Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

I was thinking this would be $70 to maybe $80. $90 is really pushing it though. Although, you probably don't have to attach a Wiimote, right? That would sort of help the price make sense. But then you are probably looking at another $50 controller for a second player. I don't like this at all...

[quote name='SpazX']$90 would be $15 more than it costs in Japan. I don't think they would take it up that high, maybe to $80.[/quote]

In the IGN interview, they say the Japan version costs around $83. I'm still expecting this game to be $80 when it launches here.

[quote name='Ryukahn']In the IGN interview, they say the Japan version costs around $83. I'm still expecting this game to be $80 when it launches here.[/quote]

Yeah, it's $83 conservatively in Japan. Really it depends on the exchange rate, but I hope gamestop lowers their price to 79.99, unfortunately the sku is in for 89.99

So what do you guys think the board will cost alone? I'd imagine when they make more games specifically for the board, they may make some multiplayer games..?

[quote name='Ryukahn']In the IGN interview, they say the Japan version costs around $83. I'm still expecting this game to be $80 when it launches here.[/quote]

They said 8300 yen, which is about $77, so we're both right :p. I'd think around $80 for it here.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yikes 90.00? You can get like...half a year at Bally's for that.[/QUOTE]
Half a year?! Is Bally's cheap? I thought I had a good deal going at $24/month at 24 hour fitness.

I'm betting the board will be $50-60 by itself if they end up releasing it. If it is fun, then it will sell. Hopefully GS is just stupid and its' really $80.

Also, as far as the "if they were smart they'd release it in the winter", I don't think that's neccesarily true. You need to give the thing a little time to build up some hype. Plus, theres X number of people that would buy it regardless. So you release it the end of May. If it is going to sell out like a lot of people think, then they will probably just start to catch up to the orders by the time the holiday season hits, and then they will start to sell out too. I could see this thing conceivably being sold out through next year with the way the Wii had been going.

$90 is a bit steep, and I'm baffled as to why they didn't release this closer to the new year.

Gamestop just droped the preorder price on Namco's We Ski (a Balance Board compatible game) to $29.99 and posted the same release date it had before of 5/20/08.

Newegg had the board and Wii Fit game for preorder for $69.99 in January...

Wish I'd gotten in the window when Amazon was offering preorders...all but confirmed that Gamestop is listing it at $90.

I guess I will be waiting for a deal. I'm actually a little surprised that it wasn't $99.99, since they had said it would be "under $100."

This year sucks. Too many games in the hundreds.

First I got Guitar Hero III now I'm waiting for Rock Band, a DS Lite and Wii Fit.

This doesn't include all the other lower priced games I want.

Gamestop usually charges a few more $ than most places. For example, they were charging $34.99 for Professor Layton for DS, when I got it for $29.99 (well, actually a $1 or so less cause I bought it from overstock, but the retail value was $29.99) so maybe the price at Best Buy or Target or Walmart will be $80 - $85.

I am gonna wait til there is a full library of games that support this... if only 3-6 games are made for this thing, I am gonna be pissed.

the high price hasnt hurt guitar hero or rock band. Many people will gladly pay $100 to pay a video game to lose weight.

[quote name='62t']the high price hasnt hurt guitar hero or rock band. Many people will gladly pay $100 to pay a video game to lose weight.[/quote]
Or just because they are suckers for a gimmick, like me. If it's $80-$90, that means that I should be able to get it for $60-$70 (come on, this is CAG. If you can't get 15% off or more you're not doing your job). Then I will play it once, talk about it for a week, forget about it for three months and then repeat the process.

This is going to sell well if you think about how many casual Wii owners there are. Rock Band showed up on so many talk shows, you better believe that Wii Fit is going to do the same. When people see Regis virtual hula hooping and having the time of his life, they are going to buy Wii Fit. A lot of these people think of the Wii itself as a form of exercise since it comes with Wii sports.

Personally I'm much more interested in the potential of the balance board than Wii fit. Come on hover boards!

I think think Nintendo needs more board games than just Wii Fit.

They should have at least 3, 1080 and something new, along with an SXX and a Tony Hawk game that uses it. That way people think that it might be a good value and not just a huge ass paperweight.

[quote name='mephitical']Or just because they are suckers for a gimmick, like me. If it's $80-$90, that means that I should be able to get it for $60-$70 (come on, this is CAG. If you can't get 15% off or more you're not doing your job). Then I will play it once, talk about it for a week, forget about it for three months and then repeat the process.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see how this game will actually cause you to lose weight. All it is, basically, is glorified core training. Just basically ups your side to side movement. I can't imagine burning massive calories on this thing.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I fail to see how this game will actually cause you to lose weight. All it is, basically, is glorified core training. Just basically ups your side to side movement. I can't imagine burning massive calories on this thing.[/quote]
I don't think it will either, any more than getting someone up off their ass would anyway. Which is one of the main ways the Wii is marketed. And most people don't get up off their asees without it. I'm just excited for another gimmicky add-on and the possibility of snowboarding or skiing games.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I fail to see how this game will actually cause you to lose weight. All it is, basically, is glorified core training. Just basically ups your side to side movement. I can't imagine burning massive calories on this thing.[/QUOTE]I'm more interested in it as a tracking motivator.

Just to let you guys know, Gamestop changed the amount on the list. It's set to 999.99 because Nintendo didn't give an exact amount yet, and GS still wants reserves.

So that amount is subject to change at anytime.

Vinnk @ 4CR used it for 7 weeks:

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/arch...-10-pounds-in-7-weeks-by-playing-video-games/

wiifitfinal_UniqloFront.jpg

I know that $90 is pretty redic pricing but I'm going to get talked into getting this the moment it hits $65-$70 by damn CAG

I'm not buying this until it's in the bargain bin... which will be a while but it's not like it's a real game anyway.

[quote name='botticus']I'm actually a little surprised that it wasn't $99.99, since they had said it would be "under $100."[/QUOTE]Yeah, I thought it would cost more. $90 actually sounds pretty good to me.

I wouldn't count on a price drop on this one for awhile, though; it's gonna sell like hotcakes.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I fail to see how this game will actually cause you to lose weight. All it is, basically, is glorified core training. Just basically ups your side to side movement. I can't imagine burning massive calories on this thing.[/QUOTE]

Your right but the difference is this:

Its an all in one unit. It keeps track of weight, time spent, progress, etc...

Where someone would have to be really dedicated to gather, and chart, that info on a daily, or bi daily basis. This could seriously help those people that never really started an exercise program with all the right equipment, make it over the edge to become successful. I really, really think this is going to be a bigger hit than what seems to be expected... and if it is I expect another Christmas wii sellout/shortage.

[quote name='Snake2715']Your right but the difference is this:

Its an all in one unit. It keeps track of weight, time spent, progress, etc...

Where someone would have to be really dedicated to gather, and chart, that info on a daily, or bi daily basis. This could seriously help those people that never really started an exercise program with all the right equipment, make it over the edge to become successful. I really, really think this is going to be a bigger hit than what seems to be expected... and if it is I expect another Christmas wii sellout/shortage.[/QUOTE]

Lots of diet fads were/are huge "hits," but aren't necessarily successful for fitness. Ever seen someone "Slim-Fast" themselves into shape? Or watch the pounds melt away from switching to Diet Coke?

And what's the metric of success here? What kind of shape must a person be in to begin with to discover appreciable decreases in weight from stepping up a half an inch for half an hour a few times a week?

Let's be honest here: folks who aren't willing or interested in tracking their own progress aren't going to leap to this program because it does it for them. Well, they may buy it, but it won't get used, and you won't see appreciable progress from a steady diet of WiiFit.

Even if combined with "Slim-Fast." ;)

That said, Nintendo only cares if you buy it - not whether or not you use it. Personally, I think they should launch the game with a line of Nintendo-themed nutritional supplements. "Brinstar-flavored creatine" or something.

I didn't realize anyone here was seriously thinking of this as a weight loss/excersise tool. Wii Sports was marketed the same way (and still is), but regular gamers saw through it right away. Yes, it will make the bulk of sales as an exercise tool and the few people who dedicate themselves to it will lose weight, but for most casual users it will sit in the corner next to their elliptical machine and deflated yoga ball.

I'm interested in Wii Fit and the board because I'm hoping it will be fun. Of course, I still play Antigrav on my PS2 with the EyeToy because I think that's fun.

I just want it for the yoga, maybe some We Ski, and support beyond 2 or 3 games. I'm actually hoping that there's an option to NOT use all the tracking crap. Also hoping that the yoga is slightly easier than the classes at the gym. Don't think I'll ever be able to balance upside down on my forearms. EVER.

I didn't realize anyone here was seriously thinking of this as a weight loss/excersise tool. Wii Sports was marketed the same way (and still is), but regular gamers saw through it right away. Yes, it will make the bulk of sales as an exercise tool and the few people who dedicate themselves to it will lose weight, but for most casual users it will sit in the corner next to their elliptical machine and deflated yoga ball.

I'm interested in Wii Fit and the board because I'm hoping it will be fun. Of course, I still play Antigrav on my PS2 with the EyeToy because I think that's fun.

I just want it for the yoga, maybe some We Ski, and support beyond 2 or 3 games. I'm actually hoping that there's an option to NOT use all the tracking crap. Also hoping that the yoga is slightly easier than the classes at the gym. Don't think I'll ever be able to balance upside down on my forearms. EVER.

Wow, I would have a hard time dropping $90 for this. I thought it would be a sure buy for me (and I have it preordered at Gamecrazy) but that's a big chunk of my credit. Even using cheap credit (cost me about 1/3 of the value) I still find it hard to buy :lol:. I know it will sell out and probably be fetching a premium for a while and again through Christmas. But man, it is hard to be a cheap-ass with a $90 game no matter what it comes with...

[quote name='chakan']Here it is for $79 at Deep Discount
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/go.php...t.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=42267495&
credit to dstan and gonintendo.com

If you follow the link to DDD, they list a MSRP of 79.99[/quote]

I find it odd that even as a placeholder page, there's NOTHING ON IT. No picture, no description (you can copy and paste that crap off the Nintendo page). It technically doesn't even have the name right.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I'm sure this has been posted before but it just made me laugh. It's just full of great one-liners.

The WiiFit looks great with anything from IKEA.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
Was that the actual trailer for the game? (Clearly minus the voice over). If that is...this game is going to sell BILLIONS. Yes, BILLIONS. I say we take bets when it appears on Oprah, on the View, or in one of those thousands of magazines for women.

So how big is this board? I haven't really watched any videos on this until right now and that "dancing" game looks fun. If the board has some height, then you would be doing some form of step aerobics (which is the point) and that CAN burn some calories. But if the board isn't very high and the exercises aren't fast...then yeah, yawn.

Maybe I'll gain some weight, then go on a strict diet then thank Wii Fit for all my weight loss (40lbs +) and see if I can become like a spokesperson and appear on Oprah and get a free car and shit :whistle2:k

Is there a weight limit to the balance board? The obese will be shedding off the pounds if you take a person with little physical activity and they stick to Wii Fit daily.

I just want this to sell well enough so devs start to think of cool things to do with the board.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Is there a weight limit to the balance board? The obese will be shedding off the pounds if you take a person with little physical activity and they stick to Wii Fit daily.

I just want this to sell well enough so devs start to think of cool things to do with the board.[/quote]

I know the weight limit was like 300lbs in Japan but I thought I read that they had to reinforce it for Americans? I don't know if the limit is still 300lbs and it's just sturdier or if it can hold chubbier Americans.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I know the weight limit was like 300lbs in but I thought I read that they had to reinforce it for Americans? I don't know if the limit is still 300lbs and it's just sturdier or if it can hold chubbier Americans.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That's really embarrassing.

bread's done
Back