Why Did You Pick Your Live Name?

My old roommate called me it one time. It's a take on my nickname "Rudy" and I guess what I put on my legs. It doesn't make much sense, but it's catchy.

I have a pin that says "Think lutefush!" that I got at a garage sale, and I just thought, and still do, that it was the coolest word ever.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']I'm OuTrAgE and I like pAjAmAs.[/quote]

Or you like old internet fads... I mean, AlTeRnAtInG CaPs and llama as your custom avatar thing? C'mon!

I'm like a two man team against people, so Mari0andLuigi it is... and I like many Nintendo games, so having their main man as my gamertag kind of fits.

I just wanted to go by the name I've been using online for quite sometime-- but when I first signed up, Someone had already taken KwanzaaTimmy.. :(, and I was a bit drunk, so I misspelled and put a 1 in it. So.. now thats why its my name :)

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']kudos to anyone who knows where i got mine from.

hint: Going Tribal[/quote]

Bio-dome? with pauly shore? lol

CokeCola and variations are the only net names I've ever used. I guess I like Coke, and there was a can sitting on my desk whenever I was thinking up a name for that first message board.

Brak + Hax0r = Brax0r

(Note that I think the whole "leet" shit is extremely stupid, so it's a bit of a joke...)

You'd be surprised by how many people think my gamertag is "Baxter", or that it has a zero because "Braxor" was taken -- which it was after I had Brax0r. :'[

XBox 360 is next gen. Next gen is X. Scorch. Scorch X. Just kidding, but sounds pretty believable.

I'm terribly uncreative.

Back in the day my sister's boyfriend and I would watch Under Siege 2 all the time to annoy my sister. The 13 is because I was born on the 13th. I wish I had read brak's suggestion (casey ryebread) as I would have used that instead.

Old high school nickname. I came up with something much better a few weeks later, but I'm not willing to spend $10 to change it at this point...

Arrested Development is my favorite TV show, so I took the Bluth name for the first part. The 54 is a reference to the first Godzilla film coming out in 1954.

Mine's easy enough but just in case

Linkin = Because I love Linkin Park
Prime = Because I love Optimus Prime/Transformers

LinkinPrime = Sounds badass

A couple of years ago when I lived in a dorm at the University of North Florida, we played Halo 2 over the network all the time. My favorite way to kill someone was to come down from up top (like Batman) and I would always say "I'm Batman" like Michael Keaton in the first movie. This became my gimmick and I would go all out with it.

Throw a sticky grenade, "Got somethin' in my utility belt for ya." Ghost = Batcycle, Warthog = Batmobile; you get the idea. The guys in the dormatory thought it was pretty funny (I was the only gimmick IIRC) and always asked where I lived (you can guess my response).

Oh, Batman is also bad ass and the "R" comes from my first name, Robby. Although, I do kinda want to change my gamertag.

I picked mine a long time ago as a contraction of MechaGodzilla and the Fenris Wolf. I got the idea from the "mechastriesand" episode of South Park. :lol:

So the name stuck... and it's weird enough that I don't have to be "mechafenris1293812" or something like that. ;)

"I collect spores, molds, and fungus.."

In gym class in high school, I got pissed at my friend and wanted to call him something especially mean and nasty. For some reason, the only words that came out of my mouth was Peenil Wivil.

We thought it was farkin hilarious, and I've been using variations of it on the net for the past seven years.

I got mine from my Halo fanboyism. I love all things Halo, but I didn't want something so obvious. I went with the "puma" reference from RvB. Since "Puma" was already taken, I went through the random name generation on Xbox Live. LunaticPuma was the only one that was random, but made some sort of sense. In keeping with the Halo themes, my wife's gamertag is "Rampant Puma." People always ask us if we're related when we play together. It's really funny.

P.S. Almost no one on Xbox Live understands how to pronounce the word lunatic. They always say "lune-attic" instead of "luna-tic."

Levitation Homz - From "Wonderboy" by Tenacious D.

"What powers you ask? I dunno, how 'bout the power of flight?
That do anything for ya? That's levitation, homes."

Mine is a nickname I was given in the military. My last name is Neuman and one of my NCO's took off "man" and added "dog", hence neudog.

bread's done
Back