Who is getting Street Fighter Anniversery Collection tomorrow?

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
I got my copy completely paid for at EB, just gotta pick it up.

Anyone else getting the game. or are you waiting on a price drop or the Xbox version?

If I had any money I would. I'll definitely be getting it at some point in the near future, though.

[quote name='PaulEMoz']If I had any money I would. I'll definitely be getting it at some point in the near future, though.[/quote]

I hear ya. I just had a few dollars I had goten for my birthday and this was one of my most wanted titles(also had a 25 dollar EB gift card)

I also picked up a stick today for like 8 bucks (Ascii PS1 stick) just for this and Virtua Fighter

[quote name='Final Starman']How much is it/what does it include?[/quote]

Hyper SSFII(comp. of a lot of the SFII characters into one game). By this I mean regular SFII Ryu can battle SSFII Dee-Jay

also includes SFIII:Third Strike

and SFII the animated movie

[quote name='Final Starman']How much is it/what does it include?[/quote]

The MSRP is $29.99. It includes a version of SFII, which allows you to select every character from SFII, SFII champion edition, SF II hyper fighting, Super SF II, and Super SF II Turbo, including different versions of the same character (for instance, SF II Ken is different from Super SF II Ken). It also includes SF III Third Strike. Both are playable online in the XBox version, but, when last I heard, this feature is not planned for the PS2 version, but I'll guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

[quote name='rebenns'][quote name='Final Starman']How much is it/what does it include?[/quote]

The MSRP is $29.99. It includes a version of SFII, which allows you to select every character from SFII, SFII champion edition, SF II hyper fighting, Super SF II, and Super SF II Turbo, including different versions of the same character (for instance, SF II Ken is different from Super SF II Ken). It also includes SF III Third Strike. Both are playable online in the XBox version, but, when last I heard, this feature is not planned for the PS2 version, but I'll guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.[/quote]

no online in PS2 version.

I so wish to pick this up, but then when I look around in my house.. my brother has moved out and I have no friends who like video games *WHAT! I know I know.. weird* I think it will be a better idea just to take my SF3 out for my Dreamcast and rock on.. on my own...

pity me.. for I am a lonely gamer...sobbing

[quote name='maxgle']I so wish to pick this up, but then when I look around in my house.. my brother has moved out and I have no friends who like video games *WHAT! I know I know.. weird* I think it will be a better idea just to take my SF3 out for my Dreamcast and rock on.. on my own...

pity me.. for I am a lonely gamer...sobbing[/quote]

I know the feeling, only one person I know plays games. Also what SFIII version you got?

I had my Third Strike stolen so I have extra incentive to get the collection, although I still have my Double Impact

I'm waiting for the Xbox version . . . Live Play!

But I'd like to play the ps2 version. I ordered one of those controllers from ebgames so I'd like to test it out!

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='PaulEMoz']If I had any money I would. I'll definitely be getting it at some point in the near future, though.[/quote]

I hear ya. I just had a few dollars I had goten for my birthday and this was one of my most wanted titles(also had a 25 dollar EB gift card)

I also picked up a stick today for like 8 bucks (Ascii PS1 stick) just for this and Virtua Fighter[/quote]

where did you get that stick casey? anywhere i can get it?

getting hockey instead..i already own like 5 street fighter games..i would get it on the cheapass side though :p

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='PaulEMoz']If I had any money I would. I'll definitely be getting it at some point in the near future, though.[/quote]

I also picked up a stick today for like 8 bucks (Ascii PS1 stick) just for this and Virtua Fighter[/quote]

where did you get that stick casey? anywhere i can get it?[/quote]

I got mine at EB used. They had a shadowblade joystick for the PS2 for cheap though (it was not in as good of condition as the one I got though)

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='PaulEMoz']If I had any money I would. I'll definitely be getting it at some point in the near future, though.[/quote]

I got mine at EB used. They had a shadowblade joystick for the PS2 for cheap though (it was not in as good of condition as the one I got though)[/quote]

So no limited edition pads for you, Casey? Oddly enough, I think I do better with pads than I ever do with sticks.

I just got a copy of Third Strike for my DC in an auction to win Alpha 3 (it was part of a lot), so that's not motivating me as strongly as the desire to play Hyper Fighting.

[quote name='BigHow'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='PaulEMoz']If I had any money I would. I'll definitely be getting it at some point in the near future, though.[/quote]

I got mine at EB used. They had a shadowblade joystick for the PS2 for cheap though (it was not in as good of condition as the one I got though)[/quote]

So no limited edition pads for you, Casey? Oddly enough, I think I do better with pads than I ever do with sticks.

I just got a copy of Third Strike for my DC in an auction to win Alpha 3 (it was part of a lot), so that's not motivating me as strongly as the desire to play Hyper Fighting.[/quote]

I thought about getting a pad, but for 8 bucks I think it will be a better sub, and a stick makes VF4 a lot easier to play

I do agree with you though, my desire to play SFII is a lot stronger than my desire to play SFIII (although playing it at the arcade has made me appreciate it more)

I'm waitign for the XBox version so I can get owned online. It's recently come to my attention that I really blow at 2D fighters. Only one way to improve I suppose.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']

I thought about getting a pad, but for 8 bucks I think it will be a better sub, and a stick makes VF4 a lot easier to play

I do agree with you though, my desire to play SFII is a lot stronger than my desire to play SFIII (although playing it at the arcade has made me appreciate it more)[/quote]

Yeah, I really got into SFIII with Double Impact, playing through it a hojillion times in order to unlock Akuma's second mode.

World Tour in Alpha 3 has really taken up too much of my gaming time lately - i haven't even begun to touch SFIII: Third Strike.

I remember the movie as being fairly entertaining when I watched it on a VHS boot many years ago. Of course, the big ruckus back then was the nude Chun Li scene. I wonder if that snuck in unedited?

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='PaulEMoz']If I had any money I would. I'll definitely be getting it at some point in the near future, though.[/quote]

I would stay away from the shadowblade for fighting games... The joystick moves in a square, making dragon punches or hadokens somewhat difficult. It works fine for games like soul calibur, which the moves of consists mostly of single directions. I wouldn't get it for Anniversary collection.

If you DO want it, even after all I said, I have 2 I can sell. :D I don't know how much it would cost to ship the things yet though.

when it comes out u can get it for 25 using the ggc at bestbuy and if u have a really lazy clerk, u can try using the xbox coupon that lowers the price for Xbox live games, saving u even more. Theoretically

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
Do you got a pic of that ps1 stick? I might wanna try to find one also. If I can't find one, can I paint yours? :p

Has this game been pushed back? I went to EB and they said it was pushed back a week or two. It was a brand new EB though, just about a week old actually, and they may not be caught up yet.

You can order the strategy guide at amazon for $10. The cheapest price I found for this game is 25.99 at buy.com with free shipping(I think it expired on the 31st, not sure).

I'm going to buy it a little later, since I want Star Ocean 3 and Phantom Brave the most right now, plus September will be another big month. I've been wanting Street Fighter: 3rd Strike for a long time. It would also be great to have an original kind of Street Fighter in the mix.

I'm not getting the Xbox version because it doesn't come out until next year, I canceled Xbox Live and I'll probably never get it back, I prefer using the Dual Shock 2 controller over the S controller, and I play my PS2 a lot more, so Street Fighter Anniversary Collection would get more play time.

third strike does not have a story like alpha 3. it's basically the latest installation of the story (or "final" one according to capcom). there isn't a whole lot of connection story-wise between sf2 and the third strike series. the only returning characters are ryu, ken, and chun li. it's not that deep in terms of story... the endings are pretty much throwaway... but the point with this one is the deep gameplay. if you're heavy into fighters, you can appreciate how diverse this game is in terms of play styles. i'd say it's a cross between the alpha series and sf2 series, with some cool new things thrown in, like parrying.

don't know what parrying is? think of it as last-minute blocking, without the block damage and with a reward time for counterattack. check out this video that shows one of the true sf masters, daigo, parrying the crap out of a chun li super art.

http://media.shoryuken.com/srk-daigo.zip

in order for you to fully appreciate this. look at the life totals for both players in the beginning, and realize... in order to parry, you have to tap forward the split second before EVERY HIT you wanna parry. if you think it's unimpressive, ask a friend to do a chun li SA2 on you, and try to parry every hit.

[quote name='Scrubking']Can someone give me a quick review of Third Strike? Does it have a story like Alpha 3?[/quote]

I suck at reviews, but here is a synopsis. There is no story, but the gameplay is amazing. There are 20 characters, and while many are new, several play like old favorites. The graphics in the game are crisp and the animation is fluid.

The game is probably the best fighter of the past 5 years and the only ones that come close are FF:Mark of the Wolves and Guilty Gear X2.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scrubking']Can someone give me a quick review of Third Strike? Does it have a story like Alpha 3?[/quote]

I suck at reviews, but here is a synopsis. There is no story, but the gameplay is amazing. There are 20 characters, and while many are new, several play like old favorites. The graphics in the game are crisp and the animation is fluid.

The game is probably the best fighter of the past 5 years and the only ones that come close are FF:Mark of the Wolves and Guilty Gear X2.[/quote]

If you don't include 3D games, then I can agree with that.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scrubking']Can someone give me a quick review of Third Strike? Does it have a story like Alpha 3?[/quote]

The game is probably the best fighter of the past 5 years and the only ones that come close are FF:Mark of the Wolves and Guilty Gear X2.[/quote]

If you don't include 3D games, then I can agree with that.[/quote]

yea I meant to put 2D in there. If 3D is included VF4 PWNs all

the SE in third strike are horrible for some reason. Leanancy is given for improved graphics and bright sprites compared to the DC version.

Hyper SSFII is not as good as hoped. Kassasvin hit the nail on the head(first impressions)

BTW the intro is in the top 5 intro's of all time. It is that awesome

[quote name='Scrubking']Can someone give me a quick review of Third Strike? Does it have a story like Alpha 3?[/quote]more like stories
Alpha 3 wasnt a tournament but rather just a bunch of characters doing their own thing(s)

anyone tried it with the HD Loader?

I put a good three and a half hours into it today. Mostly into Hyper. Hyper is not all that great for SP, but MP is going to rule

About the SFII animated movie, Chun-Li isn't nude. She has underwear on and I think a light shirt. It's pretty torn up after her fight though.

I just can't pass up a Street Fighter. When Street Fighter 3rd Strike came out on the Dreamcast.... I kept brusing off going to buy it. Especially since I was so intrigued w/ SFA 3 on the psx. However, by the time I realized I couldn't even find the game anymore. So this time, I'm not gonna miss out on the oportunity.

After playing it.. I loved it. Seems harder than I rember it.. Or maybe my skills have lessened. I just wish that they would have put the recordings of other matches on the game... and they need to create a player specific profile system.

Capcom owes the world a new Streetfighter game, w/ all the characters redrawn, reoutfitted, and together in one game.... (w/ at least 4 or 5 new characters) It's a lot to ask for... but Capcom owes this to fans of the series.

One Street Fighter to rule them all...

[quote name='Thomas96']I just can't pass up a Street Fighter. When Street Fighter 3rd Strike came out on the Dreamcast.... I kept brusing off going to buy it. Especially since I was so intrigued w/ SFA 3 on the psx. However, by the time I realized I couldn't even find the game anymore. So this time, I'm not gonna miss out on the oportunity.

After playing it.. I loved it. Seems harder than I rember it.. Or maybe my skills have lessened. I just wish that they would have put the recordings of other matches on the game... and they need to create a player specific profile system.

Capcom owes the world a new Streetfighter game, w/ all the characters redrawn, reoutfitted, and together in one game.... (w/ at least 4 or 5 new characters) It's a lot to ask for... but Capcom owes this to fans of the series.

One Street Fighter to rule them all...[/quote]

I agree with you on the difficulty. The game is really freakin hard. Harder than the last time I played it in the arcade

[quote name='Final Starman']About the SFII animated movie, Chun-Li isn't nude. She has underwear on and I think a light shirt. It's pretty torn up after her fight though.[/quote]

Wait isn't that what she's wearing after she gets out of the shower? Or...is the shower completely cut out??!?! I wish I could freaking get this game now, Im waiting for the hurricane to hurry its ass up.

bread's done
Back