Wii Racing Wheel

how you know it's good?it didn't even come out yet.It kinda stupid to waste extra money on object that doesn't do much

[quote name='fatbeer']how you know it's good?it didn't even come out yet.It kinda stupid to waste extra money on object that doesn't do much[/QUOTE]

I got a Gamecrazy branded one at Gamecrazy a couple days ago. It makes Excite Truck a LOT more entertaining and easier to control.

Seriously.

This isnt a deal though....

I can understand a wheel if it had triggers for shifting, gas and brake right on the wheel to make things easier, but if it's nothing but a piece of plastic to put the wiimote in what is the point?

[quote name='Gamestop.com']Features non-slip, ergonomic side grips, and ultra-light materials[/quote]

Is it safe to say this one isn't weighted, compared to the Ubisoft flavor? I'm curious which is more preferable.

I don't think the idea of a wheel is entirely dumb-- I would never pay a substantial amount for a wheel. I'd be more inclined to tape the remote to a plate.
But the product makes sense. Have any of the absolute haters even played a Wii racer? I tried Excite Truck out and it works fine when you hold just the Wii mote, but I imagine it'd be more comfortable to be able to grip a steering wheel.

[quote name='DX']I got a Gamecrazy branded one at Gamecrazy a couple days ago. It makes Excite Truck a LOT more entertaining and easier to control.

Seriously.

This isnt a deal though....[/QUOTE] This doesn't make sense to me. ExciteTruck is controlled by tilting it left and right (like a see-saw), not rotating it (like a steering wheel). I don't see how the steering wheel would make that game any better. Just curious.

I'd like to give a steering wheel a try. I think it would make playing a racing game a more immersive experience.

Well it is cheap so i guess we can't argue too much that it's just a piece of molded plastic a frisbee or a plate can easily cost more

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Just wait until GT Pro Series or Monster 4x4 go down in price (and they will). That way, at least you're getting a game along with it.[/QUOTE]

This was my plan too.

[quote name='fairtrade']I seem to recall that these things go for practically nothing used at EBGS and I see them there all the time.[/quote]

What is 'pratically nothing'?

I forget exactly. I think it was between $1.99 - $4.99. If they're $9.99 new it might have been $7.99 (knowing EBGS) but I don't think it would have stuck out in my mind if it had been. Then again maybe it stuck out because they had a metric shitload of them.

Meh, sorry if they're $7.99+, I just remember it seemed cheap, I had no interest in them myself. IMO they should have included one of these w/ ExciteTruck.

[quote name='mastarecoil']What is 'pratically nothing'?[/quote]

[quote name='Scrubking']I can understand a wheel if it had triggers for shifting, gas and brake right on the wheel to make things easier, but if it's nothing but a piece of plastic to put the wiimote in what is the point?[/QUOTE]

You don't need some stupid triggers. Just buy the wheel and stop being sucha sissy.

[quote name='mastarecoil']If you apply a force onto it, you will recieve a feedback force equal, opposite and colinear.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? NIntendo makes such kewl stuff. ;-)

bread's done
Back