Wii Punch-Out $10 Gift Card @ BB w/purchase and Rewards Zone/Gamers Club Coupon

musick

CAGiversary!
$10 gift card with purchase @ BB when you use coupon given as part of Rewards Zone Gamers Club (free)

Offer valid 5/19/09 – 5/31/09. In store only.

Free $10 Gift Card with Punch-Out!! for Wii™
when you use your Reward Zone® program membership:
(Limit 3 per offer)

Nice deal, I was planning on getting anyways.

bestbuypunchout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i just checked the gamer club reward zone stuff. i find it funny that there's a $20 off coupon for Quantum of Solace, both regular and collector's edition. that makes it $10 again.

It looks like I'm going to cancel my pre-order over at Amazon and head to Best Buy. Especially since I have some Reward Zone certificates to burn, a coupon to reduce it 3 bucks more plus a free 10 dollar gift card.

Can you guys believe I told my wife about this game and she had never even heard of the original? I mean come on, it was a freaking classic!

I don't see any way that this game is going to be anything but awesome.

Will probably have to bite on this deal. I wasn't planning on paying $50 for this game but I could justify it with the $10 gift card.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Will probably have to bite on this deal. I wasn't planning on paying $50 for this game but I could justify it with the $10 gift card.
344.jpg
[/quote]
I would say go for it, its defiantly justifiable with the extra $10! I dont think I'm going to pass up on this deal. Good find.:)

Thanks, it is a good alternative for those without ESA! As Amazon has it for $47 and if you can apply the ESA 10% discount, its prob about the same as BB deal + tax.

[quote name='retromufc']Can you guys believe I told my wife about this game and she had never even heard of the original? I mean come on, it was a freaking classic!

I don't see any way that this game is going to be anything but awesome.[/quote]

Females don't know about video games, but I bet my sister knows about it. Anyway, it looks like this might push me to get it, seeing as how Nintendo games take so long to depreciate in value.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']Females don't know about video games, but I bet my sister knows about it. Anyway, it looks like this might push me to get it, seeing as how Nintendo games take so long to depreciate in value.[/QUOTE]

I dont know man... These days thats iffy, shovelware first party efforts seem to depreciate now days. Look at endless ocean, or animal crossing.

Punch out, from what I have seen, is kinda, just updated graphics, with motion controls slapped on. The only new boxer is Disco kid!

[quote name='gomikeoh']I dont know man... These days thats iffy, shovelware first party efforts seem to depreciate now days. Look at endless ocean, or animal crossing.

Punch out, from what I have seen, is kinda, just updated graphics, with motion controls slapped on. The only new boxer is Disco kid![/quote]

That's why I'm a little hesitant in buying it too, but nostalgia just beckons. It's supposed to have a lot of replay value, but I tend not to replay games, plus the multiplayer doesn't really look that amazing. I might just wait until TRU's yearly buy 2, get 1 free game since I'm planning to buy MadWorld, this, and another game for $100 total.

Also, this is the link to the coupon:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_GIFTCD

[quote name='n2Deepeth']That's why I'm a little hesitant in buying it too, but nostalgia just beckons. It's supposed to have a lot of replay value, but I tend not to replay games, plus the multiplayer doesn't really look that amazing. I might just wait until TRU's yearly buy 2, get 1 free game since I'm planning to buy MadWorld, this, and another game for $100 total.

Also, this is the link to the coupon:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_GIFTCD[/QUOTE]

According to the reviews, the game is 1.5 hours long on normal. On hard mode. 5 hours long.

FIVE...HOURS!
Also reviews have said that the multiplayer is severely lacking.

Only nintendo could get away with that.

Thanks for this. Will jump on this for sure. It's a boxing/puzzle game. How long is it supposed to be to play through it. I STILL play through the original all the time. It's just fun, for me at least.

[quote name='gomikeoh']According to the reviews, the game is 1.5 hours long on normal. On hard mode. 5 hours long.

FIVE...HOURS!
Also reviews have said that the multiplayer is severely lacking.

Only nintendo could get away with that.[/quote]

What reviews? I looked on gamerankings.com and metacritic and didn't find anything about a review of the game

Five hours is a marathon game of Punch-Out!! This isn't a long adventure game. This sounds like it'll be just the right length. Best Buy's coupon has definitely made me decide where I'll be buying the game. I'll use the GC towards inFamous the next week :)

[quote name='joshnorm']What reviews? I looked on gamerankings.com and metacritic and didn't find anything about a review of the game[/QUOTE]

The review was in the official nintendo magazine in the UK. You can google it up, though it looks like the article was taken down because there was a media embargo on it...

But I read it a couple days ago, pre embargo, and it was stating how the game would have gotten a 70% on normal mode or something like that, because of its length. But it got raised to like a 90 on hard, because of the 5 hour mark.

LOL.

Thats really funny that it got raised 20% because of hitting the 5 hour mark.

Sure you guys might say 5 hours is good for punch out... But in my opinion its not worth 50 bucks, mostly because theres only 1 new char!

Hm? I read through the full ONM UK review when it was still up, and they didn't mention any specific hour figures. They just said that Punch-Out! veterans will likely breeze through the first mode, since the boxers have similar patterns and weaknesses as the original, but they will run into a real challenge when they play through Title Defense, which mixes things up quite noticeably (During their run-through of Title Defense,
they said that they lost to the upgraded Glass Joe, of all people
).

Plus, there are still the challenges for each boxer in Exhibition Mode, and ONMUK hinted that there was still a final surprise that "will please everyone."

[quote name='Official Nintendo Magazine UK']Punch Out!! does a fantastic job of appealing to everyone. The first set of 13 fights is essentially an introduction to newcomers who have never played a Punch Out!! game before, while the World B mode and Exhibition fights provide the real hardcore challenge for dedicated gamers.[/quote]

[quote name='retromufc']Can you guys believe I told my wife about this game and she had never even heard of the original?[/quote]

Divorce. It's the only solution.

I didn't get into gaming until the N64, so this doesn't hold any nostalgia value for me. I don't think I'll be buying it, unless there's something huge they're still keeping secret.

[quote name='gaxur']
this doesn't hold any nostalgia value for me. [/QUOTE]

Being that this was the first NES game (Atari 2600 was my first console) I ever played (yes, even before Mario as I played this game while on vacation visiting a cousin up in NYC in the mid-80s), this game has a hold over me I just can't fully understand.

Tempting...too bad I can't get Best Buy to PM Amazon :p

I've heard nothing but praise for this game so far. I read GiantBomb's review in between watching Persona 4 Endurance Run episodes and Ryan Davis seemed to love it, and those guys have taste very similar to mine.

I'm almost tempted to enter GameStop's little PunchOut tournament though just so I can get a feel for the game.

i would pick this up if it was a budget title of $20. The reason why the originl was a classic because it's much better in 16-bit. I'll pass, thanks though.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']i would pick this up if it was a budget title of $20. The reason why the originl was a classic because it's much better in 16-bit. I'll pass, thanks though.[/QUOTE]

First off, $20 for a 1st party nintendo title? lol, good luck.

Second, if the "originl" was a classic because it was "16-bit", then what was the Arcade version and 8bit NES version? Pre-Originl?

Please keep your hate and lack of knowledge out of future Punch-Out threads.

Just picked up my copy during lunch and can't wait to get out of work. Thanks for the heads up. $10 giftcard will go towards wii points card (Majora's Mask)

LOL Speaking of this game a guy in my class was playing the original in between lectures today. I miss the old days of Super Punch Out. That game was a challenge.

Thanks for heads up - coupon scanned perfectly, got my GC, no hassles whatsoever.

Gonna use the gift card + some RZ certs for a cheap copy of Infamous.. thanks again OP! I prefer this over the Amazon deal because, even though with Prime, I wanted this game today and not Thurs or Fri - and the gift card offer was too sweet to not want to combine with all my RZ certs I've been sitting on.

[quote name='hothitter']First off, $20 for a 1st party nintendo title? lol, good luck.

Second, if the "originl" was a classic because it was "16-bit", then what was the Arcade version and 8bit NES version? Pre-Originl?

Please keep your hate and lack of knowledge out of future Punch-Out threads.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

True.

I was about to say that a few people on here seem to keep mentioning the SNES 16 bit version as the original...

Dudes that WAS NOT the original.

The original console version was the 8-bit NES version, and it was not called just 'Punch-Out' or 'Super Punch Out', it was 'MIKE TYSON'S Punch Out'.

Damn man am I that old that I still remember the commercials of the game with Tyson playing against a kid?

Wasn't the original the arcade game that I piled endless quarters into down at the 7-11 in like 1983 after it replaced the Dragon's Lair cabinet that always broke?

Damn, I'm old.

[quote name='Justin42']Wasn't the original the arcade game that I piled endless quarters into down at the 7-11 in like 1983 after it replaced the Dragon's Lair cabinet that always broke?

Damn, I'm old.[/QUOTE]

Yes, however when speaking about the console iterations the Tyson one was the 'original'.

If your going back to the beginning of the game itself, no matter the platform, then yes, the Arcade version started the entire Punch Out series.

I have the Wii Punch Out! In fact what people are saying - how long it takes to beat the game, it really depends on how you play. You can play with the Wii controller like the old NES, you can use the nunchuck and punch normally, or you can also hook up the Wii Fit Board and do the left and right and duck with it. I am playing the game with the Wii Fit board and it takes a lot longer than 1.5 hours on normal. Sometimes the timing of your duck or whatever on the Wii Fit board doesn't register. It's weird. And sometimes if you hit the up direction to jab, sometimes Little Mac won't do any jabs. Its kind of strange. Takes a lot getting used to when I'm used to the Wii Fit Boxing.

At anyrate, is it worth $40, probably not, but hell it's a game that I can use the Wii Fit board for, and I love playing it. I still have my NES Mike Tyson's Punch Out, and I actually could never beat Mike Tyson. I know there was a secret to defeat him but my hands were never that quick when I was young.

bread's done
Back