Why did every single media outlet in America lie?

[quote name='CTLesq']No I am comparing your love of the PC groups de jure with a group that doens't have such widespread support.

So again are you going to embrace the child molester with open arms?

How tolerant are you going to be of him?[/quote]

Again, there is a difference, one presents a physical danger and threat to my children, if you make that comparison you must think homosexuals and atheists are dangerous, correct?

There is a material difference between a group that says they will kill you because of your race and another group that believes to be a member you must believe in a God (any God, so long as you believe).

A difference I recognized, but that doesn't invalidate the point.

I thought you were Canadian anyway. :D

Nope, I'm american. But which country I'm living in depends on the time of year.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Again, there is a difference, one presents a physical danger and threat to my children, if you make that comparison you must think homosexuals and atheists are dangerous, correct?
[/quote]

Not at all. Its about your tolerance. So you aren't tolerant of others who molest children?

And what if they were born that way?

[quote name='alonzomourning23']
A difference I recognized, but that doesn't invalidate the point.[/quote]

You are so blinded by your hatred.

[quote name='CTLesq']Not at all. Its about your tolerance. So you aren't tolerant of others who molest children?

And what if they were born that way?[/QUOTE]

Another ignorant argument by CTL...sad.

There is no reason to be tolerant of people who harm others. Atheists and gays do not harm anyone any more than christians and straights. You can't make a good argument so you make a ridiculous one. Bravo. :applause:

[quote name='alonzomourning23']That's ridiculous, molestors, by definition, harm others, homosexuals and athiests don't.[/QUOTE]

No, its about your level of tolerance.

Just admit you aren't tolerant of everyone.

Umm....... CTL......... I never claimed to tolerate everyone. In fact, if I may quote myself:

Besides, no one claims to be, or really even wants to be, tolerant of the intolerant. I don't hear many rants about how liberals don't tolerate the klan and other intolerant groups, obviously the two groups are in entirely different categories, but the point of not tolerating intolerance is still there.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Umm....... CTL......... I never claimed to tolerate everyone. In fact, if I may quote myself:[/QUOTE]

What you did was contradict yourself.

More to the point you have yet to state why you think you are entitled to be intolerant of a child molester who has done nothing to your children after he moves into your neighborhood.

Yet the Boy Scouts who are a PRIVATE values based organization don't want to include people who don't share their values as members and they are "intolerant".

Apparently you forgot the whole right to freedom of association.

[quote name='CTLesq']What you did was contradict yourself.

More to the point you have yet to state why you think you are entitled to be intolerant of a child molester who has done nothing to your children after he moves into your neighborhood.

Yet the Boy Scouts who are a PRIVATE values based organization don't want to include people who don't share their values as members and they are "intolerant".

Apparently you forgot the whole right to freedom of association.[/QUOTE]

Where did I contradict myself? And, I will state once again, molestor presents a danger to my children, or, at the very least, caused major damage to others children. Atheists and homosexuals have harmed no one (at least in way that can be blamed on them being atheists or homosexuals).

But that freedom of association is ridiculous, I said they should not be using schools for activities and to recruit, I never called for their banning. In fact, if I may quote myself again:

...........just like any private organization I can hate them all I want. I never said to forcefully close them down.

That statement could just as easily go towards the salvation army, PETA, ACLU, KKK, boy scouts etc. You can hate an organization without infringing on freedom of association, anyone can see that. And just because you are within the law (though the boy scouts are often arguable, especially when gaining school assistance), doesn't mean you are tolerant.

Yeah, the Boy Scouts are also intolerant of women... stupid intolerant Boy Scouts not letting girls into the organization ;)

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Where did I contradict myself? And, I will state once again, molestor presents a danger to my children, or, at the very least, caused major damage to others children. Atheists and homosexuals have harmed no one (at least in way that can be blamed on them being atheists or homosexuals).[/QUOTE]

Homosexuals could hurt my children's values. So therefor, homosexual groups are intolerant of my beliefs.

[quote name='dmpolska']Homosexuals could hurt my children's values. So therefor, homosexual groups are intolerant of my beliefs.[/QUOTE]

So you would condemn blacks for being intolerant of klan beliefs? That's a ridiculous comment, simply allowing different people, who are not going to harm your child, be around them is a problem to you? They're not going to make him gay. Tolerance is simply accepting differences as long as they aren't harming anyone, tolerance does not involve accepting violence, theft, and others intolerance.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']So you would condemn blacks for being intolerant of klan beliefs? That's a ridiculous comment, simply allowing different people, who are not going to harm your child, be around them is a problem to you? They're not going to make him gay. Tolerance is simply accepting differences as long as they aren't harming anyone, tolerance does not involve accepting violence, theft, and others intolerance.[/QUOTE]

No, you will hurt my children with your beliefs that go totally against everything I stand for and my religion. Why should I "accept differences" when IMO that difference is a sin?

[quote name='dmpolska']No, you will hurt my children with your beliefs that go totally against everything I stand for and my religion. Why should I "accept differences" when IMO that difference is a sin?[/QUOTE]

If you don't accept someone for a religion or an orientation that harms no one, then you are intolerant. The kid is not being forced to be gay, to think homosexuality is acceptable, hell the kid probably wouldn't even know the others gay unless an issue was made out of it. If your belief system can't survive being around gays, it's not very strong and wasn't going to last anyway. But if your group wants to be intolerant, they have no place in schools and other public institutions.

Though, I know of churches that accept gays. Hell, when gay marriage was legalized I walked by at least 2 churches in cambridge who put (on that announcement board churches often put outside) congratulation and welcoming messages on them.

[quote name='dmpolska']So I have to tolerate something I don't believe in, even if it doesn't hurt anyone?[/QUOTE]

For the most part, if you want to be considered tolerant, then yes. If you want to have the assistance of public institutions, then that definately should be the case.

[quote name='dmpolska']So I have to tolerate something I don't believe in, even if it doesn't hurt anyone?[/QUOTE]

Amazing how thats almost the definition of tolerance.... :roll:

bread's done
Back