Wii Sports Cover Art Project

Great job man. I've saved the image until I can track down a white case. Why didn't I buy that demo disk at Target. Grrrr.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']That looks awesome, iazybandit. I'm gonna have to print one out once I've acquired another Wii case.[/QUOTE]
You welcome

This project is a blessing and essential considering it is impossible to get the sticker off the Wii Sports case without ripping the thing.

it did not come out right as far as size. I have a decent printer (HP Photosmart) however the size was all wrong, I also can't cut straight lines to save my life ... anyone care to print up one for me on a work printer lol

[quote name='Kendro']This project is a blessing and essential considering it is impossible to get the sticker off the Wii Sports case without ripping the thing.[/QUOTE]
Just take a blow dryer, aim it at the sticker for less than a minute. The sticky residue will be soft enough for you to peel off the sticker without ruining the artwork

anyway to fit this onto an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper. I bought some glossy 32lb paper and it's perfect, quality is great .. I checked all over for 8.5 X 14 glossy paper and it doesn't exist in Richmond, VA lol

Awesome thanks printing now. I don't know why companies have to use really garbage package when it's a pack in. My sissor skills came out kind of bad.

[quote name='Jared4781']anyway to fit this onto an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper. I bought some glossy 32lb paper and it's perfect, quality is great .. I checked all over for 8.5 X 14 glossy paper and it doesn't exist in Richmond, VA lol[/QUOTE]
It can fit on the 8.5x11 (scale to fit?) but the image will be smaller.

[quote name='Bazz']Awesome thanks printing now. I don't know why companies have to use really garbage package when it's a pack in. My sissor skills came out kind of bad.[/QUOTE]
Its not that hard. Just draw a line according to the crop marks. Take a ruler and a knife (xacto knife or box cutter) and cut. Then again, I'm a graphic designer/artist so I'm good with my hands.

when I scale to fit it makes the image way small and it doesn't cover the entire DVD case, can anyone help? I would pay for someone to print this out and mail it to me .. sigh .. I wish I was a graphic designer, even using the xacto knife my lines were way hacked and uneven.

[quote name='Jared4781']when I scale to fit it makes the image way small and it doesn't cover the entire DVD case, can anyone help? I would pay for someone to print this out and mail it to me .. sigh .. I wish I was a graphic designer, even using the xacto knife my lines were way hacked and uneven.[/quote]

Go to your local Kinkos or Staples and have it professionally printed and cut for like 3 bucks.

I think I'm just going to print it out at the library. I have a decent printer, but its been out of ink for like a year. Sad I know, but I can never force myself to spend the $30.00 on it.

Hopefully I can still find some Target Wii cases, although I might try asking the guys at my local Gamestop, they're pretty cool about stuff like that.

[quote name='iazybandit']Its not that hard. Just draw a line according to the crop marks. Take a ruler and a knife (xacto knife or box cutter) and cut. Then again, I'm a graphic designer/artist so I'm good with my hands.[/quote]A ruler dam I knew I could of used something. Oh well not a big deal Looks fine , better then stupid box the give it in.

took this to Kinkos and had it printed and guess what!? the thing is still too small! they resized it after I asked them not too. I'm getting frustrated with this ... I'll ask again, I will pay someone to print this out for me the correct size and way. thanks.

Not sure about people who need cases but you can go to edgewise-media.com; they have both standard and slim white dvd cases for $.30 each. However you just have to deal with shipping. But depending on the order number it can be pretty cheap. Also if you live near LA, Anaheim, or NY they have stores you can visit. You may also get a student discount in store if you ask.

Thanks for the cases guys.

[quote name='Jared4781']took this to Kinkos and had it printed and guess what!? the thing is still too small! they resized it after I asked them not too. I'm getting frustrated with this ... I'll ask again, I will pay someone to print this out for me the correct size and way. thanks.[/QUOTE]

The correct dimensions should be 3240 x 2175 @ 300dpi.

Can I get them to print it at Office Depot, and for how much?

And I asked my friends at Blockbuster if they had any empty white cases and gave me one that was still shrinkwrapped, nice!

Has anyone recently bought the Activision preview DVD from Target? My local store just got in some new stock so I quickly snatched one up. But the case isn't an actual Wii case. It is a white case but there's no Wii logo imprint. It also feels flimsier and it's somewhat translucent, too. How disappointing...

does the nintendo website sell any Wii replacement DVD cases yet? I know they sell DS replacement cases.. you might want to check there for an actual extra Wii certified case.

[quote name='rapsodist']Has anyone recently bought the Activision preview DVD from Target? My local store just got in some new stock so I quickly snatched one up. But the case isn't an actual Wii case. It is a white case but there's no Wii logo imprint. It also feels flimsier and it's somewhat translucent, too. How disappointing...[/quote]As the post above me says, get a real Wii case from Nintendo. That Target csae is crap, and wouldn't even close properly for me after having Wii Sports in it for about 2 days.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...707&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null

Nintendo got it to me in about 2 days with standard shipping. Very much worth it. :)

bread's done
Back