Wii console @ Amazon - £72 or cheaper possibly!?

Rubenite

CAG Veteran
[UPDATE: ALSO INCLUDES "XBOX CONSOLES"!]

Here's a deal to look out for possibly starting this monday (22th November).

Amazon UK are doing a series of 'Black Friday Week' deals:

www.amazon.co.uk/blackfriday

No details have yet been announced of the deals we can expect EXCEPT for the following:

[UPDATED]

"We'll have over 300 deals, including:
The Take That ‘Progress' CD for £1 will be released at 9am on Monday
50% off Sony TVs
50% off RRP Raleigh bicycles
Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
Over 70% off Orchira pearl jewellery
Over 50% off Sony Blu-ray players
Over 60% off RRP Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
Over 60% off Flip Mino High Def Camcorders
Over 60% off Nintendo Wii consoles"

Amazon are currently selling the standard wii console with wii sports + resort for £139.99, which is 22% off their stated RRP of £179.99.

60% off an RRP of £179.99 would result in a price of £71.99!

How much will "more than 60%" be? Will this apply to the red wii?

As for the Xbox, 60% off could mean as little as £59 for the 4GB, or £79.99 for the 250GB!

Amazon state that more information will be announced over the next five days before the deals begin, so watch this space for conformation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else gunning for Vanquish? It's already at £20.00, so looks like it'll go for maybe a tenner.

[quote name='Kohlstream']How the hell can a £375 coffee maker sell out in 3 seconds?

Edit: I clicked on the coffee maker product page and the price has gone back up to £700+ and it says its in stock...do you think the sale page script is borked?[/QUOTE]

I think they are only allocating a certain number of their stock for the deals.
Otherwise, if they put everything they had it could take them a while to restock an item and lose out of future sales.

That's a really poor deal I thought the whole point was you couldn't get it cheaper

Practically no chance on a 360 but guess I will still try, hope the steam deals are better

Glad I have here to discuss this, the comments on Amazon are terrible, the number of people buying to sell and just insulting people left right and centre when they comment on that is insane.

I click the Wii deal, and get stuck in a "Waiting in the (nonexistant) Queue" loop. Wow. (Twitter copypaste lol.)

Didn't get a black wii, but did manage to get the £50 white one. Quite pleased, as it'll make a nice gift.

Or I could be a bit of a git and eBay it to make a nice profit...

Can hardly believe it, but I actually got a black wii for £50.

Was ready to click for the mystery deal (obvious answer looking back, lol) and was in queue for the white wii... waited for a minute, clicked on another window assuming I'd not got it (I waited a good 2 seconds or so before clicking add to basket - figured that was too long for a deal where they must have like 10-20 in stock).

Then I think I refreshed the page or something and a black wii had appeared that definitely wasn't there before, everything else was greyed out and sold out, but the black wii said 16% claimed.

Awesome!

I'm confused, I didn't see any deals like this? Wtf?

I hope they don't stealth the 360s...

They gave every other deal a time WAY AHEAD of the fact - and put them in the correct catagory. What did they do for the Wiis? I need to know what to look for on Weds (I think that's when the 360 deal might be).

Dammit, missed both the white and black wii :<
Managed to get SuBo's new album for a crimbo prezzie though :/

Wouldn't mind that watch though....

They left a criptic message Steadiest, don't think anyone knew what it was gonna be.

Where was this message? I need to know for the 360... >_>

Did where did you guys (that succeeded) click? I thought I had this deal-system down...but evidently not...

The message was located under a ? mark circle, think it was Time the last piggy went home. How the hell that is meant to relate to a Wii, i'm not quite sure.

The 3 little piggies - apparently it goes Wii wii wii wii all the way home or something >_>

So basically, contrary to the earlier deals - they didn't even put it in the Video games catagory?

How much warning time did they give you to participate?? Other deals have given you 7 hours-ish on average.

I caught Just Dance...or whatever it was called...and then promptly threw it back into the ocean.

Can't believe I slept through the wii deals. That was the one i was waiting for. What time did they go up? I really hope they do a deal for the red wiis also.

Damn only just looked at this post as it had Wii in title but doesn't interest me at all then find out it's actually about Amazon Black Friday!

I finally get it I had a look yday and didn't really understand it clicked the links on the left and ended up at the regular amazon pages and just thought the prices were meh.

Now I see what you have to do lol!

edit:

Just been reading through some of the related threads on amazon it's amazing how angry people get when they miss a deal loads of people abusing each other.

looks like they repeating some of the deals on a daily basis had the bikes dance central choclates etc to name a few repeated today .

Yeah so they have so few in a deal that its practically impossible to win one yet put it up again so people could win multiples, thats nuts.

I think they are just putting up the ones that people won but did not buy. Hence the re-listings of preivous items.

Yeah, the whole mystery item thing is kinda dumb - people click but then quickly realise that they don't want it. (Myself included with that whole Just Dance thing)

I really wanted that coffee machine... of course, I clicked "add to basket" as soon as it appeared (less than a second), and it just hung on the "waiting in queue" message. So, I never got it.... although no doubt lots of people who didn't care just added it to their basket for the sake of it.

Not a fan of this system.

Next year Amazon, don't tell people what's going to be on offer beforehand - only reveal what's on offer when the timer expires.

[quote name='John']I really wanted that coffee machine... of course, I clicked "add to basket" as soon as it appeared (less than a second), and it just hung on the "waiting in queue" message. So, I never got it.... although no doubt lots of people who didn't care just added it to their basket for the sake of it.

Not a fan of this system.[/QUOTE]

Ah but now you have up to 15 minutes to pay for the item supposedly, and if you havent by then then it goes back to people who are still queuing.

Oh no, thats what amazon.com are doing, well sensible on their part at least.

[quote name='PhaperPlane']Next year Amazon, don't tell people what's going to be on offer beforehand - only reveal what's on offer when the timer expires.[/QUOTE]

That will not fix this cruddy system, if anything it'll make it worse since people will just sit ready to add basket whatever appears without even looking at it, at least this way some people will not bother to click on all offers.

What they need do is not announce when the price drops will occur or on what items, that way people randomly checking might get a chance and people wouldn't be buying items just because of the offer, they would need an interest in it before hand and check it and be lucky to spot the sale.

one of the hidden items comes up in 40 ish minute wonder what we get this time ( last item was nice little item for the bedroom that was a toshiba 19" tv )

[quote name='Predator-X']What they need do is not announce when the price drops will occur or on what items, that way people randomly checking might get a chance and people wouldn't be buying items just because of the offer, they would need an interest in it before hand and check it and be lucky to spot the sale.[/QUOTE]

That or they could keep the current countdown system but just tell people the discounted prices before the stuff is available, that way people know if they want it or not.

[quote name='Predator-X']That will not fix this cruddy system, if anything it'll make it worse since people will just sit ready to add basket whatever appears without even looking at it, at least this way some people will not bother to click on all offers.

What they need do is not announce when the price drops will occur or on what items, that way people randomly checking might get a chance and people wouldn't be buying items just because of the offer, they would need an interest in it before hand and check it and be lucky to spot the sale.[/QUOTE]

They already are clicking everything no matter, they are even playing a game to see how much people can have got in their basket by midnight !

[quote name='paspinall']They already are clicking everything no matter, they are even playing a game to see how much people can have got in their basket by midnight ![/QUOTE]

It's a vicious cycle if people wern't feeding the trolls they would disappear.

I grabbed the Dragon tattoo trilogy hard back set, pretty pleased with that as my mums a big fan so will be made up for xmas :)

missed out on vanquish for a tenner though :(

Would quite like one of those logitech keyboards too for the right price in 40 mins!

[quote name='WKD']It's a vicious cycle if people wern't feeding the trolls they would disappear.

I grabbed the Dragon tattoo trilogy hard back set, pretty pleased with that as my mums a big fan so will be made up for xmas :)

missed out on vanquish for a tenner though :(

Would quite like one of those logitech keyboards too for the right price in 40 mins![/QUOTE]

Glad you got something you were after, I did manage the early deal this morning for Lewis, of which my dad is a fan, I dont think i will end up getting my christmas present from my parents for cheap (Want an Xbox this year) but we shall see

Pretty upset that I missed out on the Wii deal also. What do you reckon the chances are that they'll repeat it later in the week?

Grats to those who got one!

Today's deals seemed a bit lacklustre...

i agree todays were lackluster hope the next lot of deals are better roll on the xbox 360 console deal hope its the slim one

bread's done
Back