why did they remove the memory card slots from XBOX 360 slim

S

starmask2k3

i was looking for them but couldn't find any why did M$ remove them what can i use to transfer my gamertag from my 360 to my friends or cuzz 360

Last edited:
i got a 16g usb too, thought i'm afraid to put game saves on there now -.- it said it was unformated (randomly after i formated it a month ago) so i tried to format it and it wouldn't work. i had to reformat it on my computer then format it for my 360, i dunno if it's just my usb or if it was a random error.

can i use the usb that came with the SR 2 ce to put my gamertag on it and use it on my friends or cuzz 360

[quote name='starmask2k3']can i use the usb that came with the SR 2 ce to put my gamertag on it and use it on my friends or cuzz 360[/QUOTE]

Yes as long as your profile will fit. and if you are talking about the Saints Row 2 CE then I think that thumbdrive has 512mb so you can fit your profile on that for sure.

if not, you can definitely get a thumb drive cheap nowadays.

$10 - $20 for all the space you would need for saves, if you want to install a game to the HD, maybe a bit more than that

[quote name='jab1235']i got a 16g usb too, thought i'm afraid to put game saves on there now -.- it said it was unformated (randomly after i formated it a month ago) so i tried to format it and it wouldn't work. i had to reformat it on my computer then format it for my 360, i dunno if it's just my usb or if it was a random error.[/QUOTE]
happend again! :drool:

Is it possible that it's just a crappy thumb drive? Are other people having this problem?

i don't know, i did get the message that it isn't optimized for the 360, so im almost 100% sure that's why. but it fixed it self this time so it's all good now.

Cheap drives lose file format system often (same with a failing HD)

There's no point in buying a cheap brand flash for this type of thing. Pay the extra $5 and get a proven reliable brand like Crucial.

Does this mean memory units are going to drop in price since everyone's using thumb/flash drives? I'm fine with my current Xbox 360, so I might get these just to back-up game saves/gamertag.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Does this mean memory units are going to drop in price since everyone's using thumb/flash drives? I'm fine with my current Xbox 360, so I might get these just to back-up game saves/gamertag.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they even really sell them anymore.

If you guys are curious on which flash drive is fastest, check out Jeff's video from achievement hunter. Pretty funny guys must say. In terms of the reason behind it, it could also be to them wanting a smaller form factor to for the new system as well. If you guys remember back in the day joystiq ran an article about the new 360 and they said there was no physical room for memory ports. I would say unless your big into downloading entire games to your Hard drive, you really don't need one anyway. USB is the way to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujSDOUSMHts

can u change the 360 HDD like the PS3 HDD

Not exactly @starmask2k3. With the PS3 you can swap it out on fly, or so i've been told with a little work. The Xbox has an enclosure around the actual drive which means you would need to disassemble the enclosure to even upgrade it. Also, with the new console, the hard drives are not compatible with the old models. So if you have an old hard drive on your old console, you can't use it on the new shiny S models.

can i change the slim 250GB HDD with a 500GB or higher HDD

[quote name='phoenixdown3']Not exactly @starmask2k3. With the PS3 you can swap it out on fly, or so i've been told with a little work. The Xbox has an enclosure around the actual drive which means you would need to disassemble the enclosure to even upgrade it. Also, with the new console, the hard drives are not compatible with the old models. So if you have an old hard drive on your old console, you can't use it on the new shiny S models.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw some videos of people removing the old model Xbox 360 hard drive's enclosure and putting it in the 4GB Xbox 360 S models hard drive port.

[quote name='starmask2k3']can i change the slim 250GB HDD with a 500GB or higher HDD[/QUOTE]

yes and no.
yes you can, but you'll need to flash it and break open the enclosure and void the warranty and risk getting banned on xbox live.

no... because u'll have to do all that. and only certain drives work as well.

[quote name='starmask2k3']can i change the slim 250GB HDD with a 500GB or higher HDD[/QUOTE]

When Microsoft makes a 500gb+ proprietary HDD, then yes.

bread's done
Back