Why Did Artists Like Busta Rhymes Stop Putting Out Good/at least original Music Video

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
s?

we all know that MTV doesn't show music anymore, but still I remember years ago when he switched over and started hanging with Puff Daddy's entourage and stopped making actual good videos. I'm talking about stuff like Dangerous, Put your hands where my eyes can see, Gimme some more, etc. Now his music is hardly the best rap, lyricly, etc. or anything super special, but it's always nice to turn off your brain here and there and listen to some good fluff. Still, he put out some of the strangest and most entertaining videos I had seen. Nowadays, all videos are alla the same. It's bullshit. Even if you turn on fuse (the only channel airing videos), they're all crap.

maybe since they're establish they don't need to try as hard or since they get bigger budgets for videos they don't need to innovate and just go along with whatever sold before.

[quote name='triforcer']maybe since they're establish they don't need to try as hard or since they get bigger budgets for videos they don't need to innovate and just go along with whatever sold before.[/quote]

But they don't do that. He once had some pretty funny videos, but now he's in with the rest as usual witht he bitches, the hoes, the boring decadence, money, cars (with spinners!:D), ghost riding, etc.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']He actually put out good music? Well that sure made me LOL....[/quote]
I never said good, please read the post next time. What i said was if you were ever in the mood for some fluff, then he put out some good stuff. mind you that his real early releases (before he showed up on MTV, etc.) are actually pretty good. he just went commercialized after that. He put out fun stuff to listen to that had a beat. Let's put it this way, good party jams, songs, beats, whatever and his music videos were very creative and visually interesting to watch. just looke up one of the three I mention; he's got elephants to yosemite sam in them.

Ahh I see what your saying now, discard the above message. It seems a lot of artists do that, which to me they basically sell out and go with the "trend" Which is usually the rides, the bitchies, the bling, the booze, and the cash.

I loved Busta until he went gangsta.

On the subject of the "light your ass on fire" video, Pharrell said Busta didn't want to be classified as "animated" anymore. If you notice, in that video, Busta wasn't the one being animated, his surroundings were. So that was really his last creative video, but even then he wanted to be taken more seriously.

Maybe it's just that he's getting older, or maybe it's that he wants more money. Whatever the reason, I think most people want the old Busta back.

EDIT: I'll also agree that his videos are still better than most (see below post).

[quote name='MadChedar0']He still makes hot videos in my opinion.[/quote]

I can't really name one though. That last I consider a good video from him, and this is a stretch, was Pass the Corvosier (again, not necessarily the music). Since then I can't really name either any of his music or any video of his that I cared for, liked, or thought was any good. Didn't he do a video with Mario Winans or some guy like that? I remember thinking that it was just a terrible video similar to Jagged Edge's "Where's the party at?"

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']
Maybe it's just that he's getting older, or maybe it's that he wants more money. Whatever the reason, I think most people want the old Busta back.
[/quote]

Old Busta is defintely more creative and entertaining IMO.

[quote name='johnmirra']with all the sampling in rap how can anone say its original[/QUOTE]
Most rap on the radio right now is original. All of that down south music... they ain't sampling anything. it's all drums and keyboards.
I also think artist can't afford those fancy videos anymore. I remember when Missy spent a $mil

[quote name='jetblac']Most rap on the radio right now is original. All of that down south music... they ain't sampling anything. it's all drums and keyboards.
I also think artist can't afford those fancy videos anymore. I remember when Missy spent a $mil[/quote]

Wasn't that for the video "I Can't Stand the Rain" where she wore big giant garbage bags? Still, if it's to promote their video and album for sales why not spend the money. That's the reason why Budweiser and Coke/Pepsi still pony up the money for those Superbowl Commercials even though they're pretty much household names and everyone knows them. It's for mindshare as well as many other things.

[quote name='jetblac']Most rap on the radio right now is original. All of that down south music... they ain't sampling anything. it's all drums and keyboards.
I also think artist can't afford those fancy videos anymore. I remember when Missy spent a $mil[/quote]

Most rap on the radio where I am is Dirty South and I can't stand most of that crap. I swear, if Hammer pants and dancing a fool on stage was popular agian, everyone would be doing that. There is little originality in commercial music. People do whatever sells and everyone else mimics that sound.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I can't really name one though. That last I consider a good video from him, and this is a stretch, was Pass the Corvosier (again, not necessarily the music). Since then I can't really name either any of his music or any video of his that I cared for, liked, or thought was any good. Didn't he do a video with Mario Winans or some guy like that? I remember thinking that it was just a terrible video similar to Jagged Edge's "Where's the party at?" [/QUOTE]
What's good is subjective, but his new videos are still good even though they're more realistic. His "Touch It" remix video is good, and the one where he has Rick James singing the chorus is another one... even though they're more real than fantasy.

OT: Where's a good place to party in LV. I'm going there next week.

[quote name='MadChedar0']What's good is subjective, but his new videos are still good even though they're more realistic. His "Touch It" remix video is good, and the one where he has Rick James singing the chorus is another one... even though they're more real than fantasy.

OT: Where's a good place to party in LV. I'm going there next week.[/quote]

To the OT Question, it just depends what you're into. Pretty much every hotel has one club or another, but if you need a limo service than I can't recommend National Transportation Services enough. Best one in town from my experience (CES, etc.).

bread's done
Back