Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ChibiJosh']I think it's a little early for that. We just got this week's games. I think they're normally leaked over the weekend.[/quote]

I am impatient and just want new games that I might be interested in. I own Startropics and don't like fighter games too much. :(

[quote name='Kendal']I am impatient and just want new games that I might be interested in. I own Startropics and don't like fighter games too much. :([/QUOTE]

Hey, I love fighters but even King of Fighters 94 really dosn't hold up too well. Personally I want more N64 stuff and some new publishers to come in like lucasarts so we can maybe get super star wars.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Hey, I love fighters but even King of Fighters 94 really dosn't hold up too well. Personally I want more N64 stuff and some new publishers to come in like lucasarts so we can maybe get super star wars.[/quote]

Yeah, more 3rd party support would be great. But as for Star Wars, I would much rather have the original Rogue Squadron.

[quote name='Krymner']Yeah, more 3rd party support would be great. But as for Star Wars, I would much rather have the original Rogue Squadron.[/QUOTE]

good point. there's a ton of good shit on the N64, yet nothing is coming of it. I'll be pissed if the 360 gets the release of goldeneye on the 360 before the VC does >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']good point. there's a ton of good shit on the N64, yet nothing is coming of it. I'll be pissed if the 360 gets the release of goldeneye on the 360 before the VC does >_

I'm using the second post to keep track of Japan's & Europe's releases. BIG THANKS AGAIN TO T4REVAN for making those 2 banners again!!!

Woo fucking Hoo, finally bet Startropics after 15 years of not being able to beat it (had the game but the NES I once owned got sold in 2001 for other gaming systems so I could never get a true chance to finish it until now).

I am just so happy to put that game to rest. :applause: Thats one game off the games for NES I owned but never bet.

[quote name='yukine']Hopefully we get Harvest Moon for the SNES next, I've always liked that one the most.[/quote]

I always liked this game as well. I never could get into most of the others, but the Snes version was great.

Well it should be coming soon seeing as how Europe got it last week.

[quote name='NeoSmith19']I always liked this game as well. I never could get into most of the others, but the Snes version was great.

Well it should be coming soon seeing as how Europe got it last week.[/QUOTE]

I never go to play it, but am looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the N64 version though. The recent more 3D ones, have not been as satfisfying.

[quote name='NeoSmith19']I always liked this game as well. I never could get into most of the others, but the Snes version was great.

Well it should be coming soon seeing as how Europe got it last week.[/quote]

The gameboy edition was hard as hell.. the snes was fun though

Anyone got any news on this weeks releases? I checked kotaku, the wiire, and joystiq and nothing. Usually I don't care until monday but tomorrow I move back into my dorm in college and I want to know if I need to fuck with my router at my dorm or not this weekend if there is something good on monday.

Here I am :)

This will be for Monday, another 2 games.

Jan. 14, 2008

Wii-kly Update: Two New Classic Games Added to Wii Shop Channel

This week you can spend your time carefully planning puzzle strategies or rescuing a damsel in distress. Help one of the most iconic characters in all of video gamedom eat some troublesome ghosts or set off to defeat an evil organization using only your furious fists. The choice is yours. What are you in the mood for?

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

Pac-Attack (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Pac-Man makes a rare appearance outside of a maze environment in Pac-Attack, a fun and quirky puzzle game. This unique entry in the genre puts its own twist on established conventions and adds one of gaming’s most iconic characters to the mix. The goal is simple: Keep your screen clear of falling blocks and ghosts by lining up blocks horizontally, causing them to disappear. Clearing the ghosts, though, requires the help of a hungry Pac-Man (who just happens to swing by every so often for a snack). It’s up to you to get all of the ghosts lined up for him, because Pac-Man will keep eating them until he is stopped by a block or he runs out of ghosts. In addition, his range of movement on the playing field is limited to horizontal or downward—thus adding further strategy. There are three game modes to choose from: 1 Player Normal, 2 Player VS., and the challenging 1 Player Puzzle. Feel like gobbling up some ghosts?

Riot Zone (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, Rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older – Tobacco Reference, Violence, 800 Wii Points): Riot Zone is a side-scrolling fighting game that follows two heroes as they fight to take down an evil organization. The crime syndicate Dragon Zone has kidnapped Hawk’s girlfriend and it’s up to him and his partner detective, Tony, to get her back. Join them as they jump “fists first” into the grim Kowloon district. Play as Hawk or Tony and fight through all five stages in the deadly Kowloon district. Smash down the Dragon Zone goons in areas like the Harbor, Abandoned Warehouse and the Ghetto. Both characters have unique skills and attacks. Hawk is a master of karate, while Tony is a hard-hitter. That being said, both guys are massive and possess killer techniques. The hard-boiled action is enhanced by the game’s realistic sound effects.

The list of downloadable games is updated weekly on Nintendo’s Online Press Room at press.nintendo.com. For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com or contact:

Also, Europe got Star Tropics & Alien Storm. I'll be updating the Japan/Europe list shortly.

[quote name='seanr1221']2 games again? I hope this isn't a new trend :/[/QUOTE]

Probably not, I think they can start giving out 3 games a week now because the 200th game is coming up. They probably wanted to make sure it was on a week they can give out 3 games, instead of 2...but that's just me thinking too much into it! :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']Probably not, I think they can start giving out 3 games a week now because the 200th game is coming up. They probably wanted to make sure it was on a week they can give out 3 games, instead of 2...but that's just me thinking too much into it! :lol:[/QUOTE]

just a thought...

if they continue this 2 games a week thing for a little bit longer, we could conceivably get the 200th game on February 4th, which is the Monday before Smash Bros Brawl...

they MIGHT be planning N64 Smash to release BOTH with Wii Smash AND as the big milestone 200th game...

again, just a thought...

[quote name='karmapolice']What do you think the chances of Final Fantasy on the VC are?[/quote]When they stop selling the gameboy games completely.

[quote name='lilboo']So how is Pac-Attack? I think I played it before, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

its a puzzle version of pacman. you have bars and the ghost as one piece..in different shapes and sizes and your goal is to place the ghosts in a way so that when you get a pac man..he can chop them for high combo which gets you a high score...its like tetris and/or Wario Woods.....Its fun but not worth it..even if you have tons of points(lilboo)

Wow Pac-Attack, that was really random. I was kind of expecting Harvest Moon.

I may get it though, it looks pretty fun and it should tide me over until they get around to releasing Tetris Attack.

[quote name='karmapolice']What do you think the chances of Final Fantasy on the VC are?[/quote]

Not too good at the moment since Square seems to have a stick up their asses and would rather port their old games to the DS and the GBA. I don't see why they can't do both, especially since the VC requires them to do virtually nothing and they still get paid. It's like getting free money.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']When they stop selling the gameboy games completely.[/quote]I honestly can't imagine them porting/remaking FFI-VI again once the DS remakes are done. So after that time, I'd imagine they will be looked at.

Pac-Attack (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Pac-Man makes a rare appearance outside of a maze environment in Pac-Attack, a fun and quirky puzzle game. This unique entry in the genre puts its own twist on established conventions and adds one of gaming’s most iconic characters to the mix. The goal is simple: Keep your screen clear of falling blocks and ghosts by lining up blocks horizontally, causing them to disappear. Clearing the ghosts, though, requires the help of a hungry Pac-Man (who just happens to swing by every so often for a snack). It’s up to you to get all of the ghosts lined up for him, because Pac-Man will keep eating them until he is stopped by a block or he runs out of ghosts. In addition, his range of movement on the playing field is limited to horizontal or downward—thus adding further strategy. There are three game modes to choose from: 1 Player Normal, 2 Player VS., and the challenging 1 Player Puzzle. Feel like gobbling up some ghosts

THIS. IS. AWESOME. I have this inserted into my snes right now. hell, I'll buy it so I can play two player! Pac-attack is basiclly tetris+pac-man, which might sound weird, but is a winning combo. Definitely worth it, I'm buying it, despite owning the SNES version

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IFWasO2zlDI

I'm playing through OoT using the Thrustmaster (bolded for innuendo), does anyone know if it's rumble works with the Stone of Agony (Supposed to rumble near a secret)? Or is the item pretty much useless?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'm playing through OoT using the Thrustmaster (bolded for innuendo), does anyone know if it's rumble works with the Stone of Agony (Supposed to rumble near a secret)? Or is the item pretty much useless?[/quote] Nope, Nintendo disabled all rumble support on VC games. Why? Because they can.

How is the Thrustmaster? I was thinking of picking one up in lieu of a second Classic Controller, but I'm a bit wary of any non-Nintendo d-pad.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Nope, Nintendo disabled all rumble support on VC games. Why? Because they can.[/quote]
No, because they are assholes.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Nope, Nintendo disabled all rumble support on VC games. Why? Because they can.

How is the Thrustmaster? I was thinking of picking one up in lieu of a second Classic Controller, but I'm a bit wary of any non-Nintendo d-pad.[/quote]

I dont see how it could be any worse than the CC. In my opinion the d-pad is way too loose.

[quote name='karmapolice']I dont see how it could be any worse than the CC. In my opinion the d-pad is way too loose.[/quote]
Really? Mine feels great. Maybe you got a defective one?

[quote name='Doomed']No, because they are assholes.[/quote]
Potayto, potahto.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Really? Mine feels great. Maybe you got a defective one?

Potayto, potahto.[/quote]

I have only played Kirby and Star Tropics, but almost all the time i have to either press twice or really hard and for a slightly longer than normal to get it to respond.

[quote name='karmapolice']I have only played Kirby and Star Tropics, but almost all the time i have to either press twice or really hard and for a slightly longer than normal to get it to respond.[/QUOTE]

Sounds faulty to me!

I'd say you definitely have a bad one then, I don't have any trouble with any of my games. Still, I'm surprised that bad ones are out there at all given Nintendo's reputation for reliable hardware.

I do wish I could re-map the buttons for those Turbografx games where autofire is needed; Legend of Hero Tonma is nearly unplayable on the CC because of that, and although the button layout on the GCN pad works fine, it's still barely playable thanks to the tiny d-pad. I'd kill for a Hori Digital Pad, if only for that one game.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Nope, Nintendo disabled all rumble support on VC games. Why? Because they can.

How is the Thrustmaster? I was thinking of picking one up in lieu of a second Classic Controller, but I'm a bit wary of any non-Nintendo d-pad.[/quote]
Thinking back, I thought Sin and Punishment would rumble when I was playing it with a GC controller whenever I got hit.

I enjoy the Thrustmaster. I picked it up because I wanted better placement of the d-pad when playing classic RPGs (such as BoFII), and I really like it. The d-pad isn't bad at all. However, last night when I was playing OoT, there were a few times (in the Ice Cave) where my directions on the analog stick got inverted (up was down, left was right, etc) and I had to turn the controller off and back on to fix which isn't that bad, but a little annoying. It only happened in the ice cave so far though, more tests are required.

Where the F is final fantasy 6, chrono trigger, and castlevania 3?:bouncy:
Throw in waku waku 7 and neo turf masters while your at it. RA ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra.:cold:

Woah.
Sorry about this everyone. I completely forgot it was Monday! Your OP was just now updated!

I wish Pac-Attack wasn't 800 points.. it looks neat. OR I wish I had a demo just to see if I'd enjoy it!...Grr.. but I digress.

[quote name='lilboo']Woah.
Sorry about this everyone. I completely forgot it was Monday! Your OP was just now updated!

I wish Pac-Attack wasn't 800 points.. it looks neat. OR I wish I had a demo just to see if I'd enjoy it!...Grr.. but I digress.[/quote]

Would it be hard for them to allow trials? Say only letting you get through a couple worlds/levels and then have some messege come up to delete or buy the full version? Maybe in the future...

[quote name='karmapolice']Would it be hard for them to allow trials? Say only letting you get through a couple worlds/levels and then have some messege come up to delete or buy the full version? Maybe in the future...[/QUOTE]

There would have to be some extra programming involved (I'd imagine). It's just straight up ports. That's all. If they were to get these games and change things around (better graphics for some, online play, leaderboards, demos, etc) they would have to do some actual work. Which means they would have to pay people to do this. If they have to do this, they'll only be making 18.2 billion dollars a year instead of 18.3 :roll:

^ but you see my point. Sigh.

[quote name='karmapolice']Would it be hard for them to allow trials? Say only letting you get through a couple worlds/levels and then have some messege come up to delete or buy the full version? Maybe in the future...[/quote]

Yeah, I've been wondering about that, too. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to create a timer that would allow people to play any game for a set amount of time like 15 minutes. Of course, you could argue that it might be easy to hack the timer and potentially play an entire game for free, but someone capable of that is probably downloading ROMs anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back