Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ChibiJosh']Well, hopefully with the addition of the new system, they'll start releasing 3 again.[/quote]

did i miss something? there will be a new system added?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Game gear and Master System[/quote]

maybe im unappreciative, but W(ho)TF wants to play game gear games on any tv?

i still have one, and they all pretty much sucked.

[quote name='orntar']maybe im unappreciative, but W(ho)TF wants to play game gear games on any tv?

i still have one, and they all pretty much sucked.[/quote]
Well, I'm personally hoping for Shining Force Gaiden 1-3 even though 1+2 were redone in Shining Force CD. Sega CD isn't part of the VC (yet) so I have to make due with what I can.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Well, I'm personally hoping for Shining Force Gaiden 1-3 even though 1+2 were redone in Shining Force CD. Sega CD isn't part of the VC (yet) so I have to make due with what I can.[/quote]

Ah shining force for game gear.. one of the best games..

Ever. I remember finding the two hidden characters.. rush and hanzou, but accident lol

With Master System being added.. i hope I can get ahold of T4Revan and see if he can make me ANOTHER banner :lol: I truly love what he's done with the banners and I hope he continues to stay on board here at CAG.

[quote name='Foladar']Pleaseplease good VC games for Mondayyyyyy .. don't they usually "leak" around this time?[/QUOTE]

Usually after 8pm we will know.
We are at 196 games right now.. so Monday can be a few things.
They can give us ANOTHER 2 games and that'd be it. Which in turn would make the FOLLOWING week the week where the 200th game debuts.
They can be really awesome and give us FOUR games that will include the 200th game. They did this for the 100th game, so it's very much possible.
OR they can be a little bit cooler and give us at least our 3 games again, which would make the next week 200th game.

So there's potential there.
Honestly, I really think our 200th game will be 1080 Snowboarding. Seriously. Japan AND Europe both have it.

I want the 3 star wars games for the snes!
WTF 1 game released in Europe? I am starting to wonder if some of the games I want like Samurai Shodown 5 special will ever come out.:cry:

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'll take Harvest Moon as the 200th game.[/QUOTE]

Same here.
BTW, the PR hasn't been released yet. Sigh. This is getting old.. :lol:

EDIT: Well here. I have SOME info to share \\:D/
The Hudson website has updated their VC site for February, and we will be getting 2 Turbografx titles in February.
They are..
Lords of Thunder (TGCD) 800 Points
Psychosis (TG16) 600 Points

Anyone know anything of these 2 games?

Lords of Thunder is a horizontally scrolling shmup with some of the greatest music ever.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlcOOs0n1Rg[/MEDIA]

This video is of the JP version but it was the best example of the music I could find.

Psychosis... I dunno.

As far as Samurai Shodown V Special coming to the VC, I really doubt it will. SNK Playmore said something about keeping it exclusive to the AES system as a sort of final "thank you" to their fans.

Hey, that sounds cool. I've had the Lords of Thunder soundtrack for years now (a gift from a friend) but I never knew the game itself. Looks like that time has come at last!

Monday.
ONE. fuckING. GAME.

Jan. 28, 2008

Wii-kly Update: New Classic Game Added to Wii Shop Channel

Traverse the half-pipe from the comfort of your living room. With this classic game, it's Winter Break all the time. Freestyle through white powder, and school your best pal with your new trick! Did you get air?

This new classic game goes live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new game is:

1080°® SNOWBOARDING (N64®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Hit the slopes for some serious shredding in one of the first truly realistic snowboarding games ever created! Start in the lodge and select from five characters, each with his/her own particular attributes and special tricks. Then take a look at the wide assortment of available boards and choose one that best suits your rider and style. Once you’ve got the gear, six different modes of play, including Match Race, Trick Attack, and 2-Player Versus, await. Pick a course and get ready to experience a sensation of speed that’ll make you forget all about the cold—but it might just send a shiver down your spine. Throw in hidden characters and boards, varying weather and snow conditions, multiple paths through each course, and a variety of tricks to master—topped off with rock-solid play control—and you’ve got a recipe for winter fun that you can enjoy any time of the year. It’s all the fun and excitement of the sport, without the bruises and frostbite!

[quote name='rapsodist']So instead of things getting better for the Virtual Console in 2008, so far they've just gotten worse. :roll: At least the games themselves haven't been bad, so if you want you could argue quality over quantity. At this point I'd prefer quantity just so we can get everything on there as quickly as possible.[/quote]

1080° huh? What I said a week ago still applies.

Well there goes the "1080 for the 200th game" theory.

You know really makes me mad??
Since we are getting ONE game, that means we will be up to 197 games.
WHICH MEANS..
NEXT Monday, it's possible that we will get 2 games..thats 199 games.
So if we are getting anything special for the 200th game..then it's possible we may have to wait an additional 2 weeks. Man. They really better give us a good one now! Grrr.

Better games, more selection, immediately.
I have 5000+ points to spend, but I'd like to grab a good RPG, or something.

[quote name='lilboo']Well there goes the "1080 for the 200th game" theory.

You know really makes me mad??
Since we are getting ONE game, that means we will be up to 197 games.
WHICH MEANS..
NEXT Monday, it's possible that we will get 2 games..thats 199 games.
So if we are getting anything special for the 200th game..then it's possible we may have to wait an additional 2 weeks. Man. They really better give us a good one now! Grrr.[/quote]

I don't know why your so adament about something special happening for #200. I mean, #100 is a milestone, but #200 is just like "Okay, we've already done this one. Nothing special about it." I can see a big event for like #500 or #1000, but I think you're expecting too much thinking that they're going to do something special for every 100, but it'd be nice.

For Christmas, my gf's family wanted to know what to get me.

They don't know me well at all, so I told my gf to tell them Wii Points, since there's no way they could screw that up.

So I got 3 Wii Point cards.

And the more I think about it, I should have just asked for Microsoft Points instead, even though I didn't have a 360 prior to Christmas Day, knowing that they would come in handy once I finally got a system.

This is getting ridiculous.

[quote name='rapsodist']1080° huh? What I said a week ago still applies.[/QUOTE]

You know and it's very true. Even though we have been getting LESS games, they have all been pretty solid. Maybe not AAA titles or even AA..but at least B titles :bouncy:

But damn. Since they are adding Master System titles as of next month..they really need to pick up the slack and give us FOUR titles a week. We have quite a bit of systems now, and 3-4 games a week wouldn't really be that uncalled for.

I just hope it starts to pick up soon. I'll somewhat accept 2 games a week as long as they are decent. Once we get 2 games that completely suck, or even worse..ONE game in a week and that game is TERRIBLE...THEN we can all lose our minds :grouphug:

[quote name='lilboo']
But damn. Since they are adding Master System titles as of next month..[/QUOTE]
The article from the other thread mentioned Japan, and in other countries soon after, but did it say next month for sure for North America anywhere?
I also don't think they'll make a huge deal over #200 but the way they're slowing down releases is making me think they're trying to push #200 with Brawl.

[quote name='Foladar']The article from the other thread mentioned Japan, and in other countries soon after, but did it say next month for sure for North America anywhere?
I also don't think they'll make a huge deal over #200 but the way they're slowing down releases is making me think they're trying to push #200 with Brawl.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it said for sure, but I can't see us not getting them. It's not like the Master System DIDN'T come out in NA. I am starting to think there won't be anything special for 200 now. I know they made sort of a big deal over 100, so it WOULD make sense for them to do the same for 200. Maybe 250 is a better milestone..yes?

[quote name='Strell']For Christmas, my gf's family wanted to know what to get me.

They don't know me well at all, so I told my gf to tell them Wii Points, since there's no way they could screw that up.

And the more I think about it, I should have just asked for Microsoft Points instead, even though I didn't have a 360 prior to Christmas Day, knowing that they would come in handy once I finally got a system.

This is getting ridiculous.[/quote]I recommend you send them to me immediately. I have about 2000 points plus another 2000 point card unopened, but I have about 10 games to buy eventually. Unfortunately I haven't played most of what I've bought let alone what was gifted to me last month yet.

Oh man, that Lords of Thunder looks pretty cool. Anyone know if it's 2 player co-op? I'm having difficulty finding any info on it. If it is, I'll have to buy it.

[quote name='Strell']For Christmas, my gf's family wanted to know what to get me.

This is getting ridiculous.[/quote]
Yup, once you have a 360 you start realizing how much a rip a lot of these VC games are. No improvements -- online multiplayer/leaderboards and the like. Just plain ol' ports.

Anyway, Harvest Moon would be nice... that game is terrific.

[quote name='yukine']Yup, once you have a 360 you start realizing how much a rip a lot of these VC games are. No improvements, online multiplayer, and the like. Just plain ol' ports.[/QUOTE]

No, cuz I'm not buying any of the games that are shared between them. I'll buy the best from Nintendo systems of the past just as much as I'll buy the ability to play Catan online or an emulated Psychonauts.

It's not a question of features in a game. It's a question of what I value.

You're taking this into a completely different discussion. Completely different discussion.

The things I want on XBL - Pacman CE, Rez HD, etc - aren't being offered anywhere else. Just like Zelda.

[quote name='Strell']No, cuz I'm not buying any of the games that are shared between them. I'll buy the best from Nintendo systems of the past just as much as I'll buy the ability to play Catan online or an emulated Psychonauts.

It's not a question of features in a game. It's a question of what I value.

You're taking this into a completely different discussion. Completely different discussion.

The things I want on XBL - Pacman CE, Rez HD, etc - aren't being offered anywhere else. Just like Zelda.[/quote]
I get what you're saying, it's just I own anything that is worth buying already in cart or in some other form. What I'm trying to say is, I'd like it if Nintendo added anything so I can justify spending the money on games I already own. :lol:

It's true you're paying for convenience, but I already have these systems hooked up anyway. I guess no blowing on carts is worth $5.00+?

I like centralizing. I like being able to switch out of all of those games quickly and without having to mess with cables and carts and such.

So yeah - the convenience is enough for me.

The discussion about whether or not that holds true for others is another beast altogether.

No big deal.

Lemme know if you want to rock something later tonight.

[quote name='lilboo']I don't believe it said for sure, but I can't see us not getting them. It's not like the Master System DIDN'T come out in NA. I am starting to think there won't be anything special for 200 now. I know they made sort of a big deal over 100, so it WOULD make sense for them to do the same for 200. Maybe 250 is a better milestone..yes?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure we'll get the Master System sooner or later, but the article made it seem like it wasn't given a date yet in NA so wasn't sure if someone else read something. And I agree on purchasing VC games, I purchase the games I enjoy so I can play them easily, rather than having to pull out the NES/SNES and fight with the carts, and the price isn't crazy. I'd enjoy some extra features, but I'm alright with them the way they are.

[quote name='yukine']I get what you're saying, it's just I own anything that is worth buying already in cart or in some other form. What I'm trying to say is, I'd like it if Nintendo added anything so I can justify spending the money on games I already own. :lol:

It's true you're paying for convenience, but I already have these systems hooked up anyway. I guess no blowing on carts is worth $5.00+?[/QUOTE]

It is getting that way for me. I'm concerned about long term VC plans (will Nintendo keep the VC going on the next system, ect...)

But for now the convenience of just one system is imense. I just rewired my video setup to account for a new TV server (U-Verse if you are curious) and in the process I removed a NES, SNES, Sega Genesis W/CD, N64, and Dreamcast. While I would like to display them in some fashion, I just dont have room, so they will set boxed up for the short term. Now my Wii and Xbox 360 have room (especially the space heating 360).

Plus the VC offers me a wonderful option. I can purchase games for the family members who were born after earlier systems were released. My younger sister now has every Zelda game on her Wii even though she wasnt old enough to play games until the PS2 was released.

Regarding my post above.

Can the CAGers recomend a few games on the VC that have that so called universal appeal? I'm looking to load a few games onto the VCs of folks who really only play Wii Sport, Wii Play, and WarioWare.

Kirby comes to mind, as does the orginal Super Mario Bros due its status, but other than that I am drawing a blank.

[quote name='foltzie']
Kirby comes to mind, as does the orginal Super Mario Bros due its status, but other than that I am drawing a blank.[/quote]
SMB 1 is ok, but SMB 3 or SMW are way better. Mario Kart 64 is a fun racer. I've played Kirby's Adventure and it's pretty boring. Holding out for Wii Ware games like Pop! and the inevitable Popcap games on WiiWare could be better for the Wii Sports casual crowd.

I'd recommend Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, Kirby's Adventure, Alien Crush and Devil's Crush, Balloon Fight, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine or Kirby's Avalanche, Pokemon Snap, any of the Bonk platformers, and Bomberman '93. All of those are easy to understand and pick up and play.

[quote name='Halo05']Lords of Thunder is a horizontally scrolling shmup with some of the greatest music ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlcOOs0n1Rg

This video is of the JP version but it was the best example of the music I could find.

Psychosis... I dunno.

As far as Samurai Shodown V Special coming to the VC, I really doubt it will. SNK Playmore said something about keeping it exclusive to the AES system as a sort of final "thank you" to their fans.[/quote]
Wrong, it came out in the arcades in Japan. I have seen the legit mvs kits for sale. Don't believe anything SNKGaymore tells you. Yes, Lords of thunder is almost upon us.
I guess Nintendo is to busy counting their money these days to release more than 1 decade old game?

[quote name='yukine']I get what you're saying, it's just I own anything that is worth buying already in cart or in some other form. What I'm trying to say is, I'd like it if Nintendo added anything so I can justify spending the money on games I already own. :lol:

It's true you're paying for convenience, but I already have these systems hooked up anyway. I guess no blowing on carts is worth $5.00+?[/QUOTE]

The convenience -- time and space -- is significant. Also, there are a lot of games I don't own. I used to borrow them or never picked them up in the first place. Even games I own in multiple forms like Super Mario Bros. is worth it for me because I will play it (and thus enjoy it) a lot more having it available at the push of a button.

Ooh, it did get an MVS release.

Still, if Samurai Spirits V Special ever gets on the Wii VC, I'll mail you a brand new Sega Saturn. It's not going to happen.

[quote name='yukine']

Convenience is a HUGE factor to me. I just don't know what to do with all these cart games though...

Would you guys recomend Bonk's Adventure over Bonk's Revenage? (I've never played either but I'm hearing good things about the both of them)

[quote name='Foo228']Would you guys recomend Bonk's Adventure over Bonk's Revenage? (I've never played either but I'm hearing good things about the both of them)[/QUOTE]

YES! Last month I went on a crazy Virtual Console craze and I played Bonk's Adventure..and beat it. I then downloaded Bonk's Revenge and have NOT beat it.. LOL They are both awesome games though. I also played and beat Air Zonk.. so give that a try too :)

I never really liked the Bonk games. They just seemed boring to me. I didn't ever play past the first few levels though, do they get way better later on?

[quote name='lilboo']YES! Last month I went on a crazy Virtual Console craze and I played Bonk's Adventure..and beat it. I then downloaded Bonk's Revenge and have NOT beat it.. LOL They are both awesome games though. I also played and beat Air Zonk.. so give that a try too :)[/quote]

I did some "research" and I really like how they did Bonk's Adventure and Air Zonk...setting one as a prehistoric platformer and one in the future as a shooter

Looks like I'll be getting just BA and AZ (unsure of BR and BAIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back