Wii Play + Black Motion Plus Controller - $15 at Wal-Mart

[quote name='Linkgx1']Damn me and my big ass mouth!

Any ways, it's in store?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the coupon is in store only. Whether you can actually find the Wii Play bundle is probably a crap shoot. I have my $20 coupon locked and loaded, I just need to get to a TRU and see if I can't find it.

I went into frys to try pm, but the manager saw through the trick and refused since you cannot actually go through with the store pickup online.

I tried ordering 10 times at different pickup location on the website but keep getting canceled.

So I went to Target in Warwick, RI (near Best Buy). They only have two left with clearance price of $34.98. Grab both and went to CS for PM. They looked it up on their iPad, confirmed, and I paid $32.10 including tax. :bouncy:

[quote name='ShadowEX']I tried ordering 10 times at different pickup location on the website but keep getting canceled.

So I went to Target in Warwick, RI (near Best Buy). They only have two left with clearance price of $34.98. Grab both and went to CS for PM. They looked it up on their iPad, confirmed, and I paid $32.10 including tax. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Might go to target .

I had 6 of them on layaway for black friday to see if they would ring up like the game only edition however I guess my walmart decided not to open layaway that night so I never found out if they would ring up at that price.

I did try to have them price match the online price but that was a no go as I expected, so I canceled that part of my layaway went home and about 30 min later the stock was updated on the website so I could order them for in store pickup.

Picked them up this morning with no problem. Thank you so much OP! I wouldn't have thought to check walmart online. Now i have 4 motes for our Wii U and 2 for My Moms =)

Sweet, I got one today! But it was a LOOOOOONG PROCESS.

Okay, so I ordered it online via site-to-store and got the cancellation email.

BUT.

I still went to Wally's World anywho. I couldn't find it on the store. However, I looked at the bottom (where the usually have them) and 3 copies were hiding behind 4 copies of Just Dance 4!

But I had issues.

I asked the associate to grab the copy and it rung up $49.99. I asked the associate to look at the site at the computer and showed him my cancelation receipt. He talked to his manager and she told him to add it to the inventory.

So I reordered it in the store, but didn't get a cancelation email. It took about two hours and I needed to head home anyways. So those two hours later I got an email at home that it was ready for pick up and score!

My suggestion if you want to take this deal:

1. Order and get the cancellation email (otherwise you'd have it.:D)
2. Take cancellation printout to the store.
3. Look for a copy on the floor and bring it to an associate.
4. Tell them that their system was wrong telling the website that none was avalible.
5. Hope for the best.
6. Enjoy!

If I already have a black wiimote plus and a regular white wiimote, is this worth getting? I may not pick up a wii u, depending on the games and exclusives, for maybe another 4-6 years unless they come up with a game that blows everyone away.

I know that Nintendo will make these unusable with future wii u games, sort of like they did with the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (which I haven't played yet) and how it can only be played with a wiimote plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brock F'N Sampson;10221617]If I already have a black wiimote plus and a regular white wiimote said:
Depends on how you look at it and what you want to do. Currently it has little to no use on the Wii U, but there are some games (in Nintendo Land) that require it. This can also be used on the Wii part to play games that require it.

Brock F'N Sampson;10221617]If I already have a black wiimote plus and a regular white wiimote said:
I would say it is worth getting if you need a new wiimote. I think a lot of people are looking for wiimotes right now to go with their Wii U since you need those to play a lot of games in local multiplayer.

Was able to get Target to pm 5 of these. Now I have an extra one for a friend. Went through an ordeal with Walmart 2 days ago and am glad this finally worked out.

I would say that these are even worth it if you have an older Wiimote... I am left wondering if Nintendo is going to add an addition that will make the wii motion plus obsolete... like wii motion plus plus

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']I would say that these are even worth it if you have an older Wiimote... I am left wondering if Nintendo is going to add an addition that will make the wii motion plus obsolete... like wii motion plus plus[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will change the Wiimotes further. Right now Nintendo has discussed adding a 2nd pad--that will require a pretty big software patch to support. Wiimote Plus is a good money maker, and it's a nice marketing nod to folks (parents) who have already invested
money in the system. Also, Nintendo didn't sell a whole lot of Wiimote Pluses because there was little game support on the Wii for them. Knowing how Nintendo likes to stretch their tech dollar, it makes since for them to push Motion Plus for the Wii U and get everyone to upgrade their plain Wiimotes.

Hey guys, the best I could do is edit a .pdf of the page-

2urs45c.jpg

Could be done better I suppose, but an inept Target employee probably won't check for little mistakes.

[quote name='UncleBob']Yeah... pretty sure that's plain entering fraud territory right there.[/QUOTE]

It was correct as of yesterday.

Been attempting to get this deal for days, and despite two stores in my area saying "Limited Stock" the site just wouldn't let me order from them. Until Monday when I managed to get one to go through. Later that night, though, I got a cancelation eMail. So I stopped by the store after work last night. I see one in the display case. The cardboard box had been opened, but I took a chance anyway. He rang it up and told me it was fifty-some-odd dollars. I told him it should be $15 and showed him the site on my droid. He called a CSM.

Guy shows up and tells me he doesn't pricematch the web, not even their own site. I told him that normally I would appreciate that, but I had put in an instore pickup the previous night but it was canceled because nobody could find it on the floor, and if they had, none of this would be an issue. He said he could guarentee that it's there if I want to order again, and I showed him how the store was not even showing up on my list of stores to pick up from anymore. He said it was too great a difference ($35) and the best he could do was sell it to me for $25. I said it's not worth $25, it was barely worth $15. When he still refused, I told him I wanted to speak to a higher up manager.

He got on the phone with someone for about 4 minutes and then came back and rang it through at $15. It's funny, I went to BestBuy just moments before to buy the special edition blu of "The game" which was $17.99 but ringing up at $30. All I did was show them their site and they matched right then and there. Walmart is a big conglomerate who makes their employees work on thanksgiving, whereas bestbuy is struggling, and yet they make a big stink over a $35 pricematch difference.

[quote name='Kain']Been attempting to get this deal for days, and despite two stores in my area saying "Limited Stock" the site just wouldn't let me order from them. Until Monday when I managed to get one to go through. Later that night, though, I got a cancelation eMail. So I stopped by the store after work last night. I see one in the display case. The cardboard box had been opened, but I took a chance anyway. He rang it up and told me it was fifty-some-odd dollars. I told him it should be $15 and showed him the site on my droid. He called a CSM.

Guy shows up and tells me he doesn't pricematch the web, not even their own site. I told him that normally I would appreciate that, but I had put in an instore pickup the previous night but it was canceled because nobody could find it on the floor, and if they had, none of this would be an issue. He said he could guarentee that it's there if I want to order again, and I showed him how the store was not even showing up on my list of stores to pick up from anymore. He said it was too great a difference ($35) and the best he could do was sell it to me for $25. I said it's not worth $25, it was barely worth $15. When he still refused, I told him I wanted to speak to a higher up manager.

He got on the phone with someone for about 4 minutes and then came back and rang it through at $15. It's funny, I went to BestBuy just moments before to buy the special edition blu of "The game" which was $17.99 but ringing up at $30. All I did was show them their site and they matched right then and there. Walmart is a big conglomerate who makes their employees work on thanksgiving, whereas bestbuy is struggling, and yet they make a big stink over a $35 pricematch difference.[/QUOTE]

I think it more or less depends on the person or culture of the store. Sometimes u gotta play the games the right way. You got what u want in the end, right?

Yep. I guess it just would have been nice if I didn't have to argue until I was blue in the face. It was like the parrot sketch, just not funny.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Is there a way to get a cached version of the price? Target matches Walmart.com for the holiday season-

http://pressroom.target.com/news/ta...-and-digital-offerings-for-the-holiday-season[/QUOTE]

Interesting...I tried to PM at Target on BF (for a flash drive), but they claimed they were not PMing at all on BF or the day after.

Anyways, I saved the page as a PDF of it, but if the price is back up online, I don't know if it matters...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12443810/wiiplaymotion.pdf

[quote name='Kain']

He got on the phone with someone for about 4 minutes and then came back and rang it through at $15. It's funny, I went to BestBuy just moments before to buy the special edition blu of "The game" which was $17.99 but ringing up at $30. All I did was show them their site and they matched right then and there. Walmart is a big conglomerate who makes their employees work on thanksgiving, whereas bestbuy is struggling, and yet they make a big stink over a $35 pricematch difference.[/QUOTE]

Your long story was worth reading as "The Game" with Michael Douglas is a great flick. :applause:

So, I ordered 2 a couple of days ago for pickup at one of the few local Walmarts that showed stock. It got cancelled. Then no area Walmarts were showing stock. I kept checking, and last night, all of a sudden, it was showing in stock at another local Walmart. I ordered 3, knowing they would be cancelled. This morning, to my surprise, I got a pickup notification. Was able to get all 3. When I eventually get a Wii U (Deluxe), it will be nice to have the matching black WM+ (all my others are white with the motion plus dongle from way back).

I can't fine a deal on this set for under $37 either Amazon or Ebay. Phew!
For those who purchased multiple copies, are you willing to sell??

[quote name='Kelegacy']picked up my 3 copies tonight. Probably should have grabbed another at least but oh well.[/QUOTE]

I only did an order for 1 and I'm not sure I'm even going to bother picking it up. 50 miles round trip and having to go into a Walmart not sure equals the savings here... I'll have to find an excuse to head to that area in order to justify it ;).

bread's done
Back