Wii Memory Cards 50% Off at EB/GS!!!!*NO Rebates*

I just bought a wii today, do I really need memory or is the internal storage enough for just game saves?

[quote name='mahzilla']I just bought a wii today, do I really need memory or is the internal storage enough for just game saves?[/quote]

internal storage is enough.. I have ten games and 3 VC games with plenty of space left

[quote name='mahzilla']I just bought a wii today, do I really need memory or is the internal storage enough for just game saves?[/quote]

Depends on how much you will use the system. All Virtual Console games take up space, so if you download a lot of those, you are going to run out of room eventually. Plus, any extra channels (like the Web Browser) take up space too. Though, nobody will need an SD card for a while.

Most people will eventually need an SD card, but there are definitely better deals.

Buy.com frequently has sales on their SD cards. I got myself a 2 GB for $5 one week and another 2GB for our camera a couple weeks later for $10.

It's still $10 to $15 more for the exact same memory card that just has a Nintendo sticker on it.

Sandisk 1GB is $15 to $20 and with Nintendo it's $30 to $60.

If you have a camera that uses SD I'd recommend getting one. The Photo Channel is a lot of fun, especially with movies. The playback backwards feature is awesome.

Besides the color and price, what is the difference between the white 2GB SD card mentioned in the Gamestop ad and the blue 2GB SD card in the Bestbuy ad mentioned here?
I don't own anything that uses SD cards and just wondering. Thanks ahead.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Besides the color and price, what is the difference between the white 2GB SD card mentioned in the Gamestop ad and the blue 2GB SD card in the Bestbuy ad mentioned here?
I don't own anything that uses SD cards and just wondering. Thanks ahead.[/quote]

There is no difference....one just says wii on it to make people want to buy it just for the wii.
But the regular blue Sandisk 2 gd SD card works and holds the same.
I got the blue one during the holiday from Best Buy for $29.99.

i got the 2 gig at bb during BF since i knew i was going to get the ps3 and u can transfer music from ur pc using the sd card

[quote name='mahzilla']I just bought a wii today, do I really need memory or is the internal storage enough for just game saves?[/QUOTE]
You won't need it for the forseeable future. There's about 250MB of memory available to you in the internal memory, and think about how far that 8MB on one PS2 mem card got you. Most of the space will be taken up by VC games and channels, and you can just delete and redownload them for free at any time. The only reason I've used an SD card so far is to bring saves with me when I go to others'.

Unless you need it really badly, you shouldnt spend more than 10-15 bucks on a 1gb card, and 20-25 bucks on a 2gb card, because they regularly go on sale in this range, even without rebates. If you don't have a digital camera, or don't have one that supports SD, I would get a SD card reader so you can still use it on your computer. You can transfer pics, game saves, etc to and from your computer easily. I got a 2gb card with a usb memory card reader for $23 bucks total. Basically it turns it from a Wii memory card to a USB pen drive. Definately worth the cash.

[quote name='mkelehan']You won't need it for the forseeable future. There's about 250MB of memory available to you in the internal memory, and think about how far that 8MB on one PS2 mem card got you. Most of the space will be taken up by VC games and channels, and you can just delete and redownload them for free at any time. The only reason I've used an SD card so far is to bring saves with me when I go to others'.[/QUOTE]

And of course to trade saves online and to save your own music on the SD card so you can have your own soundtrack for certain games (like replacing the crappy soundtrack that comes with Excite Truck with your own tunes -- MUCH better!).

I also tossed a couple photos on there to show people occassionally and to mail people through thr Wii message board.

Newegg has some 4gb sd cards for $37.99 or $49.99 as their default price. so yeah, the wii badged ones, kind of a ripoff.

Oh, and looking at the reviews for those cards on Newegg.com it appears people have no clue how to use SD cards!

[quote name='damunkee']
Oh, and looking at the reviews for those cards on Newegg.com it appears people have no clue how to use SD cards![/QUOTE]

I wonder if one of them is my mom.

I picked up a 2 gig card for 19 bucks but its so slow that it cripples the system during read/writes. Its so bad, i can't even use it in a thumbdrive adapter on my pc. Totally worthless. Get a FAST one.

bread's done
Back