Wii component cables $19.99 @ Gamecrazy

bostonfrontier

CAG Newbie
I went into Gamecrazy B & M today to look for a Wii games and saw that they were selling Wii component cables for $19.99 so I picked them up.......... this is the cheapest I could find anywhere for these

I have the madcatz component cables and they work fine for the wii. I've have bad experiences with other cheap cables but these seem to be good. Ebgames sales them for $50.

I got my madcatz cables for 15 from Rhino and have had no problems with them, I had to have something besides the supplied composite cables... I dont think there will be too much of a difference

do they work on TVs that have component input but are not HDTV? I had that problem with the 360 Component cables where my TV would not give a proper picture.

[quote name='sandrokstar']do they work on TVs that have component input but are not HDTV? I had that problem with the 360 Component cables where my TV would not give a proper picture.[/QUOTE]
Yep, you just won't be able to have progressive scan with a non-HD TV.

[quote name='sandrokstar']do they work on TVs that have component input but are not HDTV? I had that problem with the 360 Component cables where my TV would not give a proper picture.[/QUOTE]
To fix that, flip the switch on the 360 component cables to TV, and it'll look very good over component. As good as 480i can look, really.

[quote name='mkelehan']To fix that, flip the switch on the 360 component cables to TV, and it'll look very good over component. As good as 480i can look, really.[/QUOTE]

problem with the madcatz version is that it didn't have that switch, so i had to get rid of it and go with the Microsoft brand. I dont want to make that same mistake again with the Wii.

My guess is that if you have component inputs on your tv, you have an EDTV, which does support progressive scan. EDTV supports 480i/p, but not 720 or 1080 (which are both HD). I don't know of any SDTV that has component inputs.

[quote name='mkelehan']To fix that, flip the switch on the 360 component cables to TV, and it'll look very good over component. As good as 480i can look, really.[/quote]

are you saying that component cables increase 480i picture quality no matter what?

I been checking my TVs, none of them support 480p

Yes, Svideo and Component are much better than Composite, with Svideo being in the middle and Component being the best you can get as far as analog video goes (asside from analog VGA).

I went into GameCrazy today and saw it priced for $14.99! I asked the employee if it was $14.99 and he said yes. He rung it up and said my total. I thought it was odd and looked at the receipt. It rang up as $19.99. I asked if he was going to honor the pricetag and his word but he said no. Meh. Refunded...

[quote name='Kirra']I went into GameCrazy today and saw it priced for $14.99! I asked the employee if it was $14.99 and he said yes. He rung it up and said my total. I thought it was odd and looked at the receipt. It rang up as $19.99. I asked if he was going to honor the pricetag and his word but he said no. Meh. Refunded...[/quote]

You should have taken it up with a manager. My local Game Crazy has always honored incorrect price tags. It's their fault, not yours.

he's right i had to sell a $40 controller for $14.99 because the new guy put it back in the wrong place. he doesn't work at my store any more.

[quote name='rokkon']My guess is that if you have component inputs on your tv, you have an EDTV, which does support progressive scan. EDTV supports 480i/p, but not 720 or 1080 (which are both HD). I don't know of any SDTV that has component inputs.[/QUOTE]

There are A LOT of old TVs that have component but are not EDTV. I know plenty of people(including myself) who have that setup.

My $120 SDTV that I got a few years ago has Component inputs. It just looks brighter, sharper, better color than even S-Video. I usually use it for my gaming.

[quote name='M1C13']he's right i had to sell a $40 controller for $14.99 because the new guy put it back in the wrong place. he doesn't work at my store any more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got a copy of Zone of the Enders 2 for eight bucks at my local GameCrazy under the same circumstances.

I'll have to stop by to see if they have any cables on my way home tonight-- I've been looking all over the place, and the only time I've seen a set was when Circuit City had their sixty dollar PsyClone cables.

[quote name='anderton']You should have taken it up with a manager. My local Game Crazy has always honored incorrect price tags. It's their fault, not yours.[/quote]

Yeah... too bad that Game Crazy is kinda out of my way. But thanks for the tip anyway. next time theres a wrong price I'll take it up with the manager.. if he/she is therer =d.

[quote name='rokkon']Yes, Svideo and Component are much better than Composite, with Svideo being in the middle and Component being the best you can get as far as analog video goes (asside from analog VGA).[/quote]

does it matter what kind of inputs my TV accepts?

as far as i know, its always been the standard yellow/white/red

I just ordered component cables from the Nintendo onlne store earlier this week and they were shipped within a day or two. I don't think there is any need to go with third party cables right now.

[quote name='dmonk']does it matter what kind of inputs my TV accepts?

as far as i know, its always been the standard yellow/white/red[/quote]

If it only accepts the standard yellow/white/red, then composite is the best you're going to get on that tv. If you plan on getting a new tv anytime soon or plan on hooking it up to any other tvs that have component connections, component is the way to go as far as the Wii is concerned.

You can't force Svideo or component into composite and get improved quality. If your tv only has composite, then you're stuck with it for now. :whistle2:#

[quote name='rokkon']If it only accepts the standard yellow/white/red, then composite is the best you're going to get on that tv. If you plan on getting a new tv anytime soon or plan on hooking it up to any other tvs that have component connections, component is the way to go as far as the Wii is concerned.

You can't force Svideo or component into composite and get improved quality. If your tv only has composite, then you're stuck with it for now. :whistle2:#[/quote]

k thanks just makin sure!

bread's done
Back