Wii games have arrived at stores (pics)

Scrubsy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)

I picked up my zelda pre-order tonight. The other games that arrived at my store were the official nintendo ones and THQ ones. So if you have preorders you can pick them up early and have one less thing to pick up for launch.

So i guess some people will buy early and avoid the crowds and lack of games on launch day....

I dont know If I can make it out before then so i guess ill be one of the few that has to fight crowds for games and extra controls...

[quote name='botticus']Heh, I assume you work there, cause Zelda and Excite Truck are definitely street dated.[/quote]

Are you sure? I thought the console was the only thing that was street dated and that all the games and accessories can be sold as they are received.

[quote name='Tybee']Are you sure? I thought the console was the only thing that was street dated and that all the games and accessories can be sold as they are received.[/quote]Far as I know, Nintendo always dates their games.

[quote name='botticus']Far as I know, Nintendo always dates their games.[/quote] I don't think they care, cause seriously, what am I going to play it on? And no, I don't work there. I just happened to be in there when the manager said they got there shipment in. Yes, the disc is gold and beautiful.

It would be really awesome if you could scan the table of contents page of the Zelda manual. The art there is fucking fantastic. I would owe you one.

[quote name='lebowsky']Where are you guys getting the games? I checked Target, BB, and CC today for anything and came up empty.[/QUOTE]

i got trauma center at eb they only had 2 copies and 3 people preordered it so this may be in short supply.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Here you go Foolman

Note: I picked mine up at Gamecrazy[/quote]Dang...

I got a call saying Red Steel would be in tomorrow. Going to go down there tomorrow and switch it over to Excite Truck. If I end up getting ET elsewhere, can I just move that $5 over to my system purchase?

[quote name='Scrubsy']Here you go Foolman

Note: I picked mine up at Gamecrazy[/quote]

oh thats gorgeous. Got anything high resolution wise? I want to use that art as my computer wallpaper.

I got the call for super monkey ball, there won't be 1st party accessories until the 19th right? I wish I could buy everything all at once...

[quote name='botticus']Far as I know, Nintendo always dates their games.[/QUOTE]

nope... nintendo never street dates their games or accessories... just systems.

the only games to really have street dates are things like madden where they advertise a specific date, or games based on movies, where they plan for the game and the movie releases to coincide.

now, most of the stores won't sell games for new systems like this before the system's given street date, because they want people coming in to buy launch systems to have as wide of a game selection as possible. but it usually does happen at a few stores here and there, and with pre-orders.

[quote name='mykevermin']Holla atcha boy for a picture of the disc.[/quote] http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=2515
About 2:50 in. I know there are higher quality pictures of the disc floating around. I'm trying to find them.

wii-on-the-assembly-line-20061108091914024-000.jpg

Found it!

[quote name='coltcannon']i called my gamestop today to fix my phone number and they had in trauma center and the spongebob game. Gamecrazy was closed.[/QUOTE]

Hey, the Spongebob game. I know there's one coming out--but do you know how the Wii-Mote will be used with it, and if it's going to be any good? My parents are getting my brother a Wii for Christmas.. and I was thinking about this as a game for him. Hmmm

No idea about the spongebob game. I wasnt listing the games they had I was interested in just the ones they had. ;) The dude made it sound like friday for red steel and zelda.

Wow that's good news I have zelda preordered i'll have to call my gs tommarow and see if they have it if so i'll head on over and pick it up and maybe buy trauma center thanks alot for the heads up.

Son of a bitch. Good thing I have Sunday off. I am locking myself in my room and not coming out all of Sunday. I have buckets for pee and bags for poop.

Uh oh, GameRush has Wii games? Damn. I know I have enough credit for at least one game, maybe two. Might as well call and check tomorrow. Might mean saving another $50 or $100 in EB credit!

Wow that Art is the best I've ever seen in an instruction manual...I want this game now just for that manual so I can stare and it and drool all over my shirt for an hour!!!

any word on Best Buy? Seems like they might keep them in back until launch so they don't run out, but I really wanna GGC all the games, to save $15 or so. Target would be good too.. they have the $20 gift card, and I'm picking up 3 games.

hahaha but whats the point of having them right now if u cant play them yet cuz u have no wii as of now... i know its only a few days but i bet ur dying to play those games...

[quote name='botticus']Uh oh, GameRush has Wii games? Damn. I know I have enough credit for at least one game, maybe two. Might as well call and check tomorrow. Might mean saving another $50 or $100 in EB credit![/QUOTE]

Of course, I have the Wii Zelda preordered at GR. And of course, they did not call me to say it was in - I'll have to call them in the AM and see if it is really there. This store also has (as of today, another CAG called them about it) NO idea if/when/how many PS3's or Wii's they will be getting :roll:.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder when zelda: TTP wii version drop down $30 ??[/QUOTE]

Wow, Gizmo covered it, but, man, of all the questions to ask :lol:. I would think this will hold at $50 for a VERY long time. If there was one launch game (in the history of launch games) I would NOT wait on dropping, this is it. My guess? 2 years, minimum. I think all the others will drop *much* faster than that.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder when zelda: TTP wii version drop down $30 ??[/QUOTE]
The game isnt even out yet (in majority of store) let alone the system and you're talking about price drops? I'm not even going to go further with this subject

Anyone know which stores have games available right now? I'd like to go pickup mine before Sunday...

Wanting Zelda, Madden, and Rayman...

Please let me know. I think I'm going to head to Walmart (only thing close to my work) in 30 minutes and see what's cooking.

Gamestop has most of the non-first party games in. I got RedSteel, Trauma Center, and Rayman. They had Call of Duty, Spongebob, Avatar, and a whole bevy of other games I don't care about.

bread's done
Back