Wii Fit - $79 at Deep Discount

I've only bought DVDs from them, not games and not something new in a bigger box like this, but despite hearing tons of horrendous things I have never had a problem with them. Things take a few days to ship, but Amazon and B&N do the same with their free shipping.

Only thing is that if you cancel an order once it's already headed to the warehouse, they can't stop it and you have to go throug hthe return hassle.

Their shipping time can be down right awful (in fact, I'm still waiting on an order that was "shipped" last Thursday), but if I get a good price from them, I pull the trigger.

People complain about DD for no good reason. Shipping is not any worse than the other major online retailers. Not to mention there is no minimum purchase amount for free shipping at DD. I order from DD all the time and have never had any problems. You shouldn't buy things online with free shipping if you want it the next day.

yeah, i have to agree their shipping time is horrible, i wouldn't buy anything from them if i wanted it quickly. Regardless, i buy things from them when they are a good price.. fortunately, i already preordered this on amazon for $69.99 when it was online.
i guess there's always a chance you can get it super early, didn't they get in trouble for shipping out the harry potter book too early?

You shouldn't buy things online with free shipping if you want it the next day.

No kidding. DDD's shipping is only "slow" if you think 7-10 days is slow. The flip side is their prices on DVDs typically cannot be beat. So it's a trade-off, and I agree with you completely, the "poor reviews" are typically from people who think their title ought to come in within a few days.

It's pretty easy -- don't buy it from there if you need it NOW. If you don't care and want to save a few bucks, it's definitely worth it.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']No kidding. DDD's shipping is only "slow" if you think 7-10 days is slow. The flip side is their prices on DVDs typically cannot be beat. So it's a trade-off, and I agree with you completely, the "poor reviews" are typically from people who think their title ought to come in within a few days.

It's pretty easy -- don't buy it from there if you need it NOW. If you don't care and want to save a few bucks, it's definitely worth it.[/quote]

I am talking 2weeks and more. I would love to receive something from them within 10 days.

As long as I get something within three weeks, I'm happy. I haven't been spoiled by Amazon Prime yet.

Of course, this assumes that a product is significantly cheaper, somewhere around 20% lower.

In my experience, they're only slow on media, and I think that's because they use media mail? I ordered a couple Uno games from them over Christmas, and those came fairly quickly since they can't be sent medial mail.

Since Wii Fit can't be sent Media Mail either, because of the board, I'm assuming it would arrive faster than most of their stuff usually does.... but don't quote me on that :p

I agree, their free shipping on DVDs and the like is really bad, worse that the free shipping from most places, but hey - it's free, and if I'm buying from them it's because the prices are cheap, so not going to complain

[quote name='kevzik']I am talking 2weeks and more. I would love to receive something from them within 10 days.[/QUOTE]
you must live out in the middle of nowhere. every time i've ordered from them i've received my items within a week. if you guys want quick shipping, PAY for it. people complain about everything these days. free shipping? boo! it takes too long! WTF?!

I'll wait for Amazon to restock them, as I'm sure they will probably be cheaper at some point and ship faster than Deep Discount.

[quote name='tek2k']you must live out in the middle of nowhere. every time i've ordered from them i've received my items within a week. if you guys want quick shipping, PAY for it. people complain about everything these days. free shipping? boo! it takes too long! WTF?![/quote]

Actually I live in CA...

Its not only their shipping methods, but there processing time as well. There is no excuse for it. On top of that my last order had no form of tracking so they simply guessed while talking to me on the phone. Now if you really want to extend this argument, I can post my order history.

Maybe I am spoiled with amazon prime, but bb offers free shipping on certain items and their shipping time doesn't seem to decline.

CAGS probably understand the free shipping concept better than the average online consumer. We get free shipping isn't comparable to 3day or whatever, but that doesn't mean they can take as long as they choose.

Its not a coincidence nor is it whiney CAGS "complaining." Its service thats needs to improve, period.

umm....i order from dell all the time and i get my shipments in about 2 business days for big items and 3-4 for all other. and that's free shipping by just ordering 130 or more from them. one of their distribution points is memphis, which is beautiful.

i don't think i have EVER had to wait over 5 days....

and off topic, but if you place an order with dell, you can call them before they ship it and simply tell them that you forgot to put quicker shipping on it because (i always use someone's birthday) and they'll adjust it if it hadn't went to the warehouse. so you can get 2 day fedex instead of standard DHL (which can benefit if you hate DHL, like me!)

What do you guys not understand about DDD? Comparing it to Dell? Amazon? Amazon PRIME?? Seriously, are you all noobs or what?

DDD ships everything MEDIA MAIL, so therefore it takes its time getting to you, if you understand the US Postal System works.

When you say it's a service that "needs to improve" I couldn't disagree more. They always use the slowest/cheapest form of USPS shipping so they save you money on the actual product, and they've been operating the same way for the last 10 years.

Therefore, if you need the game in a TIMELY MANNER I would never order anything from them. If you want to save a few bucks and don't mind waiting a few more days, it's worth taking a chance on.

I've ordered probably hundreds of DVDs from them. It can take up to a couple of weeks in the worst circumstances for me on the East Coast because that's how MEDIA MAIL operates, and if titles are backordered, it can take longer. But I've always gotten what I've ordered, I've never had an issue and the one time I had a damaged case they sent me a replacement out as soon as they received the damaged copy.

So therefore this is the usual "battle" between:

CAGs who want their games NOW
and
CAGs who don't mind waiting a little and saving more money

If you're in the former camp I'd never look at DDD as a possibility, but doesn't everyone know that by this point? Of course Dell is going to get their product to you faster, lol...I mean really, c'mon.

If you want the game faster, pay for shipping for crying out loud and pay more money somewhere else. This forum is called CHEAPASS Gamer after all :)

I've ordered items from both Amazon and DD. Amazon has a distribution center in Kentucky, which is a few hours from me. DD's shipping comes from the Chicago area, also a few hours from me.

Amazon items via media mail take 5-7 days from shipment, worst case. DD's items easily take longer than that, sometimes up to three week's time. Currently, I have something from DD that was shipped on the 19th that still hasn't arrived.

Amazon and DD both use the same shipping, though DD's are always 3-5 days longer than Amazon, if not more. I only order from DD if their price can't be beat anywhere else.

And yes, I know how long media mail shipping can take. :roll:

Even USPS doesn't take long for me....if I order it Mon, I'll get it Fri

[quote name='shrike4242']I've ordered items from both Amazon and DD. Amazon has a distribution center in Kentucky, which is a few hours from me. DD's shipping comes from the Chicago area, also a few hours from me.

Amazon items via media mail take 5-7 days from shipment, worst case. DD's items easily take longer than that, sometimes up to three week's time. Currently, I have something from DD that was shipped on the 19th that still hasn't arrived.

Amazon and DD both use the same shipping, though DD's are always 3-5 days longer than Amazon, if not more. I only order from DD if their price can't be beat anywhere else.

And yes, I know how long media mail shipping can take. :roll:[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head. I have only ordered one or two things from DD over the years, so I really don't know what distribution center my stuff is coming from. What I do know, though, is that I order stuff from others places, it comes via media mail, and it don't take two damn weeks. That's insane. The only excuse for that is around the holidays, when things take awhile to get processed and media mail gets lost in the shuffle. We're waiting a week and a half and two weeks for something we ordered in March. That's bad.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've ordered items from both Amazon and DD. Amazon has a distribution center in Kentucky, which is a few hours from me. DD's shipping comes from the Chicago area, also a few hours from me.

And yes, I know how long media mail shipping can take. :roll:[/quote]

You're just a noob, Shrike.

/sarcasm.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']What do you guys not understand about DDD? Comparing it to Dell? Amazon? Amazon PRIME?? Seriously, are you all noobs or what?

DDD ships everything MEDIA MAIL, so therefore it takes its time getting to you, if you understand the US Postal System works.

When you say it's a service that "needs to improve" I couldn't disagree more. They always use the slowest/cheapest form of USPS shipping so they save you money on the actual product, and they've been operating the same way for the last 10 years.

Therefore, if you need the game in a TIMELY MANNER I would never order anything from them. If you want to save a few bucks and don't mind waiting a few more days, it's worth taking a chance on.

I've ordered probably hundreds of DVDs from them. It can take up to a couple of weeks in the worst circumstances for me on the East Coast because that's how MEDIA MAIL operates, and if titles are backordered, it can take longer. But I've always gotten what I've ordered, I've never had an issue and the one time I had a damaged case they sent me a replacement out as soon as they received the damaged copy.

So therefore this is the usual "battle" between:

CAGs who want their games NOW
and
CAGs who don't mind waiting a little and saving more money

If you're in the former camp I'd never look at DDD as a possibility, but doesn't everyone know that by this point? Of course Dell is going to get their product to you faster, lol...I mean really, c'mon.

If you want the game faster, pay for shipping for crying out loud and pay more money somewhere else. This forum is called CHEAPASS Gamer after all :)[/QUOTE]

The big problem I have with DDD is that they often have misleading stock info on their site (i.e. something says it's in stock, you order and then a week later get an e-mail saying it's backordered.). I also believe their order processing takes far longer than any other place I have dealt with. The two times I ordered, it took over a week for them to ship in-stock items then the media mail took another week. As such, I don't order from them and would rather pay the extra dollar or two for Amazon or somewhere else that is more efficient.

^^^^^ That too. I have had items "in stock" (family guy party pack) canceled a week later. You can't make a customer wait around that long.

[quote name='kevzik']I am talking 2weeks and more. I would love to receive something from them within 10 days.[/quote]

What he said.

Since this has just turned into the "Take a side on DDD and their slow shipping thread", I vote DDD. Yes, their free shipping is slow. Slower than Amazon's. But cheap is cheap for me, I don't need something right away as long as I know I'm getting a significant savings. If it's for a gift, I just plan ahead. TV show box sets can rarely be found cheaper elsewhere. If I didn't already have $80 in Amazon GC saved up, I'd order from DDD in a heartbeat. Thanks, OP!

so when is this coming to US and 2nd can the US Wii's play this if it is an import. thanks! plus is there an english language option.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with preorders from DD and won't use them again for preorders.

They're fine if they have the item in stock, but if not, be prepared to wait forever.

[quote name='seen']I'm about to pull the trigger but from reading reviews their shipping sucks...Any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

Their free shipping is no slower then any other online retailers free shipping.

My rule of thumb ordering online from ANYWHERE: If you're in no hurry, order online (Amazon, Deep Discount). If it's a new item, or you want it soon, get your lazy ass to a B&M store. I made this mistake pre-ordering Simpsons Season 1 back in the day, and getting it 3 days after my co-workers who went to Best Buy the day it came out.

I order from Deep Discount all the time, but it's never stuff I'm in a huge hurry to get, and it's usually because of price -- like the awesome anime sale they had a while back.

[quote name='omyard']Their free shipping is no slower then any other online retailers free shipping.[/quote]

Then why are multiple users reporting wait times of up to two weeks?

I ordered a PSP game, and it took exactly 15 days to get to me >_<

15 as in 15 Business days, not including weekends........

Way too slow for my liking..

I want to thank the OP here. Although I too have had VERY LONG shipping times with DDD ( I live in Western NY) , I do ALOT of business with them because 9 1/2 chances out of 10 thier prices CANNOT be beat. It usually takes just under 2 weeks for me to get something once its shipped from DDD. That is fine with me. My understanding is that this thing is going to retail for 90 bucks, so the slow shipping is worth it to save 10 bucks. Thank you OP!

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I want to thank the OP here. Although I too have had VERY LONG shipping times with DDD ( I live in Western NY) , I do ALOT of business with them because 9 1/2 chances out of 10 thier prices CANNOT be beat. It usually takes just under 2 weeks for me to get something once its shipped from DDD. That is fine with me. My understanding is that this thing is going to retail for 90 bucks, so the slow shipping is worth it to save 10 bucks. Thank you OP![/quote]
Just got some relatives to order theirs through DDD on my recommendation (the same as mrmagoos's) and on the fact that cheap price+no tax+no shipping = a good deal.

so when is this coming to US and 2nd can the US Wii's play this if it is an import. thanks! plus is there an english language option.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with preorders from DD and won't use them again for preorders.

They're fine if they have the item in stock, but if not, be prepared to wait forever.

[quote name='seen']I'm about to pull the trigger but from reading reviews their shipping sucks...Any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

Their free shipping is no slower then any other online retailers free shipping.

My rule of thumb ordering online from ANYWHERE: If you're in no hurry, order online (Amazon, Deep Discount). If it's a new item, or you want it soon, get your lazy ass to a B&M store. I made this mistake pre-ordering Simpsons Season 1 back in the day, and getting it 3 days after my co-workers who went to Best Buy the day it came out.

I order from Deep Discount all the time, but it's never stuff I'm in a huge hurry to get, and it's usually because of price -- like the awesome anime sale they had a while back.

[quote name='omyard']Their free shipping is no slower then any other online retailers free shipping.[/quote]

Then why are multiple users reporting wait times of up to two weeks?

bread's done
Back