Who'd like a Grandia remake?

EverNight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I know many people are rooting for a FF7 remake (wouldn't mind it myself) but at around the release of FF7 another (arguably better) RPG came out that never got much attention....GRANDIA.

Unfortunately its sequals never were as good as the original so don;t judge it based on those but the 1st game was great and I always felt the tech of the time hampered the game quite a bit. I'd love to see a full on 3D remake though it's not at all likely.

Anyone who's played it agree?

To those who haven't played it I HIGHLY recommend tracking down the PSX version and playing it if you like games like (FF4, Skies of Arcadia, or Lunar).

The sequels were good games, just not as good as the first one!

Even Grandia Xtreme, if you like dungeon crawlers, had some awesome stuff in it.

A remake would be nice, but Game Arts still needs to make Lunar 3 first.

I remember getting stuck in the first one and quitting. 2 & 3 were great I thought.

A remake would be cool, but I doubt it'll happen.

[quote name='2DMention']I remember getting stuck in the first one and quitting.[/QUOTE]

Try again. The game isn't very hard and is one of the best JRPGs.

Actually I liked Grandia 2 better (even though I played the PS2 version that had super slowdown, mostly just when walking around though, not in combat). I think the combat system was just really well refined for Grandia 2, and I enjoyed its theme of faith vs. religion. Might also help that I played Grandia 2 first.

Mind you, Grandia is still a fairly good game though. The ending was kind of bad in my opinion though
i.e. the I sacrificed myself to save everyone, but wait I magically came back to life, super happy ending.

Played Grandia Xtreme and couldn't really get into it, and I own but still haven't started Grandia III.

I liked Grandia more than any of the FF games. I would love a remake done right of this game. Never played any of them other than the first one though. I want to get 2 on the DC and Extreme.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']The battle system is not as good or revolutionary as people think. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

You're either full of shit or a troll. Sorry.

god i loved Grandia, i still have the weird postcard that flips into other postcards that came in the mail for this game. never played two, and three was okay. i would much have a remake of this than FF7, much better game.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']The battle system is not as good or revolutionary as people think. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

What JRPG has a better battle system? Even all these years later I wish I could plug Grandia's battle system into newer games because I don't think I've seen anything better yet.

Take Lost Odyssey, which isn't bad, but I'd prefer it had the Grandia battle system over the "ring" system it does have.

Although...As good as it was I think they made leveling up your spells a bit too EXTREME. I don't think I've ever gotten the final versions of some of them.

@iceBeast

Yeah Grandia II is certainly enjoyable, in large part because again the combat is actually fun but I do prefer Grandia. I like Justin's positive attitude better than Ryudo's pessimism. Ryudo seems more like a FF character :)

I think what I liked best about Grandia 2 was Millennia. She's what made the game worth playing for me.

I never liked the game because of its battle system. I just liked it because it was fun to play and the story. I don't know why but it made me think of the goonies.

Grandia has aged well so I don't think it really needs a remake but I would welcome one.

When I first played Grandia I was still new to the RPGs and it was harder than I remember. I'm doing a play through now and it's actually very easy. There's no need to grind but I still do it out of habit so I just dominate everything.

I wouldn't call the battle system "revolutionary" but it's still damn good when it comes to turn-based PS1 RPGs.

Those of us who preferred the Saturn to the PSX pinned many hopes on Grandia. I remember playing the import, not understanding a word of what was going on, and praying for a US release.

I started playing through it again like 12 months ago but I'm currently only 9 hours in, I should dig up that memory card and move it to my PS3.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You're either full of shit or a troll. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

I love that you don't waste time in reaching your point. :applause:

I'd definitely buy a Grandia remake on day one, but wouldn't feel the same about any other Grandia games. Grandia is still a fantastic game... Grandia II was fun though the game lacked the same sense of adventure, exploration, and fun the first one had.

Grandia III was decent but it felt really like a generic RPG with Grandia's battle system. And I simply could not beat the first boss on the second disc- the guy that was made up of a bunch of spheres or discs or something. I was doing fine until that point. I gave up and went back months later and just used a cheat device to finish the game. I'm glad I didn't bother with it because the second half was nothing spectacular.

bread's done
Back