Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The leak hasnt hit yet.. what a shock.

its always leaked before midday on friday.. Must be decent titles.. or else someone is just really slow

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Wow. The leak hasnt hit yet.. what a shock.

its always leaked before midday on friday.. Must be decent titles.. or else someone is just really slow[/QUOTE]

Well someone said that 1080 snowboarding is likely, but that is about it.

Someone needs to leak this Mondays game, or else it better be good.
Watch the games not get leaked, and be one of the worst Mondays.

Wii-kly Update: Two New Classic Games Added to Wii Shop Channel

Let’s take a quick personality test. Are you the type of person who likes to solve problems by analyzing clues, collecting information and methodically reaching your goal? Or are you more the type to thrust a double-footed kick into someone’s face and follow it with a few body blows? Your answers to those questions should help you decide which popular game to choose this week.

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

ADVENTURES OF LOLO 2 (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Lolo and Lala are back in this sequel to the popular puzzle game THE ADVENTURES OF LOLO. On their return from the Haunted Castle, the Great Devil kidnaps Lala and challenges Lolo to rescue her again. Now he must take on the challenge of the Great Devil’s Tower and Castle mazes. Fortunately, Lala was able to analyze each of the mazes as she was taken to the tower and left clues in the Jewel Boxes in each room. Each Jewel that Lolo collects contains information that will help him in the next room. In order to succeed, he’ll also have to push tiles, pick up Heart Framers, temporarily turn enemies into Eggs with his Magic Shots and ward off enemy attacks by moving Emerald Framers. With your help, Lolo and Lala will work together to escape the Great Devil’s clutches and defeat him.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER™ II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen – Violence, 800 Wii Points): When SUPER STREET FIGHTER II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS debuted, the fighting-game genre was forever changed. Along with a revolutionary combo system, the game introduced a new set of challengers to fight alongside the original Street Fighter II cast. In addition to the classic characters of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Blanka, E. Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim, Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison, take control of four brand-new characters in exciting head-to-head fighting game play. Choose T. Hawk and his unmatched strength to crush your opponents, use Deejay’s unrivaled kickboxing ability to defeat your opponents, unleash your inner dragon with the furious kung fu of Fei Long and drill your rivals with the deadly beauty of Cammy. Get ready for the Street Fighter tournament and the fight of your life.

Not bad, really.
But ANOTHER 2 games? :cry:

So instead of things getting better for the Virtual Console in 2008, so far they've just gotten worse. :roll: At least the games themselves haven't been bad, so if you want you could argue quality over quantity. At this point I'd prefer quantity just so we can get everything on there as quickly as possible.

For Super Nintendo, they're just missing the ambitious but flawed port of Street Fighter Alpha 2.

If they decide to do the Genesis ones, there are two there.

If they go really random and decide to bring over the Japanese PC Engine port, that's one more.

See, they are most likely holding 1080 back to make it our 200th game.

Pretty good release for monday, I'm definitely in for Lolo 2. I do wish they would go back to 3 games a week though.

Like Zelda 2 wasn't a disappointment for game 100?

Anyway. So I've been thinking of picking up Monster Lair for some co-op shmuppy fun. Anyone have any thoughts on the game? I played it way back in its Genesis incarnation and enjoyed it, but I'd like to hear some opinions before I plunk down my 8 bucks.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']1080 Snowboarding would be a MAJOR disappointment for the 200th game.[/quote]

Agreed. While it is a decent game and I had fun with it when it was released, it just doesn't make a great milestone release. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it looks like that's what they are going to do. I doubt I'll buy it either, so I hope they bring out some other good games with it.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']1080 Snowboarding would be a MAJOR disappointment for the 200th game.[/quote]

How so? What are you expecting here? It's not as though Nintendo's made any bold promises, at least not to my knowledge. 1080° isn't a bad game anyway. If we got Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool, then I would see cause for MAJOR disappointment in all caps.

It's funny the past few days I was in a I want to play a fighter mode. Then Nintendo puts the street figter I want on the VC, lol :lol:

Awesome update.

Oh and what do you guys suggest as a puzzle type game (something zack and wiki ish?). I was thinking the first lolo, but I never got to play that one so I have no opinon.

Thanks

Another Monday, another savings in my 4000 Wii Points.
Back to three games please so we can get the bad stuff out there faster.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It's funny the past few days I was in a I want to play a fighter mode. Then Nintendo puts the street figter I want on the VC, lol :lol:

Awesome update.

Oh and what do you guys suggest as a puzzle type game (something zack and wiki ish?). I was thinking the first lolo, but I never got to play that one so I have no opinon.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I just posted about LOLO a little bit ago. It is pretty fun, some might say it is easy but I'm enjoying it. Can't beat it for 500 points.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It's funny the past few days I was in a I want to play a fighter mode. Then Nintendo puts the street figter I want on the VC, lol :lol:

Awesome update.

Thanks[/quote]Lolo should work for ya.

Hadn't we pretty much assumed that SSB would be the 200th game, to be released the Monday before Brawl, following in the footsteps of Super Metroid/MP3 and SMB3/Mario Galaxy?

[quote name='rapsodist']How so? What are you expecting here? It's not as though Nintendo's made any bold promises, at least not to my knowledge. 1080° isn't a bad game anyway. If we got Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool, then I would see cause for MAJOR disappointment in all caps.[/quote]

Well everyone seems to be hyping the 200th release, so if it's being hyped there should be a great game to back up the hype.

Wouldn't it be cool if we got something good for 200 like bangai-O or smash bros. But will probably get something like Legend of Success Joe.

Zelda 2 is very underrated in my opinion. Not something I would've chosen for a mile stone like the 100th VC game, but still a great game. But then again, I've always enjoyed sequels that were very different from the original and I know a lot of other people prefer the same thing over and over. Castlevania 2, Mario 2 (US version), and Zelda 2 are all up among my favorites in their respective series.

I just got a wii points card with the Brawl Wal-Mart GC. I was hoping to get a co-op shmup to play with my girlfriend, we've been playing a lot of Red Star and I think she'd like to try a genuine old-school shmup. Any recommendations?

If your girl is into beat-em-ups, get Streets of Rage 3.

[quote name='NeoSmith19']Castlevania 2, Mario 2 (US version), and Zelda 2 are all up among my favorites in their respective series.[/quote]Now that's a game. I think it could've done without the warp zones, though. I found out about them, and now I can never bring myself to go start to finish.

[quote name='tankexmortis']I just got a wii points card with the Brawl Wal-Mart GC. I was hoping to get a co-op shmup to play with my girlfriend, we've been playing a lot of Red Star and I think she'd like to try a genuine old-school shmup. Any recommendations?[/quote]

For shmups, I'd recommend Soldier Blade, Blazing Lazers, Air Zonk (and the sequel), Axelay, Super C, Contra 3, Gunstar Heroes, Gradius 1 and 3, Galaga and Galaga '90, R-Type and R-Type 3, Sin & Punishment and Top Hunter.

EDIT: I just realized you wanted co-op shmup recommendations. Of the ones I listed Super C, Contra 3, Gunstar Heroes, R-Type 3, and Top Hunter are all co-op.

You can't go wrong with any of the ones I listed though.

Steets of Rage 2 makes streets of rage 3 look and feel like shit.
I am pretty sure tophunter is coming out on a ps2 compilation with 15 other neo games, so don't waste your 9 bucks now. I believe the awesomeness that is shocktroopers, metal slug, , and neo-turf masters are all going to be on the compilation.:bouncy: You can blow off peoples body parts in shock troopers and it is great 2 player action.

Thanks all. I think I'll pick up a Contra game to start; although I'll be keeping my eyes out for that compilation; I've been trying to get as many of those as possible recently (just got Taito Legends 2 from eBay for 7 bucks).

I liked Zelda 2 in the day, but it just didn't hold up well. Plus, it's on the Zelda compilation GC disc which I already have.

I compare Zelda 2 to Mario 2. Both are black sheep in the franchise, but are still amazing games. Zelda 2 reminds me a bit of Castlevania, so that may be why I love it.

I can't wait to pick up Super Street Fighter 2. I've been holding off on getting any SF game until this came out.

I feel sorry for people that bought baseballstars 2 on the wii only to see it released in a 16 game neo-geo compilation months later. Just shows you how much of a ripoff the VC can be. Why doesn't the VC have online games again?

I actually asked Nintendo customer service why they don't have features rivaling free emulators (online play, graphics filters, remappable buttons), and they told me that the goal of the VC is to "preserve the games in their original form". Apparently adding features would compromise that goal.

Real reason: they are cheap bastards and realize that we'll buy the games regardless.

I really want to play original Smash Bros.
I wonder if it'll actually be out before Brawl. I mean, there's still plenty of time (GRRRR!!)..but still. I really enjoyed how they tried to hype up Metroid Prime 3 by having 1 week Metroid, the next week Super Metroid and they also had the preview channel for it. :applause: Now ONLY if they can do that for Brawl..But like Strell mentioned, they don't need to. Brawl is going to sell on it's own.

It really looks like 1080 will be our 200th game. Sigh. Oh well.

I don't see why you'd want to spend 10 bucks on the original Smash when the vastly superior sequel is coming out.

I do wonder if they could package the original game with Brawl as a kind of bonus? Is that possible with the VC?

[quote name='tankexmortis']I don't see why you'd want to spend 10 bucks on the original Smash when the vastly superior sequel is coming out.

I do wonder if they could package the original game with Brawl as a kind of bonus? Is that possible with the VC?[/quote]

Well, the game could force a firmware update that would update the shop channel to allow you to download it for free? But, then you could pretty much just put in it another dozen systems to let other people get it too, I guess.

Hmm, yeah. It'd probably have to be some kind of deal where you register the game with Nintendo and get Smash 64. Nevermind, then, that would be far less cool.

I would think it's a bad idea to release the original SB right before Brawl, since people would get a much cheaper taste of what is, essentially, the same gameplay. And might decide they don't need the full-priced version after all. But I'm sure they don't think this way.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Hmm, yeah. It'd probably have to be some kind of deal where you register the game with Nintendo and get Smash 64. Nevermind, then, that would be far less cool.[/quote]

Well, they could easily do that, I guess, like they did with the Zelda Stylus. Register the game, and they send you SSB to download (assuming you have your accounts linked).

looks like samurai shodown 1 is coming soon. They are trying to squeeze that one out before the ps2 neo-geo compilation. I really want smash bros and majoras mask soon.

[quote name='lilboo']I really want to play original Smash Bros.
I wonder if it'll actually be out before Brawl. I mean, there's still plenty of time (GRRRR!!)..but still. I really enjoyed how they tried to hype up Metroid Prime 3 by having 1 week Metroid, the next week Super Metroid and they also had the preview channel for it. :applause: Now ONLY if they can do that for Brawl..But like Strell mentioned, they don't need to. Brawl is going to sell on it's own.

It really looks like 1080 will be our 200th game. Sigh. Oh well.[/quote]Actually 1080 might not be our 200th game. Kirby's Adventure AND Kid Icarus (whos chacters are both in Brawl) did come out on the same day so there is hope that it will be our 199th game or 201st game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back