Wii console @ Amazon - £72 or cheaper possibly!?

Rubenite

CAG Veteran
[UPDATE: ALSO INCLUDES "XBOX CONSOLES"!]

Here's a deal to look out for possibly starting this monday (22th November).

Amazon UK are doing a series of 'Black Friday Week' deals:

www.amazon.co.uk/blackfriday

No details have yet been announced of the deals we can expect EXCEPT for the following:

[UPDATED]

"We'll have over 300 deals, including:
The Take That ‘Progress' CD for £1 will be released at 9am on Monday
50% off Sony TVs
50% off RRP Raleigh bicycles
Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
Over 70% off Orchira pearl jewellery
Over 50% off Sony Blu-ray players
Over 60% off RRP Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
Over 60% off Flip Mino High Def Camcorders
Over 60% off Nintendo Wii consoles"

Amazon are currently selling the standard wii console with wii sports + resort for £139.99, which is 22% off their stated RRP of £179.99.

60% off an RRP of £179.99 would result in a price of £71.99!

How much will "more than 60%" be? Will this apply to the red wii?

As for the Xbox, 60% off could mean as little as £59 for the 4GB, or £79.99 for the 250GB!

Amazon state that more information will be announced over the next five days before the deals begin, so watch this space for conformation!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paspinall']oh well not so bothered by the 360, thought it was going to be the 250Gb and its not.[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that?

[quote name='SteadiestShark']I'm pretty sure that the weds 4pm mystery deal is going to be PSP Go! -related. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah is an obvious clue. I don't really want one, I may try for it and resell though after I play MGS Peace Walker, the only game on the console I wouldn't mind playing.

So far I don't think the 360-deal is listed for tomorrow.

I'm presuming that the remaining mystery items are: a laptop of sorts, a blu ray player of sorts - and some toy camera or something.

I think Back to the Future Blu ray trilogy will be one of the hidden items. McFly is too big a clue, and I doubt it is related the band.

[quote name='SteadiestShark']What makes you say that?[/QUOTE]

The PDF thats out on the internet, the 4Gb is listed not the 250.

Still want one of the 4GB ones, has anyone heard of bans from using the older hard drives?

It involves removing the casing on the old hard drive but no other modification

[quote name='goatmonkey']Still want one of the 4GB ones, has anyone heard of bans from using the older hard drives?

It involves removing the casing on the old hard drive but no other modification[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're 100% safe using an old 360 hard drive with the 360 S. As long as it's an official 360 drive, you'll be fine.

[quote name='SteadiestShark']Wait, is there an easy, official way to get old hard drives to work?

Or do you have to do backhanded modifications?[/QUOTE]

You can just take off the casing and the drive will fit using the standard SATA drive connections. It won't be held in securely, though.

Ah gotcha.

Hmmm...decisions decisions. (Silly thing to say, considering how unlikely obtaining anything is with these offers)

Does the 4gb slim 360 have any differences to the 250gb slim 360?

I've heard that it has a matte finish instead (which I prefer)...

I think aside from the gloss vs matte finish - it is just the hard drive size.

4gb = matte, 250gb = gloss (aka. fingerprint magnet).

looks like the xbox console deals going to happen @ 9pm on friday , so good luck everyone just hope this is a good deal

[quote name='D4ND4R3']looks like the xbox console deals going to happen @ 9pm on friday , so good luck everyone just hope this is a good deal[/QUOTE]

It'll be a good deal, but it'll probably sell out within a tenth of a second.

[quote name='John']It'll be a good deal, but it'll probably sell out within a tenth of a second.[/QUOTE]

More like a nano second lol. Won't stop me trying though!

[quote name='jrwagh333']Any tips on how to get these deals before they sell out? - Do people have "1-click" buying on?[/QUOTE]

Makes no difference, you only have to click once to get it in to your basket anyway.

Are people on the product page waiting for it to refresh? - Or on the Amazon homepage watching the countdown for the "unknown item"?

Missed out on all 3 of the console deals there at the end. I don't know how people are getting them I clicked asap.

[quote name='Exu']How many 360s were Amazon selling just then, one? Utterly ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

from that list of sorts thta was posted back, we could argue 500
which is nothing considering half of online europe was busy playing "wack-a-mole" on their left mouse button...

[quote name='Exu']Actually had three laptops ready in this house lol. All hung on "waiting in the queue".[/QUOTE]

being from a unique "line" those laptops were showing up with the same ip, i suppose. so i suppose the first click though effectively "blocked" the other 2... at least it should be that way
too popular, too few on offer. But hey, that was a KILLER offer so who can argue at that?

Some people were reporting multiple computers in the same house using the same amazon account all getting items so damn them, funnily enough I didnt get an xbox either.

got a PSP Go since I only have the oldest PSP, shame - I was expecting it to drop lower than that tbh, but still a good deal with the 10 free games

They should have blocked foreign IPs or made it clear only shipping to UK, UK people were competing against people from all over the world.

[quote name='Predator-X']They should have blocked foreign IPs or made it clear only shipping to UK, UK people were competing against people from all over the world.[/QUOTE]

actually amazon.co.uk ships to most of europe, even worldwide (if you agree to pay the shipmente price, of course). so what you say is pretty uncorrect

bread's done
Back