Who here is getting Resident Evil 4 at launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still debating buying it, didn't get the chance to play the demo - anybody have one they're done with and want to send, let me know - I'll pay shipping...

as much as I want it i'm going to wait for a price drop maybe to 40....i've spent way to much on gaming recently

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='twiztidjester']I got a rain check at bestbuy for 2 for $30[/quote]

Just stop, no you didn't.[/quote]

yes i did

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='twiztidjester']I got a rain check at bestbuy for 2 for $30[/quote]

yes i did[/quote]

I didnt think they were honoring that ad? :?:

I'll be getting it since I already have zero through 3 plus code veronica for gamecube, but I wont play it till PS2, because I cant do First person aiming on a controller so I'll be using my keyboard and mouse adapter. I dont like this new action direction though. Survival Horror is not action. Devil May Cry isnt Survival Horror. You're not supposed to be badass, you're supposed to have a slow paced game with crappy controls. I heard some massive RE fan site shut down in protest over the issue.

The demo of this game was so sexy that I might buy the game and go to my cousin's house an hour away for a few days just to play it. I don't want to buy a GC over it, since both the system and game will be dirt cheap eventually.. but geez.. seems like it'll be worth every penny and then some.

I can't beat the demo. I keep getting killed and I don't continue too much. So it's like I have the game, can't get passed a certain part, and I've given up.

I just saved myself $50. I wish more games had demos.

[quote name='Smoke'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='twiztidjester']I got a rain check at bestbuy for 2 for $30[/quote]

yes i did[/quote]

I didnt think they were honoring that ad? :?:[/quote]

i guess i got lucky the cashier did it and the manager okayed it

You can probably find the demo at a local Fry's or something, i was at one this past weekend and they had tons of copies of the demo just laying in a box on the counter at the videogame section.

i took the plunge and got the collectors set from gamestop.com with no tax and free 3 day shipping.

It comes with an artbook, soundtrack and some fancy smanshy casing. Considering what re2 and re3 sell for, i dont think i will regret getting this collectors edition. It should hold its value quite well.

My pre-order is in. Leon is my favorite of all the heroes from the series. I was mad when they used Jill in part three instead of continuing Mr. Kennedy's saga.

I decide to get the game at launch too. The only game I got at lanuch was Snake Eater. So has anybody saw the tin yet? Is there a gamestop logo on the tin? From the pic it look like it does but thats a blurry pic I don't know if I want to get the tin if it has a gamestop logo on it.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']after reading this thread, ive been persuaded to buy it from gamestop...so my next stop from here is gamestop.com[/quote]

Free one day shipping if you order by the end of today with the coupon code RES4OVRN.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Smoke'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='twiztidjester']I got a rain check at bestbuy for 2 for $30[/quote]

yes i did[/quote]

i guess i got lucky the cashier did it and the manager okayed it[/quote]

If you can, can you scan it and show it to us. I might be able to get it from that raincheck.

I think Gamerush is bringing back it's "Trade 2 and get any new game for $29.99". A manager at my local GR told me. If so, RE4 for $30 is a great deal.

I am getting, for a bday present...bday is on the 9th, which sucks being so close to xmass...but at least I will be getting this game

Well, I'm waiting on a $60 Christmas gift return. Once that goes through, I have to pick between Metroid Prime 2, Viewtiful Joe 2, or RE4. Ah, decisions, decisions :(

I'm not sure, but, all I know is, if this were being launched on the PS2 or Xbox, I'd expect the sales to be doubled... maybe tripled. Plus it'd be hyped to death.

The GCN usually doesn't get or have much hype.

However, this year has been a very good year for the 'Cube, and I wouldn't be surprised if RE4 put GCN sales back on the map.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Smoke'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='twiztidjester']I got a rain check at bestbuy for 2 for $30[/quote]

yes i did[/quote]

If you can, can you scan it and show it to us. I might be able to get it from that raincheck.[/quote]

i dont have a scaner would a picture work?

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='ananag112'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Smoke'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='twiztidjester']I got a rain check at bestbuy for 2 for $30[/quote]

yes i did[/quote]

If you can, can you scan it and show it to us. I might be able to get it from that raincheck.[/quote]

i dont have a scaner would a picture work?[/quote]

Sure

All signs point to yes. I just cancelled my Gamestop pre-order and put my money down at EB instead. EB is doing a same-day delivery to most stores on the 11th. I didn't know if that had been posted and it's always nice to get a game a day early when it's so anticipated.

just put in the pre-order for the collectors tin set at gamestop, making it the first game I've paid $50+ for since Double Dash in Nov. 2003. I feel dirty.

Damn after everytime I read all these threads about RE 4 I want it more. I pre-order my at fry's and hoping to get it somehow on lanuch with the free shipping. Here's hoping for a miracle. [-o

I pre-ordered the collectors tin at GameStop.com and I also get the soundtrack and I get free overnight shipping. At around noon, both of my order status's said ETA 1/11/2005. Now, the soundtrack says orders ship within 24 hours while the collectors tin says Processing. I really hope it comes tommorow so I can play all tommorow night and into Wednesday morning (I have to go to an internship on Wednesday at 1:00 PM). I am crossing my fingures and hopeing for the best.

when are the stores getting it... i would have ordered it at gamestop.com with free overnight shipping but i missed out on it.. i did preorder it b&m but i guess no soundtrack though.....

[quote name='guyver2077']when are the stores getting it... i would have ordered it at gamestop.com with free overnight shipping but i missed out on it.. i did preorder it b&m but i guess no soundtrack though.....[/quote]

people were saying that the B&M stores already have the Soundtrack. I am probably going to see if they are going to get the game in tomorrow

o i was under the impression that they werent getting the soundtrack...i guess ill have to call my store and ask them if they are getting it tomm

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back