grading policy and pricing policy. The less that comes with the game, the less you get for trading it in. The less they have for the game (no box or manual), they mark it lower than a complete copy.

It's highly unfair for some jackoff to come in with a disc-only game, get full trade-in value and then we have to pay the full price of a used copy.

Don't get me started on discs that were cleaned with sandpaper...

There have actually been discs that weren't just scratched, but that also looked like someone had wiped their ass with them before that I had stupidly bought in a hurry and went home with before I noticed the muck.

Good thing for me though, is that the closest mall to my house also has a Gamestop in it, so I was able to return the first one for a good condition copy.

What amuses me though, is how even new releases will be traded in a week or two from release and be disc only or otherwise incomplete. I mean, I know some people have space limitations n crap, but game cases don't take up ALOT of space.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What amuses me though, is how even new releases will be traded in a week or two from release and be disc only or otherwise incomplete. I mean, I know some people have space limitations n crap, but game cases don't take up ALOT of space.[/quote]
Ah yes. I saw this happen with Brawl and GTA IV.

There's really no excuse for losing cases so soon. It's not like the cases are made of cardboard like back in the old Nintendo period (NES/SNES/N64) and are prone to breaking easily.

i hate the place. i used to shop there every week, but finally got fedup with their pisspoor service. i have not been inside a GameSh!t store in almost two years now. They lost a regular customer and couldn't care less, I'm sure. I keep hoping gamers will unite and demand better service via boycott, but it'll never happen...

Circuit City seems to be next in line... just uncaring service has become a standard at these stores. No complaints about Best Buys policy, or many other retailers...

I actually had a good experience at Gamestop the other day (sorry, I know this thread is for hait, and I usually do hait GS, but just once...)

I picked up my LE copy of MGS4, even got rehashed on the LE guide. All's still good. Get home, install, and the game is glitchy (videos skip, long load times, etc). The disc looked flawless, but I suspected it was still the problem, as all my other stuff plays fine. I went to the GS, and there was a different guy there than who was working when I picked it up. Here's the conversation:

Me: *describes the problem*. I need to exchange a disc for a disc, basically.
GS: The only copies I have available are for pre-orders... I can check another store, or you can come back tomorrow.
Me: But I did pre-order
GS: I know; I'm the one who did your pre-order.
Me: And I also paid off and picked up the game today, as well as a guide. Am I supposed to be cast to the side?
GS: Like I said... *looks at me and pauses, then checks the drawer, then his watch*
You know what, it's almost 8pm, and I don't think everyone's still coming today. Here you go"
Me: Thank you. I know you have policies, but thanks for understanding my position.

Basically, I think I kinda talked him into it, but I noticed he actually stopped, as if he put himself in my shoes for a moment, and changed his decision. On top of that, my pre-order wasn't gutted like I feared it might be, so this was actually a pleasurable GS exchange.

[quote name='rainking187']The difference is Walmart treats their employees like crap but GameStop treats their customers that way. I'd never work at Walmart but I'd rather shop there.[/quote]

That's because Wal*Mart employees just don't care. People can steal all the stuff they want and the employees won't bat an eyelash.

[quote name='game_collector_83']Hey, all. Over my years on this Earth I have learned many a thing. One of those things is the fact that I, indeed, HATE Gamestop. Having worked there once as a plucky, young gamer, I thought I'd be fun. This was not the case. After my departure from the store, I rarely had a good word to say about the company. It became my backburner store for video games... until last night.

I had reserved a copy of MGS4:LE at Gamestop, seeing as it was the only place it would be available. I waited in line from 11:00pm last night until the glorious hour had arrived. I finally make my way to the register at about 12:20am (they were only letting five people in at a time) only to have the associate say,"You don't have Metal Gear Solid 4 reserved, you have Grand Theft Auto 4 reserved." The refused me service because they claimed to not have enough LE's to go around. Irritated as hell, I cancelled my reserve for "GTA4", took my money, and left. As I was leaving, the girl at the register gave me a sarcastic,"Bring your reciept next time." No apologies, just attitude.

I didn't have my reciept because I rode with a friend, and I had forgotten my slip in my car. Regardless, I have recieved games (and fufilled preorders when I worked there) without the reciept. The fact is that they messed up my reserve and cost me around two hours of my time total. It was not over.

I dug around and found my original reserve slip and, lo-and-behold, it stated I had a copy of MGS4 reserved. I had them now. I returned to the God-forsaken store this morning. I approached the associate (the assistant manager--a different person from the night before) and stated my case calmly. I knew that it wasn't directly his fault, so I had no reason to be pissed at him. He apologized and stated that all the LE's were for reserves. I had him count them and there was apparently one extra... the one the STORE MANAGER wouldn't sell to me the night before... the one I had preordered. He sold me MY copy of the game, and, before leaving, asked for the district manager's number and e-mail. It is not over, but my days at Gamestop are.

If you have seen my trade/collection list, you would know that I am a serious gamer and collector. They will be missing out on some serious business. I will probably be sending them a nice e-mail with pics of my massive collection. I sick of Gamestop. Who's with me? Anyone else have some bad experiences there? Please share and leave your comments and opinions of the "Evil Empire".

END RANT[/quote]

That is definately crappy service. I olny use GameStop for pre-order incentives, i.e. the Saga DVD. Other than that, I get my games at Target or BestBuy.

The fact is, you didn't even need your reciept. When we pre-order, they tape a copy of the pre-order slip to the game itself so that there's no mistakes when picking up. It was that way with every game I've pre-ordered from them. A couple times, I didn't have my receipt on pickup so they they needed my ID and phone number.

Dude and/or chick were just being hard-asses and probably wanted your LE version for themselves or a friend.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i go where the deal is. im at gamestop just about every b2g1 sale. two days ago i got ninja gaiden 2 used there, 50 bucks with the discount card and the game is flawless. cant beat that with a stick.[/QUOTE]
You bought the game for $50, and the guy who sold it back got 16 bucks in trade. They are more than happy to sell it to you for a 200% markup. They are BASTARDS!!!! Everyone, look into goozex for game trading. If you have a locally owned store, develop a relationship with that store. TELL them you don't want to go to gamestop, and that you want to do all your business at the "mom & pop" store. Usually the owners will appreciate it, and you will notice your trades are worth MUCH more than they are at gamestop.

[quote name='robgas']You bought the game for $50, and the guy who sold it back got 16 bucks in trade. They are more than happy to sell it to you for a 200% markup. They are BASTARDS!!!! [/quote]

People buy it at the mark up, it's called business. You can't expect Betty Housewife to take the time to search for deals on the intrawebz just to save $10 on a video game.

And like wise, you can't expect a 10 year old boy, wanting some quick cash to save up for the new Pokemon game, to be browsing for deals online.

Sure Gamestop could offer better TIV but they don't, yet that hasn't hurt them. People still trade in games there and people still buy used games there. And as long as it makes them lots of money, they aren't going to change their practice.

Their prices aren't very good, and service is non existent. On top of that, the fact that a majority of their preowned games are in bad shape makes them difficult to like.

They didn't bother to keep an artbook for my copy of MGS4 LE reserved some time ago. The guy told me that I should come back in a few weeks, to see if more were shipped to them. Then he told me that it sucked, was only 10 pages, and that it's all just CG art. After that he proceeded to tell me that he had his at home and thought it was totally awesome. He was quite proud of himself.

I don't know if I should be more mad at Gamestop or at Konami. Hopefully GS doesn't have an exclusive on any other cool Limted Edition games any time soon.

[quote name='robgas']You bought the game for $50, and the guy who sold it back got 16 bucks in trade. They are more than happy to sell it to you for a 200% markup. They are BASTARDS!!!! Everyone, look into goozex for game trading. If you have a locally owned store, develop a relationship with that store. TELL them you don't want to go to gamestop, and that you want to do all your business at the "mom & pop" store. Usually the owners will appreciate it, and you will notice your trades are worth MUCH more than they are at gamestop.[/quote]

I always love supporting the local businesses but, sadly, most of the time they just can't compete in most of the places I've lived for a number of major reasons:

(1) The enclosed shopping malls are where all of the foot traffic is located, but Simon Mall rents are so sky high they can't afford to spend more than a few months in there at best.

(2) The other option tends to be locations on high-traffic streets and strip malls. Problem here is that, since it's not an enclosed mall and usually requires significant walking/driving to get to, it suffers from lack of customers.

(3) The mom & pop stores that didn't know their prices other than on new titles or recent titles were beloved by gamers! Unfortunately, mispricing the titles that would keep you in business for another two or three months tends to cost you the business.

(4) The ones that did know their prices lost the gamers and never had the "soccer mom" crowd at all. It's hard to tackle rent, lack of bodies in the store, and competing with the large chains when you have to undercut EB's prices.

(5) The last ones that held out, and god bless them...well, they lost their identity. They tried to fight the other gaming chains so much that they lost everything that was unique about them. Got rid of imports, threw away all of the fan-geared items, ditched demonstrations, kiosks, and arcade cabinets...at that point, what's the difference? Most people end up going to the place that's most convenient.

Not to rag on the idea since I wholeheartedly agree that the industry could use more stores and chains to give GameStop some competition and force some change, but we'll have to see how that goes. I'm hoping Play N Trade opens open their locations by me soon but otherwise...well, Game Crazy is few and far between both here and home and Blockbuster...they aren't even worth mentioning. That and all of the non-NYC independents are pretty much dead.

I would love for NCSX to open an actual storefront, though, but that'll never happen. Oh, to raid their warehouse...

What happened to the TC is a bunch of bullshit, and I would be mad as hell if it happened to me. But some of you people simply complain about GameStop for the sake of complaining. They are a business. Just because they sell video games, that doesn't mean they are magically going to turn into some "fun" store. They have have the same, crappy, hourly-waged high school and college students as every other retail store.

I love GameStop!

I love that they won't sell a huge title like GTA IV during the week after release unless you pre-ordered! Even though every other retailer will have hundreds of copies, and GS will too after a few days.

I love that "new", which means "unopened" at any other store, means "every 16 year old we can pay minimum wage to has played this disc, scratched it to hell, and had their dog puke on it".

I love that GS will dock me for trading in a game "with scratches", even if it's a) unplayed, and b) they won't give me a discount when I buy used games that are scratched.

I love that GS is the only store that will tell me that MGS4 is coming out on the 360 soon. Why don't other stores take preorders on that?

Bleh.

I personally like my local GS. When i'm buying a game there a usual conversation would go like this.

Gs- Will this be it for you today?
Me- Yes
Gs-Would u like to pre-order a game today?
Me- No thanks.
Gs- Alright. Your total is $xx.xx

I pay and then leave a happy customer :D

[quote name='franz ferdinand']I love GameStop!

I love that they won't sell a huge title like GTA IV during the week after release unless you pre-ordered! Even though every other retailer will have hundreds of copies, and GS will too after a few days.
Why dont you just reserve it. Reserving is free. Whats the big deal?

I love that "new", which means "unopened" at any other store, means "every 16 year old we can pay minimum wage to has played this disc, scratched it to hell, and had their dog puke on it".
1000% untrue

I love that GS will dock me for trading in a game "with scratches", even if it's a) unplayed, and b) they won't give me a discount when I buy used games that are scratched.
If its unplayed how did you scratch it? Theoretically it should be mint. And the refurb fee for scratched games to weed out the really bad games and send them back. If every store did it properly there wouldnt be any really bad scratched games.

[quote name='THoward7382'][quote name='franz ferdinand']If its unplayed how did you scratch it? Theoretically it should be mint. And the refurb fee for scratched games to weed out the really bad games and send them back. If every store did it properly there wouldnt be any really bad scratched games.[/quote]

I generally like gamestop, they are one of the major players in my flipping scheme Blockbuster the other, but earlier this week they tried charging the refurb fee for a game I literally just opened in the parking lot (got at sears, going for the extra 10 trade in deal).

Really, I think some of their practices are shoddy (pre-opened new games, for starters), but I go in with open eyes and only patronize them when it makes sense to me. I prefer GameCrazy for trades because (in general) their prices and trade in values are better. To be frank I rarely trade in games because I'm a collector (read packrat).

I did once almost go 'glitter and magazine racks' on them when GW: Factions was delayed and again the time they screwed up the LE Gears of War shipments and I had to wait a day. Good times, good times.......

I hate the fact that they accept games that don't have cases and/or manuals. Really sucks when I see a game I've been looking for, but it has a generic case.

Another vote for hating GS. Long story short the "King of Pre-orders" fucked me over on next gen console reservations. The only shopping I will be doing there will be to spend my $75 in GC's I earned on e-rewards.com.

Any national chain of anything has good and bad locations with good and bad employees. Food, retail, car repair, hair salons, anything.
I don't hate or love GS or go there on any scheduled basis, maybe I'll stop in twice in month or not set foot in two. It all depends on the rest of life.

What I mean is this; treat GS as another tool in your arsenal when looking for games. Don't depend solely on it but don't ignore it either.
I don't think a national corprate chain always has to be good or bad, sometimes it just is. Anyway, that's my 2 lousy cents.

I only, only shop there at a last resort. I hate the fact that they'll sell opened games as new. I want a sealed copy. I also think their trade-in values aren't worth it. I know they have to make money, but I can sell/trade my games more successfully without them now. I also don't like being asked multiple questions as has already been mentioned. I happily buy my games at Best Buy (usually) occasionally Target, Wal-Mart, whatever. Like I said, Gamestop is my absolute last resort.

[quote name='vectorscalar']Really, I think some of their practices are shoddy (pre-opened new games, for starters), but I go in with open eyes and only patronize them when it makes sense to me. I prefer GameCrazy for trades because (in general) their prices and trade in values are better. To be frank I rarely trade in games because I'm a collector (read packrat).

I did once almost go 'glitter and magazine racks' on them when GW: Factions was delayed and again the time they screwed up the LE Gears of War shipments and I had to wait a day. Good times, good times.......[/quote]

I almost kicked an employee in the nuts for the Gears of War thing, but it was UPS fault it turned out... so I waited out back for the man wearing brown instead....

Preorders are pointless at gamestop unless the game is an exclusive to one console that wont be ported to another console later in the year *cough* Metal gear solid 4 *cough* :).

But sticking to the topic yes i hate gamestop which is funny cause they are like starbucks around here. Theres one popping up once a month in the weirdest places.

On top of that, i only like to shop there when i know i can screw them over. Like when the 25% coupon was going on i used my edge to get 35% off most of the games. Persona 3 for 17 can't be beat or MVC2 for ps2 for $56. But in the end the employees are the incompetent bastards that make the consumer experience extremely unenjoyable.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']That's because Wal*Mart employees just don't care. People can steal all the stuff they want and the employees won't bat an eyelash.[/quote]

That's because the Wally World employees are smart, since you never know when that unassuming customer may be under the effects of meth and throw you through a fuckin' display case for trying to stop them from stealing a $20 GH title.

That's why stores have LOSS PREVENTION departments, so the employees don't have to deal with the possible drug crazed shoplifters.

Personally, if a manager yelled at me to 'stop that shoplifter', I'd yell back 'am I getting hazard pay for it?'. If not, I'd simply sidestep the shoplifter and MAYBE I'd trip them and let LP do their job. Otherwise, it's not my problem.

[quote name='THoward7382']Why dont you just reserve it. Reserving is free. Whats the big deal?[/quote]

I beg to differ, since it cost me a MINIMUM of $5 to reserve a few games in times past. Mind you, I only wanted the PO bonus from each PO and cancelled soon after since I didn't really want the damn games and I figured it a was good way to stick GS with copies of some shit games they may NEVER sell at full price(Transformers: The Movie game for one).

I still have at least one outstanding one, but the distance I'd have to go to cancel the thing just isn't worth it. I only put the $5 down to get a couple guides to be able to trade/sell them here.

Gamestop sucks. And it's not because of the employees, unfortunately, or I would have found one (by now) that didn't suck!

Here's my experience: Used to shop at a local place called "Funcoland." The guys there were pretty nice, and they definitely didn't have the attitude of the mall's "Babbage's" (anyone remember them? Total A-holes!).

One day, everything is bought up by Gamestop, and Funcoland is no more. Not too long afterwards, the store becomes a crap. I can't get phone quotes anymore because the scam is that I won't leave once I come in with my games, and that they can low-ball me on their value. Not true: I often do leave with my bag of games. There are plenty of websites that pay you more to ship your games to them, even with the added cost of shipping (so no, eBay is NOT the only alternative to SUCK-stop!).

GS's corporate policies ruin their gamer atmosphere. The guys in GS are forced to make sales as aggressively as possible or face shut down. And when you're aggressively being sold something (doesn't matter what - it can be oxygen!), you won't enjoy shopping.

Are other stores better? Yes and no. At least when you go into Best Buy, you don't get harassed as much, and the cashier is less likely to bother you with a warranty pitch. Places like SEARS, they don't bother you at all.

But GS has expert advice!!! NOT!!! Just cause some of those dorks play video games doesn't mean that they know what games YOU like. I'm more likely to hear some employee go on and on about how much they like something and it's therefore the best, rather than listening to what a customer wants.

I'd actually prefer it if the employees DIDN'T play video games. They'd be a lot less annoying that way.

But then, I must be the wrong customer. I'm not some stupid parent rushing to buy a gift for a kid I don't understand. I go into a game store knowing 80-90% of the games on the shelves before I even walk inside! I don't need running commentary on everything I pick up or bring to the counter. I don't need to hear what Joe-schmo thinks of my gaming, since he feels the need to compulsively spit at me as though it makes for pleasant conversation.

That's not to say all GS guys are bad. There are definitely some better ones (does anyone else think that the ex-EB guys are nicer overall?)... but almost 100% of the GS's I walk into are run like everyone inside is an f-ing rock star. I just wish some of these guys were a little more down to earth, and a lot more modest and humble.

[quote name='iceblast21']I just wish some of these guys were a little more down to earth, and a lot more modest and humble.[/quote]

Gamestop's corporate office with their brutal sales tactics and utter indifference for their employees is why this will never happen. Back in my high school days, the Babbage's at the local mall had many cool employees working there. They cared more about helping the customers than the number of reserves and subscription to be gained. I guess that's why they were all fired or quit from being bitched at all the time. Seriously, Gamestop sets their expectations REALLY high with no remorse. fuck 'em.

[quote name='game_collector_83']Gamestop's corporate office with their brutal sales tactics and utter indifference for their employees is why this will never happen. Back in my high school days, the Babbage's at the local mall had many cool employees working there. They cared more about helping the customers than the number of reserves and subscription to be gained. I guess that's why they were all fired or quit from being bitched at all the time. Seriously, Gamestop sets their expectations REALLY high with no remorse. fuck 'em.[/quote]

You sound more like a disgruntled ex employee than anything else. If you really did work for Gamestop you would know the statements you put down here were lies.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I beg to differ, since it cost me a MINIMUM of $5 to reserve a few games in times past. Mind you, I only wanted the PO bonus from each PO and cancelled soon after since I didn't really want the damn games and I figured it a was good way to stick GS with copies of some shit games they may NEVER sell at full price(Transformers: The Movie game for one).

I still have at least one outstanding one, but the distance I'd have to go to cancel the thing just isn't worth it. I only put the $5 down to get a couple guides to be able to trade/sell them here.[/quote]

I say free because the money you put down for the game comes out of the price. So its money you were going to spend anyway. So thats why I have no issue with pre-orders, etc.

And you saying you would reserve games for the extra stuff and then cancel is the EXACT reason why they changed their policy to "pick up free item" at the time of purchase. Whether its Gamestop or some grocery store, why do you feel the need to rip them off?

[quote name='iceblast21']I'd actually prefer it if the employees DIDN'T play video games. They'd be a lot less annoying that way.[/QUOTE]
That'd actually be worse as if you tried asking about when certain games are out or about certain titles, you'll likely either get a blank/confused stare or someone pulling information they heard second hand out of their ass.

It's bad enough GameStop is a gaming retail store yet feels a lot less like one compared to non-gaming retail stores (I still say it's baffling that they have LESS copies of big hit games than stores like Target do).

[quote name='THoward7382']You sound more like a disgruntled ex employee than anything else. If you really did work for Gamestop you would know the statements you put down here were lies.[/quote]

'fraid not, amigo. That's what happened at the particular store I worked at. It's all interconnected, anyway. If employees are hounded to push reserves and subs and never complimented, then they will not give a shit about the job, the customers and, eventually, games. I had become a third key at Gamestop, worked under the title for a week, then moved on to a family owned game store down the road where I was assistant manager. It was a cool place, a real gamers game store.

[quote name='THoward7382']I say free because the money you put down for the game comes out of the price. So its money you were going to spend anyway. So thats why I have no issue with pre-orders, etc.

And you saying you would reserve games for the extra stuff and then cancel is the EXACT reason why they changed their policy to "pick up free item" at the time of purchase. Whether its Gamestop or some grocery store, why do you feel the need to rip them off?[/quote]

Actually, I only ever did it with the Transformers movie game, but I knew people who did it for major RPG releases, which albeit DID deprive those who wanted to genuinely pre-order it.

As for me, I never did understand WHY they would give out the bonus BEFORE the release of the game, except for the release of the MGS Saga Vol. 2 DVD which involved the Metal Gear Online code.

Otherwise though, for my only real pre-order(the other one being God Of War II, which I did at a far off GS over a year ago), the bonus really sucked. The Transformers poster I received as the bonus was ambiguous at best and the future movie posters were WAYYY better.

When the CheapyD starts holding contests on the CAGcast for a $100 gift card to Gamestop and its sponsored by Gamestop how many of these users that are saying how they hate Gamestop will enter the contest? I bet a good majority of them.

I hate the store, but when they have a game I want with free shipping (even more so when its an exclusive limited or comes with a cool bonus) I just order online.

Never have to set foot in the store unless they have a sale or something.

I hate gamestop too. I think that they ruin video games. They must put one of there white or yellow stickers over anything. Ohh it's a new game, lets open it up and put white stickers over it. Anywhere else in the world if you had a new game it has to be sealed. Not gamestop, we open the games and let are employees take them home to play. That is used to me and anyone else who plays games. Then the used games, they will sell you anything scratched, not scratched, dog ruin instructions. Then they put like eight yellow stickers on it because one is not good enough. There just idiots. I rather buy my games from best buy, amazon, or used from ebay with a picture, that way I can see if I'm buying a used reject from gamestop. Thanks and Game til your Gone.

i used to work at funcoland. when it came to selling cleaners and subs they gave an insentive bonus of cash for everything else you sold. if gamestop did this now it would be alot easier as then the employess have a reason to ask and not have to hard sell people.

i rarely shop at my local gamestop as everyting i go in there the ac is never on and it is like a sauna in there plus they pull that open/ new shit.

on the good side of things when i ask for a bobblehead or whatever they give it to me with no reserve so i am on the fence with gamestop.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']When the CheapyD starts holding contests on the CAGcast for a $100 gift card to Gamestop and its sponsored by Gamestop how many of these users that are saying how they hate Gamestop will enter the contest? I bet a good majority of them.[/quote]

Actually, I have only entered the Goozex 'Win a PS3' contest before, but of course I ONLY signed up to Goozex for the contest itself since I stick to CAG if I want to trade/buy/sell games.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']When the CheapyD starts holding contests on the CAGcast for a $100 gift card to Gamestop and its sponsored by Gamestop how many of these users that are saying how they hate Gamestop will enter the contest? I bet a good majority of them.[/quote]

:applause:

Well of course. I would gladly shop for games there if I was given free credit to the store but if I am spending cold hard cash they are last on my list of stores/websites that I would visit.

[quote name='whitedeath']i rarely shop at my local gamestop as everyting i go in there the ac is never on and it is like a sauna in there plus they pull that open/ new shit. [/QUOTE]

There are two gamestops that are just like that near me. HOT AS HELL.

[quote name='Chitown021']Well of course. I would gladly shop for games there if I was given free credit to the store but if I am spending cold hard cash they are last on my list of stores/websites that I would visit.[/QUOTE]

Then stop bad mouth them or maybe they will back out of sponsoring.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's because the Wally World employees are smart, since you never know when that unassuming customer may be under the effects of meth and throw you through a fuckin' display case for trying to stop them from stealing a $20 GH title.

That's why stores have LOSS PREVENTION departments, so the employees don't have to deal with the possible drug crazed shoplifters.

Personally, if a manager yelled at me to 'stop that shoplifter', I'd yell back 'am I getting hazard pay for it?'. If not, I'd simply sidestep the shoplifter and MAYBE I'd trip them and let LP do their job. Otherwise, it's not my problem.
[/quote]

Well coming from someone who has worked in retail, you NEVER play Superman when dealing with a potential shoplifter. You alert a manager and the manager alerts LP.

I've never encountered a retail job that expects their sales associates to go all Bourne Supremacy on their ass. But it is their job to ALERT a manager of what is happening, that's why there are phones and/or walkies located in the store.

And 95% of retail shoplifters are not going to be running through the store because that is too damn obvious. If anything those shoplifters are a bit too CAUTIOUS.

[quote name='devildr1ver']But sticking to the topic yes i hate gamestop which is funny cause they are like starbucks around here. Theres one popping up once a month in the weirdest places.[/quote]
Funny you should say that. They made room for two stores, directly side by side of eachother across the street from me. What are they? A Starbucks AND a GameStop.

Never did I think I'd see that happen... :whistle2:s

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Then stop bad mouth them or maybe they will back out of sponsoring.[/quote]
You make GameStop sound like they're insensitive to criticism; whether it's legitimate or not. If anything, GameStop really doesn't care what people have to say.

I hate Gamestop a little less today. GME showed up on one of my screeners for a long candidate on Friday. Took it from $44.30 to $48.25, nice 9% 2-day gain.

Looks like it might continue higher to test resistance at $50 over the next few days but I'm more than happy to take my 9% and move to the next trade.

i haven't had a problem with the gamestop i've gone to yet. i say yet for the sheer fact that no matter where i go, one of these days i'll get bad service, not to a point where i'm going to annex them or make a huge stink about it online. but they're usually good to me and have even held stuff for me to call me to tell me it's in (such as the nyko wii perfect shot...which i sadly couldn't reserve, but they held for me)

I resent that Gamestop wastes my time by saying they have New games in stock when the games are in fact Used. The word "New" means sealed and unopened. It does not mean opened, removed from the case, handled, possibly played, and who knows what else. Don't tell me you have "New" copies of a particular game, then try to sell me a Used copy when I show up.

My other problem with Gamestop is more a problem with their customers. It boggles my mind that someone would pay $60 for a new game, play it for a week, then trade it back in for $20 or whatever pittance they're offering (and of course, Gamestop will turn around and resell that used game for $55). There's nothing immoral about offering a raw deal to gamers; it just sickens me that so many of them willingly take it.

bread's done
Back