WHY WONT YAHOO WORK?!

MasterLin1

CAGiversary!
Sorry for the caps, but my yahoo email account isnt working correctly. None of the buttons work. Reply, delete, check all, nothing! They just updated the email layout so I'm guessing thats the reason, but I'm really pissed off because I HAVE TO REPLY to a email I got saying I won a contest. Its a legit contest, it was held by Hasbro, and I have to respond in the next day. Anyone care to explain WHY it wont work?

try clearing your temp internet folder. also I think Yahoo has both a flash based interface and a straight html version.

it you;re having trouble actually just getting to your email try logging at the regular yahoo.com instead of the my.yahoo.com, they offer a email link there on the top right of the page.

Good luck on getting that email response in time!

already emptied out my temp folder, and i only login through the reguluar yahoo.com...

damn you yahoo, I'm changing my homepage to www.msn.com

go M$!!!

can anyone verify my claims?

I just sent an email not more than 15 minutes ago so it;s not a problem for me. At what point do the buttons stop working for you? when you hit the button to access the email page?

I agree though with eldad9, maybe you should try the mozilla firefox browser. It's only like a 5 mb download.

None of the buttons work for me

I tried deleting messages, composing, replying, nothing. When I click them nothing happens, and I know something is wrong with them because when I put my cursor over it, there's no url of any kind shown in the status bar of IE.

Luckily, I had my cousin access my account and send a reply back, but thanks for your help guys!

[quote name='MasterLin1']already emptied out my temp folder, and i only login through the reguluar yahoo.com...

go M$!!!

can anyone verify my claims?[/quote]

You're an idiot.

You're using an unstable, insecure browser (microsoft's fault) and when something goes wrong, instead of blaming the browser you choose to blame the site that provides you a free service.

With people like you, no wonder microsoft's so profitable.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='MasterLin1']already emptied out my temp folder, and i only login through the reguluar yahoo.com...

go M$!!!

can anyone verify my claims?[/quote]

You're an idiot.

You're using an unstable, insecure browser (microsoft's fault) and when something goes wrong, instead of blaming the browser you choose to blame the site that provides you a free service.

With people like you, no wonder microsoft's so profitable.[/quote]

#1. Its called sarcasm.

#2 Calling me an idiot? Nice personal attack

#3 I've had nothing but good experiences with Microsoft, so I have nothing bad to speak of about them.

#4. I've been using IE for years, and have had no problems personally, so from my personal experience, why would I try any other browser, or blame the browser itself.

#5. Notice I even called them M$? Shoulda caught onto that joke.

#6. Nice try. Please keep the flaming to a medium to low heat.

In a way, the 100 MB mailbox is useful, but I hate the new interface. I have to wait for the email/page to finish loading before I can delete the message. So within the first 5 seconds, I can identify which messages I want to delete, but still have to wait for the page to finish loading before the delete button would work for me

[quote name='MasterLin1']
#3 I've had nothing but good experiences with Microsoft, so I have nothing bad to speak of about them.

#4. I've been using IE for years, and have had no problems personally, so from my personal experience, why would I try any other browser, or blame the browser itself.
[/quote]

if you've had only good experiences with them, you're the only one. more likely you're not aware of bad experiences, either because they lowered your expectations so much, or because you didn't really understand the experience you did have.

For example, is this the first web site that didn't work right for you?

Weren't you ever curious about other browsers?

IE is a mess of security holes. It's likely that every day you get spam - originated by windows machines taken over through security holes, a good number of them likely in IE. Are you sure your machine isn't spamming right now?

here's something from last week:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=117316298&eid=-255

No. First, the site worked, just not a certain feature.

Second: Akamai was hit by a distributed denial of service attack launched from COMPROMISED WINDOWS MACHINES.

Microsoft is still the guilty party. Amazing how you guys stand by them time and time again.

All i have 2 say is you all need 2 calm down, yea so yahoo is having a few problem wit the new email but just give them a little time damn!! they are giving you 100 MB!!! That is 50 times the size of hotmail!!!!! All for free. So just stop ur bitchin and give yahoo a day to work it all out.

bread's done
Back