Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

It seems like anyone with anything but astroturf for carpet is going to want to use the foot extensions. My carpet is relatively thin with probably the thinnest possible underpad and I need the foot extensions. Stand on the board and look or feel to see if the bottom of the board is hitting the carpet. If it is, you need the extensions.

Why didn't they just make the feet the extra inch to begin with? Answer: Nintendo.

no real pointers just take your time more stuff unlocks as you play and it generally takes a little bit to get some of the more interesting exercises unlocked like rhythm boxing and such. Just have fun with it *shrug*

Okay so I started playing on Saturday night, on Sunday night it said I gained 4lbs and like 1.5 BMI. I took a break from it yesterday, played it again tonight. I just got done checking my BMI and it said I gained an additional 2 lbs + like 1 BMI.

Seriously.

I'm wearing the same clothes I wore the previous two nights. And I don't eat all that much. I don't understand how it can say I gained all of that in a few days.

If your board is coming even slightly in contact with your carpet, your measured weight will vary wildly from day to day.

Pretty much everyone should use the feet extensions if you have any sort of carpet. If you are hardwood or concrete you don't need them, but otherwise your weight is probably going to register incorrectly.

Picked up Wii Fit for the first time in 9 days. I jogged outside a couple miles Monday, but I pushed myself so hard I felt sick for hours afterward. That kind of killed my exercise spirit for a few days.

Today, I tried the Island Lap for the first time under the running option, and I was really proud that I got through it at 171% Burn Rate. I'm surprised I like the running exercises as much as I do; when I first started Wii Fit, I thought the Short Lap was really hard. Now I never do that one, but immediately skip to the Longer Lap, then maybe the 10 minute run. Anyway, I like the running, and it just motivates me to go outside and run "for real."

Nintendo should sponsor me to use Wii Fit. ;)

Face it. The balance board is dead. It joins the peripheral graveyard along with the zapper. One hit wonder.

Haven't had a chance to get back into this (my trip to Japan screwed up my rhythm), but I did want to point out that this game is extremely Japanese. With all of the little sounds for everything, the cute voices, the little characters dancing around, etc, it's all done in a very coddling manner. I.e., after you learn to associate certain sounds with different actions and results, you could play the game without actually looking at the screen.

Seems like sound association is a big thing over in Japan - they've got little voice recordings next to everything. You go into an elevator, and the intercom announces "doors are closing" when they close. It tells you when they open. When it's going up. When it's going down. And this is all over Tokyo everywhere you look - at road intersections, etc.

You know when you walk into a convenience store and it sometimes makes a little doorbell sound? Imagine that but multiplied by a thousand. You get the idea.

I'm not saying this makes the game inherently better or worse. I just thought it was a fun observation.

thought that I wouldn't use it that much or break out in a sweat, but that was when i was playing friends and we were taking turns. i played the soccer thing for like 30 minutes straight. the way i do it is unconventional though. i step off the board with one foot; like left foot off to the left to press down on the right, right foot off to the right to press down on the left, get my balance back for the middle. i got a perfect on the amateur level, 555. trying to get a perfect on the harder level. when i played with friends, we played long enough to unlock almost everything. i figure i'll use this more, since i'd like to drop down to 170-175. lowest i've been in the past couple years was probably 180. currently around 190, 5'11"

Nintendo announced the official MSRP of Wii Fit at $89.99 and the release date of May 21. It will be available 2 days earlier at the NY Nintendo World Store.

Hi dear friends,

You are providing a including all hidden cost or not. $89.99 is high. Please tell me shipping cost are include or not. After i can decide. Thanks.

[quote name='morkelkey']Nintendo announced the official MSRP of Wii Fit at $89.99 and the release date of May 21. It will be available 2 days earlier at the NY Nintendo World Store.

Hi dear friends,

You are providing a including all hidden cost or not. $89.99 is high. Please tell me shipping cost are include or not. After i can decide. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

I can't find the covert link ...

I was a bit amused this morning to discover I had hit 10 hours of working out with Wii Fit. The little Fit Credit Bank piggy transformed into a bronze piggy! Very cute.

bread's done
Back