Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

[quote name='Rodimus']I also wonder about the scale accuracy. I weighed myself today and I'm 171 lbs (that's good) then I weighed myself on my normal scale and it says I'm 179 (that's bad)

I'm not sure which one to trust.[/QUOTE]

Is it carpet.. have you put the extensions on the wii fit board?

I find my home scale (digital & $50) to be under the doctors scale by about 5 lbs. I have not however compared the wii fit board to the home scale recently... I will have to do that tonight.

[quote name='Snake2715']Is it carpet.. have you put the extensions on the wii fit board?[/quote]

It's on carpet and yes I put those extensions on.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I weigh myself in pretty much just shorts at home and on the medical scale in the gym locker room. I'd wonder how the Balance Board will compare as I find the gym scale and my home scale match up when I weigh myself again when I get home.

An interesting thing is some pairs of shorts can add almost an extra pound.

I probably am going to just pull the trigger and pick it up. I'll be sure to post a hula hoop video to show off how all these squats have been paying off in the roundness of my ass. Only for CAG premium members though.[/QUOTE]

You can choose how heavy your clothes are...so if your shorts are like 2lbs you can choose 2lbs. You can go up to 7lbs :lol:

We made a third Mii yesterday and we got on the scale together. It said "WEIGHT LIMIT EXCEED. TURNING OFF SOFTWARE" and it went back to the Wii Fit Plaza :rofl:
How upsetting for someone whos' like around that 330 mark and they wanna play this and the game shuts off on them.

Anyway, we were able to get on again (half on) and the Mii came up as 300lbs. Later today I'm gonna get on the balance board myself and see what happens when it says "YOU LOST 140 LBS SINCE YESTERDAY?!?!?!!?!?!?!?"

And I want to see if it tells me about rehab and where to seek help :lol:

Well, I had my 2 week goal today! I set the parameters to lose 2lbs. in 2 weeks. I actually lost 3.5lbs. in the 2 week time frame. I was excited as all get out until I was told by Wii Fit, that I had not met my goal for the 2 weeks. Very disappointing. If I can subtract and getting a calculator to verify it for me, then why can't the Wii Fit subtract! It was right there on the graph. All they had to do was look at it! I was expecting the Wii Fit board to jump up and down and be super happy for me. What a let down. Has anyone else had a let down?

I was disappointed yesterday.
When I got on the board for the Mii character that we had made 300lbs, it has said "YOU LOST 140.4lbs!".. I was waiting for the board to yell at me saying losing weight too fast is a BAD thing.

So, for the record, if you lose 140lbs overnight.. it's apparently OK!

Been trying to locate this for the wife's B-day next weekend and been striking out. Anybody seen this at any retailers B&M or online?

[quote name='lilboo']I was disappointed yesterday.
When I got on the board for the Mii character that we had made 300lbs, it has said "YOU LOST 140.4lbs!".. I was waiting for the board to yell at me saying losing weight too fast is a BAD thing.

So, for the record, if you lose 140lbs overnight.. it's apparently OK![/QUOTE]
Losing 140 lbs overnight is just a successful night at the club. But technically you should leave her (or him) in the morning. ;)

I hope this isn't just a fad game for all of you :nottalking:
I'm still actually doing this everyday!
(At the very least, 10 minutes in the morning)

I"m using it fairly regularly about 3 or more times a week at least 20 to 40 minutes a session usually. I got around 40 minutes this moring and 40 last night(girlfriends birthday so I stayed at home instead of going to the gym to run so I used it in place of that). I definatly find this works me out better in the morning when my bodys not really geared up for strenuous activity yet but less so in the evening when I'm loosened up. I'm frankly better off in a gym in the evening.

While I haven't lost any weight I've definitely become more flexible. I used to get lower back cramps if I stretched out too much, but thanks to the cobra pose that's no long a problem. Also I have no problem bending down to touch my toes, heck even the floor without bending my knees. I haven't been able to do that since I was 16.

^ I agree
I was never really flexible at all, but I'm better off now!
I mean, I'm not doing splits or kicking high in the air..but I can def touch my toes now! I really never could...how sad?! I wasn't even all that fat!..just.. not flexible :(

I just found this at Sam's Club today for $78.xx! I am 28 and my Wii Fit age started at 38. It tells me I'm overweight at 6 foot 1, 205lbs.

Anyone elses feet hurt when they first tried this out? Are you supposed to be barefoot?

It's kind of funny to me how much my Wii fit age fluctuates. I'm 34 and it went from 49 to 26 in one day. It's really more a measure of how well you do at the balance exercises than what kind of shape you are in.

I also think it's funny that it tells me I'm like 35 pounds overweight. I'm 6'4" and 215. I'm very athletic and I just got back from the adult volleyball national championships. I could probably stand to lose 5 or 10 pounds but nobody I know would consider myself overweight. Wii Fit wants me to drop to about 180 pounds. I remember when I was 180. I had so little body fat my Dr. said it was unhealthy and I was trying unsuccessfully to gain weight. I dreamed of being 210 pounds. I mean, 6'4" and 215 is about half the quarterbacks in the NFL and they aren't overweight. I'm not saying I'm in professional athlete kind of shape but 35 pounds overweight? Not even close, Wii Fit. It also tells me wife she is borderline underweight at 5'2" and 95 pounds.

^ My Wii Fit age has been pretty consistant in the last week or two being around 21-26. I think once you get used to the all the different tests it becomes easy to get a lower age. At first my age was all over the place.

I've read all the posts for the past few days, but I'm still glad I was given the Wii Fit. I've done it every morning for the past 23 days for at least 50 minutes at a time, and sometimes I like to do the step aerobics again in the evening. I'm in the "older generation", so if I tried keeping up with an aerobics instructor in a gym, I'd probably feel embarrased and never want to go back. (plus I couldn't afford a year membership anyway). I feel safe at home making my mistakes and enjoying all the activites it has to offer. The hula-hoop and I don't get along very well at all for some reason, and just today for the first time did both ski jumps (283m, hooray!) without "rolling down the slope." I've lost 3.5lbs, and I feel better. (my Dr. will be so proud of me when I go back in 3 months!) I'm moving, I'm having fun, and I can do it anytime and not have to leave the house. I've never done Yoga before and I really enjoy doing it. I can tell a big difference in my thighs from doing the Warrior Pose. As long as I am losing weight, I'm happy. I'll increase my time if I hit a plateau and just keep working harder. The scale seems to be pretty consistent with my scales at home. I'm hoping they come out with another disc with more things to do, for longer periods of time.

I sold mine since the street price is insane and we had a plumbing emergency and I suddenly needed a bunch of money. I do intend to rebuy someday.

However, I have added some of the exercises from it to the morning regimen just from memory.

[quote name='decrot']Im just curious, anyone still doing this? I dropped out after about 3 days (I bought it for someone else anyways)[/quote]
Me.

[quote name='decrot']Im just curious, anyone still doing this? I dropped out after about 3 days (I bought it for someone else anyways)[/quote]

Me! I haven't missed a daily body test since I got it (a little over 5 weeks ago), plus 30-60 minute workouts 5-6 days/week. I'm basically just using it in addition to my trips to the gym. The yoga has definitely helped with flexibility. I recently got into doing the island lap in the jogging program - I hate to run/jog, yet I find that enjoyable (for the time being).

Anyone have this issue? I bought Wii Fit last weekend while I was traveling for work, and when I weight myself at the hotel, my weight was what I expected. When I took my Wii and Balance Board to my folks' house yesterday to show it to them, it was measuring us all off by about 50 lbs. Today, I tried it for the first time at my home, and it's off by about 30 lbs. Any advice?

Edit: Looked up troubleshooting on Nintendo's website. So that's what those plastic caps are for. The plusher the carpet, the more the weight is off. Put the extenders on and now I'm back to normal. In fact, it says I gained a pound. Huzzah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, I'm glad you answered your own question! I haven't had that problem before. Think I'll take a look at their troubleshooting website. I replaced the batteries with the power pack that plugs into the wall outlet and my weight changed by 4 lbs in 2 minutes, then it said I to make a new goal! I do so enjoy doing the Wii Fit. They just need to fix the quirks!

[quote name='Aurelia']Boy, I'm glad you answered your own question! I haven't had that problem before. Think I'll take a look at their troubleshooting website. I replaced the batteries with the power pack that plugs into the wall outlet and my weight changed by 4 lbs in 2 minutes, then it said I to make a new goal! I do so enjoy doing the Wii Fit. They just need to fix the quirks![/quote]

I'm guessing that you're talking about the Nyko Energy Pack? I put the Nyko pack on the balance board last night, and noticed that there was a change of about -3 pounds. When I took the adapter off the board (the part that "snaps" onto the board and has the status light on it), the weight went back to normal. I don't mind not having the adapter off the board, but I'm puzzled as to why the adapter, which maybe weighs an ounce, would throw off the weight by that much.

Yes, that is the adaptor that I have, and it weighs lighter than the original batteries. So, now if I ever go back to batteries, up goes the weight, and it will probably tell me to start exercising more so I can reach my goal.

[quote name='Aurelia']Yes, that is the adaptor that I have, and it weighs lighter than the original batteries. So, now if I ever go back to batteries, up goes the weight, and it will probably tell me to start exercising more so I can reach my goal.[/quote]

I don't think that the battery pack itself is lighter than (4) AA batteries - instead, the inaccuracy has something to do with the adapter. As I mentioned in my previous post, the only way I can tell to get the board to be more accurate is to remove the adapter portion (the battery pack itself is fine). Once that's removed, your weight will (unfortunately) increase to at/near what it was before you installed the battery pack and adapter. As much as that stinks, personally, I'd rather it be accurate with tracking my actual weight versus giving me credit for weight that, in reality, hasn't been lost.

I'm such a sucker for fair, accurate play :)

The other day I asked a girl at Gamestop if they happened to have "that $90 hula hoop game". She seemed offended and started telling me how great it was while the other chick working was just laughing.

I got Wii Fit a week ago and my biggest complaint is the damn balance board is too small. I wear a size 13 shoe, and either my toes or my heels end up hanging off the edge. Also, I feel like I have to stand with my feet unnaturally close together.... not good for a game that's supposed to be about balance.

Anyone seen this available anywhere or know maybe when it will be widely available again? Ebay prices are crazy high and I just want one to actually play. I seldom play the Wii compared to the 360 but I'm thinking I'd probably play Wii Fit if I had it.

I've got about $160 in Amazon credit, and I have decided to get this game...whenever it shows up in stock.

(And I'm sure to miss it when it does.)

I've had the game for about a month now. I have only weighed in three times and actually done any of the exercises twice. My wife uses it about once a week.

I admit I haven't played my Wii Fit that much, but today's little before work workout really changed my perspective. At the end of the day, it's hard to find that bit of energy to exercise after a day's work, but I find working out in the morning far easier. Different for everyone, naturally.

I unlocked Rhythm Boxing today, and I really really enjoyed it. Definitely up-tempo. I liked the little Mii-like coach, much more than the tame male coach for Yoga and such. It all felt fresh and invirgorating. My Wii Fit age today was 27, so I'm sneaking close to my actual age little by little.

The trick is, obviously, to see if I can get myself to do this tomorrow morning and get on a schedule.

I've managed to do Wii Fit three days straight, each time in the morning between 6:15-7:30. Usually do it closer to 6:30, but as today was a day off, I was limited by time constraints. Worked out for about 35 minutes overall before I took the body test. My Wii Fit age is still 27, but that may change tomorrow, my birthday. Will my Wii Fit age suddenly be 28? Will the chipper little Balance Board acknowledge my birthday? (Does anything Wii-wise acknowledge my birthday?)

Not sure what was so special about today, but I managed to break records in nearly every activity I tried. I'm quite overweight, weighing in at 233 today. Before anyone attacks me for my massivity, please know I've been making lifestyle changes for about a year now, and am about 30 lbs lighter than I was last year this time. My changes are more drastic now, as I'm trying to exercise regularly. Considering in the past my average exercise was, say, a couple hours of activity every two months, I'd say I'm doing better now. Wii Fit is a great motivator for me, allowing me to work out in the home, avoiding any embarrassment from working out outdoors. (And I don't have to worry about my hair first thing, yay!) Actually, in truth, I have a lot of pride in myself that I'm trying to make major changes for my physical and self-image, but I'm also limited in money and don't have much selection for workout clothes. The one pair of pants I would like to wear are too long and frayed on the bottom, but I think I may take them to get altered today, as I was mailed a birthday check from my great-grandmother. I'd love to be able to wear those pants while exercising. They're long and black, so I wouldn't look patently unpleasant during a morning walk, during which, the um two times I've done it) I try to insert brief moments of light jogging.

Also, this is an entirely personal thing for me, but I'm not only motivated by my own mindset, but I'm also motivated by my Wii Fit silicone bracelet, which a CAG actually gave to me. I met him at a local Circuit City, and when I commented on the one he was wearing, he gave me an extra the Nintendo rep had left. I've worn it every day since I bought Wii Fit, and it serves as an excellent motivator. But I know not everyone likes or wears silicone bracelets. I happen to wear three every day now: my Wii Fit, and two personally motivating ones.

03e9_1.JPG

The bracelet looks like this and can be found on eBay, which is where I found the picture. Anyway, didn't mean to make this so much a personal entry, but I hope to show that Wii Fit is an excellent tool, and while it may not be helpful for those folks with more regular, challenging fitness routines, for someone like me who never works out, this fit the bill perfectly. It really motivates me and gives me self-confidence (as a result of the routine and activity), and I feel really great. I hope more of you are still enjoying your Wii Fit, and I'd be glad to see others share their stories!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pushed myself a fair bit harder today, doing longer aerobics than normal. Typically, I fiddle with the Balance Games too, but really, those are just amusing deviations from the focus of Wii Fit. I can't help myself, through, from always enjoy trying to jump past the finish line in the Ski Jump.

Since I almost always do the Step Exercise and Advance Step, I thought I would finally try the Free Step. I was highly dissapointed. I thought it would be an endless cycle of step exercises. I expected the workout to follow a pattern, but I did not expect it to only be a 10-,20-, or 30-minute step-on-the-board-and-step-off exercise. I decided to give it a shot, switching the television input over to a South Park episode, but I really wasn't impressed with the principal. It's fine to have included that, I suppose, but I really just wanted a step workout that would go on as long as I wanted.

I expected a similar dissappointment when I decided to try the Free Run a little while later. I was afraid I would just see my Mii jogging in place, but much to my delight, the little Mii jogs all around the little island. I didn't feel the need for other visual stimulus (like I did while tackling Free Step). I set up iTunes to play a few songs and I did the 10-minute run. About halfway through I was feeling it and thought of quitting, but it was highly motivating to me to push myself until the end. I tell you, it's great to see how far I've come, when it used to be the basic run taxed me.

My Wii Fit age today was the lowest it's ever been, at 22 years old. I love this thing.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Oh, and the Balance Board was quite cute on my birthday, the 20th.

DSCF0750.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome!

I haven't worked out with Wii Fit for a week, partially because I kept trying to work up the nerve to just go outside and jog. This morning, as I was on CAG and having my morning Cappuccino Cooler, I simply got myself up, changed into workout clothes, put my hair up, grabbed my iPod, and got my ass out the door. I walked/jogged for an hour. Really made me feel excellent. My body is a little stiffer than I would like, though, so I'm thinking some yoga later on would be ideal.

I really have to thank Wii Fit for being a catalyst to a healthier lifestyle. I'd been working on diet changes for a while, but with Wii Fit, I finally added that much needed component -- exercise.

I have been doing Wii Fit again after not touching it for a month. Now that I have unlocked a bunch of new exercises, it is more interesting. My abs still hurt from my session 2 days ago. I have been doing it about every other day for a week. I do every yoga and strength exercise each time.

We've had Wii Fit for about a week and the wife and I are both thoroughly enjoying it. Assuming laziness doesn't kick in, I'd expect us to be doing this about 4-5 days a week. I know I put in about 1 hour everytime I play and the wife does about 30-45 minutes for each of her sessions. The great thing I've noticed about it is that it prevents our previous excuse of, "I don't feel like putting on my gym clothes, driving all the way over to the gym, working out, and then driving home all sweaty." Now it's just, hop on the board, when you're done, hop in the shower and it's no inconvenience to you. :D

Just got my copy of Wii Fit (for a hundred bucks). I have to say that i'm thoroughly enjoying it. I love the running activities, committed suicide on the tightrope many times, and got hit by tons of hula hoops and shoes. The entire game has been rather enjoyable, and the Balance Board has thus far impressed me with how precise it is. Even the game's charts and summaries are really detailed and interesting to view.

Will I play it regularly? I'll certainly try. Don't really know at this point, but its a fun little distraction that gave me quite the work out my first time through.

[quote name='AmigoOne']Sounds like you got some good stuff going. Congratz.[/quote]

Thank you very much for that. I'm really proud of myself for what I've been doing. I found I was able to complete my second session of jogging 15 minutes faster than the time before, which was nice. The whole affair is a little hard for me, so I'm going to have to just build up to a point where I can do it regularly. At this point, I still feel like I need Wii Fit to help strengthen my endurance.

[quote name='Warner1281']The great thing I've noticed about it is that it prevents our previous excuse of, "I don't feel like putting on my gym clothes, driving all the way over to the gym, working out, and then driving home all sweaty." Now it's just, hop on the board, when you're done, hop in the shower and it's no inconvenience to you. :D[/quote]

That's one of the biggest perks about Wii Fit, and indeed, any home exercise routine. There's so many different ways to exercise out there; everyone just needs to find the way that suits them best. Personally, I enjoy working out at home, but there's just something so refreshing about working out outside.

I remember reading this complaint in the previews and it is spot on. Why the fuck do I have to constantly hit the A button through the never-ending menus. Yes, for fuck's sake, I know that I can hold on to something if I feel like I will fall. Why must you bring that screen up every time? Oh, thanks for mentioning that I should combine two specific exercises for a "workout". How about combining them for me instead of forcing me to navigate the menus again? How about a reward of some sort for combining them? Oh yes, I will definitely be sure to snap on the wrist strap for your measly 30 second exercise, one where i have to change hands halfway through. Why does it take longer for me to hammer through the menus and talking than it does to actually complete some of the exercises? Sometimes it feels like I spend more energy picking up and putting down the wiimote in between exercises.

It's almost like the people making this game didn't bother to actually use it a few times.

[quote name='Zing']It's almost like the people making this game didn't bother to actually use it a few times.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I see no other alternative. Wii Fit is an interactive experience, not an exercise video you march along to. As it relies on you, the player, to navigate its menus, choose your desired mode, and adjust it to your specifications, you will obviously need the controller frequently.

Yes but there's no reason why you couldn't start at a root menu, select your 7-10 exercises like a playlist, and start your workout without ever going back to the root menu.

[quote name='chakan']Yes but there's no reason why you couldn't start at a root menu, select your 7-10 exercises like a playlist, and start your workout without ever going back to the root menu.[/quote]

That hadn't occurred to me. That's a really fantastic suggestion. :applause:

There is just so much frivolous talking and times it wants you to hit A for no goddamn reason. It needs one of those little checkboxes in each dialog saying "don't show me this again".

[quote name='utopianmachine']That hadn't occurred to me. That's a really fantastic suggestion. :applause:[/QUOTE]
I just don't understand why it isn't an option. Its the biggest block for me wanting to use Wii fit for aerobic exercise.

I don't understand why it wasn't programmed with that option. Game-breaking.

I miraculously found a single copy of WiiFit @ a BestBuy out here about a week and a half ago but I've only had a chance to play it once.

When I first started it said my WiiFit age was 39, and I'm 25. :shock:
But after playing for about 1 hour and doing the age-check thing again, it said my WiiFit age was 27!
Crazy.

I don't have room in my bedroom to play now, but once I get back in Japan I'm gonna play daily. Woo.

I picked this up today at my local Gamestop... I do not see myself playing it all that much but I know my wife and kids will play it often.

bread's done
Back