Wii Sports Cover Art Project

Nicely done, megashock. Printed it out, looks pretty good. A couple blurry photos, but nothing I'm going to complain about, or notice from afar. I'll see if the 8.5x11 printout works well enough in my demo case.

[quote name='yukine']Wow, thanks everyone.

But now I don't know if I want to just make a hilarious handmade cover, or print a more "professional" one.[/quote]If it's any help, my "custom" case is being replaced ASAP. ;)

EDIT: Cover works perfect! Thanks!

That looks fucking great botticus!

Which scan did you use?

And hopefully I can still find some white DVD cases, I need two... one for myself and a friend.

just printed it out and placed it in the target thing. Looks very good :)
only advice would be to change printer settings to best quality, makes it look way better.

[quote name='yukine']That looks fucking great botticus!

Which scan did you use?

And hopefully I can still find some white DVD cases, I need two... one for myself and a friend.[/quote]That is megashock's.

That cover looks amazing. I have to get to Target to grab a white dvd case. Or hopefully I can order some from Nitneod, two other guys on my floor are getting Wiis and we can split the cost

[quote name='SpazX']What's the best paper to print this stuff on? I'm an idiot, thanks.[/quote]I just printed mine on standard printer paper. Obviously glossy paper will be more similar to normal covers, but when it's behind plastic in the case, I doubt you can really tell much of a difference.

[quote name='SpazX']What's the best paper to print this stuff on? I'm an idiot, thanks.[/quote]Standard printer paper is about 20lb. You want 24lb for cover slips. It's thicker and heavier. You can go for glossy, if you wanna spend the extra bit. Don't do photo paper! That's way too thick and heavy and won't look right for a game slip.

Dammit, I'm a paper nerd.

Regular paper, Regular Ink. How many people are really going to look at it besides you? Mine turned out pretty cool. Now where's our manual? ;)

If you have a halfway decent printer, just print it on the back of the Activision DVD paper. I tried to but my printer sucks and it printed out super unevenly so that was ruined. Then I printed out on normal paper and it was OK but unfortunately, my scissor skills have never improved since first grade...so I made it look pretty bad, but it'll have to do. :lol:

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']If you have a halfway decent printer, just print it on the back of the Activision DVD paper. I tried to but my printer sucks and it printed out super unevenly so that was ruined. Then I printed out on normal paper and it was OK but unfortunately, my scissor skills have never improved since first grade...so I made it look pretty bad, but it'll have to do. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thats too funny, my scissor skills SUCK too. I may redo it tomorrow. If not, meh

Are you bad paper cutters left handed? I'm pretty poor with scissors too, but I use that as an excuse. ;)

Is there anybody in here that can get ahold of one of those cases for me? I haven't seen any locally, and EB won't give up any cases.

[quote name='Rig']Are you bad paper cutters left handed? I'm pretty poor with scissors too, but I use that as an excuse. ;)

Is there anybody in here that can get ahold of one of those cases for me? I haven't seen any locally, and EB won't give up any cases.[/QUOTE]

Find a crackhead. Pay him/her $2 to walk in EB/Gamestop and take a case. I mean, it's JUST a case. They aren't stealing an actual game.

You got a white case.
They made $2

Win-Win situation :)

Cool, glad it's working for everyone. I haven't even had a chance to print my own yet (went to Blue Man Group last night). I'll try a couple different types of paper tonight.

Wow that is a great job on that cover...I've got it downloaded, now I just have to get access to a color printer and I am golden!

[quote name='iazybandit']Do these white cases that EB have for display have the Wii logo inside or is it just blank white DVD cases?[/QUOTE]
They're Wii game cases.

Updated my image of the cover.

wiisportsinsert_watermark.jpg

Borrowed the high res images from megashock. But I still stuck with my concept with the text. Removed the Mii character and added Ninty logo. Also fixed the text to make it more clearer as well as the red boxes in the IMPORTANT and WARNING. Just waiting for the gf to bring back the printed versions before i post it.

Not to mention, it will be PDF file (less than 1MB), 200 dpi and will have crop marks to let you know where to cut (you'll need to draw lines..in pencil so you can follow it)

iazybandit, I like your style, but ended up going with Megashock's since I'm impatient. ;) Thanks to all who made this possible. I used regular 20-pound paper on a regular printer, and it looks great inside the plastic sleeve.

[quote name='boyward']iazybandit, I like your style, but ended up going with Megashock's since I'm impatient. ;) Thanks to all who made this possible. I used regular 20-pound paper on a regular printer, and it looks great inside the plastic sleeve.[/QUOTE]
Its ok. Once I upload the PDF, you can print mine out and use it if you want..doesnt matter to me.

Here are the final images.

Sorry for kind of crappy pictures. It was taken with my cellphone

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

Text on the back is all clear like normal. No blurry or pixelated look.

Can't wait... have this thread subscribed just so I know when you post it :) The guides for where to cut are much appreciated as well since guessing randomly hasn't worked well for me so far on these mock-ups :(

That looks awesome, iazybandit.

I'm probably just going to use yours, since I'm terrible at cutting. And the text in the back looks very professional. :D

Do you think you could give me the source file though? I kind of want to have my own little Mii on the cover, or on the spine.

[quote name='yukine']That looks awesome, iazybandit.

I'm probably just going to use yours, since I'm terrible at cutting. And the text in the back looks very professional. :D

Do you think you could give me the source file though? I kind of want to have my own little Mii on the cover, or on the spine.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Those who plan on using mine, as I said it has crop marks. Just draw lines along the lines and thats where you need to cut.

No source file. Just the PDF of my work. Everything was done from scratch with the exception of images taken from megashocks since his was better quality. If you want to add your own Mii character, if you have Photoshop, it can easily be done. Just open the PDF in Photoshop at 200dpi.

Since the site doesnt accept PDF attachments, I'm going to have to upload to my site when I have a chance.

[quote name='iazybandit']Thanks. Those who plan on using mine, as I said it has crop marks. Just draw lines along the lines and thats where you need to cut.

No source file. Just the PDF of my work. Everything was done from scratch with the exception of images taken from megashocks since his was better quality. If you want to add your own Mii character, if you have Photoshop, it can easily be done. Just open the PDF in Photoshop at 200dpi.

Since the site doesnt accept PDF attachments, I'm going to have to upload to my site when I have a chance.[/quote]

Sounds good, and thanks again.

[quote name='iazybandit']Thanks. Those who plan on using mine, as I said it has crop marks. Just draw lines along the lines and thats where you need to cut.

Since the site doesnt accept PDF attachments, I'm going to have to upload to my site when I have a chance.[/quote]
Looking forward to this as well. Thanks for all the work iazybandit!

I could also host it at my site if you'd like?! Let me know!

So if I go to Target on Sunday to pick up a Wii, will I be able to find one of these demos with the white cases?

Just curious.

Depends on location. I went to three Targets in NYC and none of them had anything. Only one store actually had those price tags that said .01 on the endcap along with other accessories. The others didnt have any signs or mentioning of it.

HOpefully a friend can come through with some cases that were used as display at EB/GS.

Here you go. Its officiallly UP!

*link dead*
If you click on it, it will show the image in a new window. If you want to download it, you'll need to RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Looks great!

Although, my printer keeps cutting off the back side even though there is plenty of white left. It mashes the margin on the front side to fit, but not the back side. Any ideas?

Printing now... Thanks a lot iazybandit!

ckendal, printing to legal size paper would be the easiest solution.

Edit: It just finished... man that's smokin hot. Thanks again!

-G

[quote name='ckendal']Looks great!

Although, my printer keeps cutting off the back side even though there is plenty of white left. It mashes the margin on the front side to fit, but not the back side. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Legal sized paper (8.5x14) is the best way to print. As I mentioned above 8.5x11 is a bit too small because of the margins when you print.

Also, make sure you dont SCALE TO FIT or the image will be enlarged to fit the paper itself. The image is the actual size. All you have to do is just draw lines according to the crop marks and cut.

[quote name='Jared4781']mine didn't print out so well ... maybe I'll try again on another printer[/QUOTE]
As in size or quality? Forgot to mention that mine was printed on a high end printer. The ones found in offices. If you're using a home printer, it might not come out as great unless you have an expensive printer. So your print outs might vary in quality.

bread's done
Back