Why oh Why won't they bring the Ceramic White over here?

BrerDan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Or any of the other colors they showed in press pics at E3 when the PSP was first shown?

As it is, I keep putting off getting a PSP and getting more and more in depth with my DS. If I am going to shell out $199 or more for a system, I want to at least get it in a color I like. I can understand not having a zillion colors--but they already make the white one!!!

*sigh*

Import one. They're fairly import-friendly and will play any game from any region. UMD Movies are region-locked though.

I thought about that, but as a Cheap Ass Gamer, I really want to get full functionality out of a purchase of $200-$300 (for my salary, that is a LOT of money). Not being able to watch the UMDs does matter to me, as that *is* a feature of the PSP (even if a less important one to me).

I still just don't understand Sony's reluctance to distribute another color in the US.

[quote name='dementia_']Import one. They're fairly import-friendly and will play any game from any region. UMD Movies are region-locked though.[/QUOTE]

I think the white is weird looking. I mean I just dont think the psp was ever ment to be another color besides the black.

I have a white one and I love the fact that no one else has one that's my color.

whiterabbitpress.com, has the Ceramic White PSP for $250 shipped.

Same price if you got the value pack in America for a black colored one.

[quote name='Grugger']I have a white one and I love the fact that no one else has one that's my color.

whiterabbitpress.com, has the Ceramic White PSP for $250 shipped.

Same price if you got the value pack in America for a black colored one.[/QUOTE]

Does the white one still have a black battery? I noticed that in every picture I've seen for it, the battery is black.

And I don't think importing one will be too much more after Sony cuts the price. It'll only be like $170 in Japan (much less than the NA and European price cuts).

[quote name='Vinny']Does the white one still have a black battery? I noticed that in every picture I've seen for it, the battery is black.

And I don't think importing one will be too much more after Sony cuts the price. It'll only be like $170 in Japan (much less than the NA and European price cuts).[/QUOTE]

You don't see the battery......

Like-Sang has a bunch of faceplate replacements, but they are damn expensive.

$35 for a hunk of plastic? WTF? And that's without the buttons!

well never got the white or silver PS2 system... doubt we'll ever see a white PSP on our shores...

Sony should take notes from Nintendo, people like colors & choice...

[quote name='Quackzilla']Like-Sang has a bunch of faceplate replacements, but they are damn expensive.

$35 for a hunk of plastic? WTF? And that's without the buttons![/quote]
No backplates either, and I'd hate to have a half and half PSP.

[quote name='BrerDan']I thought about that, but as a Cheap Ass Gamer, I really want to get full functionality out of a purchase of $200-$300 (for my salary, that is a LOT of money). Not being able to watch the UMDs does matter to me, as that *is* a feature of the PSP (even if a less important one to me).

I still just don't understand Sony's reluctance to distribute another color in the US.[/quote]

Yeah, but you can watch all the movies from www.play-asia.com . :D

[quote name='Quackzilla']Like-Sang has a bunch of faceplate replacements, but they are damn expensive.

$35 for a hunk of plastic? WTF? And that's without the buttons![/QUOTE]

I gotta admit though, even at that price and only having half of the case colored, it would be cool to have a black and red PSP.

bread's done
Back