Wii Fit - $79 at Deep Discount

I ordered a PSP game, and it took exactly 15 days to get to me >_<

15 as in 15 Business days, not including weekends........

Way too slow for my liking..

I want to thank the OP here. Although I too have had VERY LONG shipping times with DDD ( I live in Western NY) , I do ALOT of business with them because 9 1/2 chances out of 10 thier prices CANNOT be beat. It usually takes just under 2 weeks for me to get something once its shipped from DDD. That is fine with me. My understanding is that this thing is going to retail for 90 bucks, so the slow shipping is worth it to save 10 bucks. Thank you OP!

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I want to thank the OP here. Although I too have had VERY LONG shipping times with DDD ( I live in Western NY) , I do ALOT of business with them because 9 1/2 chances out of 10 thier prices CANNOT be beat. It usually takes just under 2 weeks for me to get something once its shipped from DDD. That is fine with me. My understanding is that this thing is going to retail for 90 bucks, so the slow shipping is worth it to save 10 bucks. Thank you OP![/quote]
Just got some relatives to order theirs through DDD on my recommendation (the same as mrmagoos's) and on the fact that cheap price+no tax+no shipping = a good deal.

I ordered wii fit from DD Back on April 7th.
Today, May 12th, I just got an email from them saying they are out of stock & expect to ship the order within 21 days. If I don't want to wait, they are offering to cancel the order.
I think they just want everyone to cancel so they can sell them at a higher price.
:bomb:

[quote name='retammisto']I ordered wii fit from DD Back on April 7th.
Today, May 12th, I just got an email from them saying they are out of stock & expect to ship the order within 21 days. If I don't want to wait, they are offering to cancel the order.
I think they just want everyone to cancel so they can sell them at a higher price.
:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='kevzik']Not worth it if its through them. Sure, you'll get the price listed, you're going to wait FOREVER to get it.[/quote]

To all of you DD supports (or at least those who argued with me in this thread),

HAHA!

I love being right.

I got the email too but you know what... I really don't care. It isn't available anywhere so I might as well wait and get a lower price. I've been really happy with Deep Discount every time I have shopped with them and I doubt it will be 21 days.

[quote name='kevzik']To all of you DD supports (or at least those who argued with me in this thread),

HAHA!

I love being right.[/quote]

Grow up, Nelson!

:bomb:[/quote]

I woulndt trust them for video games. I have never had a problem with them wh en it comes to dvds, books, or cds. They use a different supplier for games and for some reason they always seem to have trouble. The only problem i ever had with them is when i tried to pre order kof 11 and the exact same thign happened to me. They never ended up getting it because of the supplier simply not shipping them any other than less than half of their order. From what the customer service rep told me they are trying to find a different supplier for their video games, so hopefully the service for those will get better.

I want to chime in, reiterate basically what both sides have already beat to death:
I don't mind the wait with DDD, but it IS VERY LONG. Amazon's free shipping seems to only get faster and faster; I ordered a TV Tuner PCIe card about a week back; it shipped on Friday (when expected ship was Monday), so I expected it to arrive Tuesday, probably Wednesday. It arrived today, Monday, just 3 days later, one of which no mail runs (Sunday), and another of which was not a business day so you can't really count it (Saturday). F/S media mail arriving in 1-2 days can't be beat. DD, on the other hand, always runs VERY slow, but I can wait, and when it does arrive it's like a surprise, since I usually forget about it :p

As for the deal in OP, sorta interested but would also wait for $60 pricepoint.

:bomb:[/QUOTE]
I got it too. Release or arrival is still May 21st. I called them and asked about delivery. They said it should arrive by the 21st. I talked to them 2 days ago. I think the email was just a mass email just to cover their ass incase any complaints. If it was delayed, I think they would of changed the date. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
[quote name='Mendoza']I woulndt trust them for video games. I have never had a problem with them wh en it comes to dvds, books, or cds. They use a different supplier for games and for some reason they always seem to have trouble. The only problem i ever had with them is when i tried to pre order kof 11 and the exact same thign happened to me. They never ended up getting it because of the supplier simply not shipping them any other than less than half of their order. From what the customer service rep told me they are trying to find a different supplier for their video games, so hopefully the service for those will get better.[/QUOTE]
Ordered Guitar Hero from them and didnt have a problem at all.
[quote name='retammisto']Is anyone who got the "out of stock" email from Deep Discount canceling their pre-order?[/QUOTE]
I had to change my shipping address since no one was going to be home to accept my package so they had to cancel my order and reorder it again even though its no longer on their page. Got my new order number and emailed/called twice to confirm since it didnt show up on my account nor did I receive an email for it.

[quote name='NeoStrider']DD's going to cancel your order or delay it indefinitely if it ends up being a pricing mistake[/QUOTE]
Wrong. I had my order since April 5th. You would think they would of cancelled it by now. Not to mention, I talked to 3 CS reps and all confirmed date and price.

Just got an email from DD

We're sorry to inform you, the item(s) listed below is temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. This item will ship as soon as it is available. We will email you with an estimated delivery date when there is more information. We apologize for the inconvenience and remind you that your credit card will not be charged until your order has shipped.

I dont know if this is because they had to cancel my order for when i changed my shipping address and had to replace the order or if this is a just a generic mass email to everyone who ordered

Holy Crap! My order shipped today! I honestly didn't think DD would come through. They left me high and dry on GH3 for Wii during the holidays. I only ordered Wii Fit from them because it was a good deal and there was really nothing to lose.

My Amazon pre-order ($69.99!) arrived today, so all is right with the world. Can't wait to try it out tonight after work.

I hope DD ships my order out soon too.

Depending on location, shipping alone for Wii Fit can be $18 via UPS. Shipping on the same coast is about $10 via UPS. So you're making about $30-60 profit not including fees. Finding boxes is a problem though.

You can always look on Craigslist but the bottom feeders are looking for $135-150 for the damn thing... Didnt this thing come out yesterday?

[quote name='cranguy']I've had nothing but bad experiences with preorders from DD and won't use them again for preorders.

They're fine if they have the item in stock, but if not, be prepared to wait forever.[/quote]Quoted for "I told ya so"s

[quote name='cranguy']Quoted for "I told ya so"s[/QUOTE]
It just came out today. Had it been a month after release, than yea. Its not even out for 24 hours.

[quote name='seen']According to Amazon JPN, its going for ~86.67 converted to the dollar.[/quote]Too bad out dollar sucks now. If it wasn't for our weak dollar, the MSRP might have been ~$70 like it was when it launched in Japan.

[quote name='D. Monic']Holy Crap! My order shipped today! I honestly didn't think DD would come through. They left me high and dry on GH3 for Wii during the holidays. I only ordered Wii Fit from them because it was a good deal and there was really nothing to lose.

My Amazon pre-order ($69.99!) arrived today, so all is right with the world. Can't wait to try it out tonight after work.[/quote]

When did you order?

[quote name='kevzik']Actually I live in CA...

Its not only their shipping methods, but there processing time as well. There is no excuse for it. On top of that my last order had no form of tracking so they simply guessed while talking to me on the phone. Now if you really want to extend this argument, I can post my order history.

Maybe I am spoiled with amazon prime, but bb offers free shipping on certain items and their shipping time doesn't seem to decline.

CAGS probably understand the free shipping concept better than the average online consumer. We get free shipping isn't comparable to 3day or whatever, but that doesn't mean they can take as long as they choose.

Its not a coincidence nor is it whiney CAGS "complaining." Its service thats needs to improve, period.[/quote]Maybe they are located on the East Coast.

[quote name='Kendal']When did you order?[/QUOTE]

Ordered on April 5. And it arrived today! Really can't complain about DD this time. They got the job done.

[quote name='D. Monic']Ordered on April 5. And it arrived today! Really can't complain about DD this time. They got the job done.[/quote]
I don't know if you are just lucky or what. I ordered mine on April 7th & my order status still is "Processing".

[quote name='retammisto']No, the deal may be over, but we talking about receiving the deal.[/quote]

Then it should be moved to the Deal Discussion, or at least update the title if the deal is dead.

[quote name='D. Monic']Ordered on April 5. And it arrived today! Really can't complain about DD this time. They got the job done.[/quote]

That is when I ordered mine and it is still in limbo. :(

[quote name='iazybandit']Update to anyones order? Anyone else get theirs shipped?[/quote]
I just got another email from Deep Discount. It says:
"Unfortunately, the vendor has been unable to deliver the item(s) We are hopeful that the item will be in stock within the next 21 days."
This is the 2nd 21 day delay. I guess Sail0rm00n is right; Deep Discount only received 1 copy of Wii Fit.

bread's done
Back