Wii Super Paper Mario $30 @ EBGames (requires trip to Best Buy)

Zorn

CAGiversary!
This involves going to both Best Buy and EBgames. Here's what you do:

First, print off two of the "$5 off any Wii game" coupons here: http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coupons1hf5.jpg

Then, go into Best Buy, and pick up Open Season and Far Cry: Instincts. These games are both $19.99, and if you use the $5 off coupons on them they are $15 each. Note that you may have to buy one at the customer service counter then buy the other one at the regular register since the same person might not let you use 2 coupons at once. Plus as a bonus, if you're a RewardZone member, you get the points on those games.

Then go to EBgames, they have a promotion going on until 4/15 where if you trade in any 2 Wii games, you get one for free, maximum value $49.99. So you trade in your two newly acquired $15 games and walk out with a $50 Super Paper Mario. All done!

Sure, it takes going to two stores, but if where you live is anything like me, the EBgames and Best Buy are basically right next door to each other.

WTH, I Just called my local Gamestop because I was gonna ask specifically about those two games to see if it would work in the trade but the dude said the deal has ended all together. Is he full of crap just not checking or is that possibly true?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']WTH, I Just called my local Gamestop because I was gonna ask specifically about those two games to see if it would work in the trade but the dude said the deal has ended all together. Is he full of crap just not checking or is that possibly true?[/quote]

Unless there was an e-mail this morning, he's full of crap.

Posted 3X! and like mentioned above for at least a week!
and why in the world would you highlight the $5 coupon on FW????
First BB appears to be tightening up on Guides, not they'll be all over coupons!
Not very wise in my humble opinion.:roll:

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']WTH, I Just called my local Gamestop because I was gonna ask specifically about those two games to see if it would work in the trade but the dude said the deal has ended all together. Is he full of crap just not checking or is that possibly true?[/QUOTE]

Probably another clueless employee. According to website it ends at April 15.

* Free PS3 games must be $59.99 or less. Free Wii games must be $49.99 or less. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Wii Play, Wii Sports, & demos not applicable towards offer. Offer not valid towards cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks. Offer expires. 4/15/07.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

Yeah the guy at that store was just being a jackass because i called another local store and they said yes it's still going on and I asked about those two games and he said "yeah man it's ANY two wii games" so it should be all good.

Has anyone done duplicates? I'm afraid of not being able to find a copy of Far Cry, although Open Season is still on the site and shows to be in my store.

An employee confirmed that they just received an exceptions update today that includes Open Season and Far Cry... along with any game with less than 10$ trade-in value.

[quote name='kingsoby1']An employee confirmed that they just received an exceptions update today that includes Open Season and Far Cry... along with any game with less than 10$ trade-in value.[/quote]Luckily nothing will actually prevent them from manually changing the value on "excluded" games, since it's all manual anyway. Assuming that is correct, it figures. I'll have an annoying time tonight attempting to get the deal done, I'm sure. Would have had it taken care of on Thursday, but they were clueless and made me come back when the game is released.

I just called multiple GS and EBs in the area, and they told me the only exclusions were Wii Play and Wii Sports... so I think the guy that told me about the exclusions was full of shit.

[quote name='kingsoby1']I just called multiple GS and EBs in the area, and they told me the only exclusions were Wii Play and Wii Sports... so I think the guy that told me about the exclusions was full of shit.[/QUOTE]
Whew. Cool, man. But thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to call the store before I head over.

[quote name='kingsoby1']I just called multiple GS and EBs in the area, and they told me the only exclusions were Wii Play and Wii Sports... so I think the guy that told me about the exclusions was full of shit.[/quote]Or they haven't read the email, either one is equally likely. I may just run over and hope to do it quickly at lunch to lessen the chances that they have read such an email if it exists.

[quote name='botticus']Or they haven't read the email, either one is equally likely. I may just run over and hope to do it quickly at lunch to lessen the chances that they have read such an email if it exists.[/quote] Actually, this is correct, I decided to gamble and ask one if there was an update email and he was like "oh yeah there actually is"... apparently open season and far cry have just dropped to 5$ trade ins and the computer will reject any attempt to trade those in for the deal.

This really pisses me off because I just ordered them from JR.com with GCO via 2-day air for 35$ total. fuck GS.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Actually, this is correct, I decided to gamble and ask one if there was an update email and he was like "oh yeah there actually is"... apparently open season and far cry have just dropped to 5$ trade ins and the computer will reject any attempt to trade those in for the deal.
[/quote]

I really don't see how that's possible, for the computer to reject the trade for the deal. As stated before, it's a manual adjustment. The computer systems aren't THAT advanced.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Actually, this is correct, I decided to gamble and ask one if there was an update email and he was like "oh yeah there actually is"... apparently open season and far cry have just dropped to 5$ trade ins and the computer will reject any attempt to trade those in for the deal.

This really pisses me off because I just ordered them from JR.com with GCO via 2-day air for 35$ total. fuck GS.[/quote]As I said, the way this deal is done is they manually change the trade-in value of each game to $25 (in the case of a $50 game), and then you have covered the cost of the game. The computer isn't really managing the deal. The email is telling the employees to do the rejecting of those games. But many don't read the emails, and it's a bullshit restriction anyway.

The employees I dealt with last week said it wouldn't be a problem Monday (they'd "vouch" for me) so we'll see if that carries any weight today.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Damn it. Damn it damn it. This sucks.[/quote]
Yea it does...I'll try in a bit tho too check in case

but if anyone is gunna do the same i suggest going to eb/gs first asking then going to bb and going back to gs/eb

hopefully itll work...$30 is a great price for Re4 Wiimake (or SSBB)

[quote name='botticus']As I said, the way this deal is done is they manually change the trade-in value of each game to $25 (in the case of a $50 game), and then you have covered the cost of the game. The computer isn't really managing the deal. The email is telling the employees to do the rejecting of those games. But many don't read the emails, and it's a bullshit restriction anyway.

The employees I dealt with last week said it wouldn't be a problem Monday (they'd "vouch" for me) so we'll see if that carries any weight today.[/quote]

so there is still some hope?

[quote name='Foo228']so there is still some hope?[/quote]

Always hope that you find a lazy employee that didn't read the email :p Luckily in my area there are at least 8 or so EB/Gamestop all around, so I'm sure there will be one such store.

if they wont do it, complain complain complain. then say that when they do the trade in you will go to tellgamestop.com and give the store a very good score in terms of how clean the store was, how easy it was to find stuff, and that overall you would reccomend the store.

[quote name='Foo228']$30 is a great price for Re4 Wiimake (or SSBB)[/quote]

Yeah, I'm hoping my store will accept it for preorders.

[quote name='ryansebiz']Yeah, I'm hoping my store will accept it for preorders.[/quote]

ahh man, shot down

my best buy doesn't have either game!

[quote name='Foo228']$30 is a great price for Re4 Wiimake (or SSBB)[/quote]

RE4 Wiimake IS $30. And you can't reserve SSBB yet.

Yeah, even though a few stores told me that, I'm probably going to come in later to a few and try.

I just canceled my GCO order through JR.com and made 10$ too, cool :)

My local BB actually has Open Season on clearance for 10$, so I'm going to get that hopefully for 5$ with coupon and another game for 15$ with coupon. Although, they rejected me last time I tried to get a 50% off item with a coupon... but it worked one time before that.

I thought of this same thing when I found out about the promotion. I bought two identical copies of Far Cry for $20 each at a different store, then tried to take them to Gamestop to do it. They still had shrinkwrap on them because I wanted to make sure I could return them if the dudes at Gamestop wouldn't oblige. The guy told me they wouldn't take "new" games and that it was a policy of theirs. So I called the other local gamestop and asked if they would take two of the same game and he said no. So then, I called yet another Gamestop down the highway and he said they would, so I removed the shrinkwrap and took both copies of Far Cry down there and he took them in for a pre-order of Super Paper Mario. So, I think it just depends on what shmucks happen to be in the store at the time. But if you call ahead and get them to agree to it beforehand, you'll prolly be alright.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Would trading in Red Steel work with this deal? Or is it not worth enough?[/quote]That should work fine.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Would trading in Red Steel work with this deal? Or is it not worth enough?[/quote]

Yeah, any two Wii games except Wii Sports and Wii Play. I think normally Red Steel would only fetch $10 credit, but you can get any $49.99 Wii game if you trade in Red Steel and one other game.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Would trading in Red Steel work with this deal? Or is it not worth enough?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would work. It's any 2 Wii games (besides Wii Sports/Play). But anyway, I did this on Friday, and it worked like a charm. I just bought 2 copies of Far Cry with my Edge card for 17 bucks each, so the total for SPM came out to $35. This deal has been in the SPM thread for a good week now, too. :D

I just did it with no problems on a preorder. Best buy employee took both $5 off coupons and employee at Gamestop overrode it. Look how much was discounted to make this work at Gamestop.

Open Season Wii -43.29
-1 @ -5.00
Bonus $38.29 Price Override

Far Cry Vengeance -6.70
-1 @ -5.00
Bonus -1.70 Price Override

Reserve Order Deposit 49.99
Super Paper Mario

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Yes, it would work. It's any 2 Wii games (besides Wii Sports/Play). But anyway, I did this on Friday, and it worked like a charm. I just bought 2 copies of Far Cry with my Edge card for 17 bucks each, so the total for SPM came out to $35. This deal has been in the SPM thread for a good week now, too. :D[/quote]

whoa...u did this at the very same store?

Yeah thanks so much OP for this thread. I had done the familyvideo $39.99 deal but I just got an email saying the game was backordered for up to 30 days!!! With this deal I paid $32.xxx and I can walk in the store and get it tomorrow.

just did 2 seperate orders though jr.com with GCO totalling $27.56 shipped for both games. Hopefully one of the 7 Gamestop/EBgames in Manhattan will take them...

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']GOD DAMMIT this shit is why I fucking hate not having a Best Buy ANYWHERE AROUND MY AREA. I have to drive about a hundred miles to get to the closest one. I don't know why the fuck they haven't built one, we have every other major retailer. They're putting up new buildings all the time and I always dream "Man, wouldn't that be great if it was a BB?" and all of my friends completely agree. When we found out the one building was a Home Depot, which was right across the street from a Lowe's we all pretty much freaked out and were pissed about it for a week![/QUOTE]

Read through the thread again and order the jr.com through GCO and get it for even cheaper.

[quote name='mang9432']just did 2 seperate orders though jr.com with GCO totalling $27.56 shipped for both games. Hopefully one of the 7 Gamestop/EBgames in Manhattan will take them...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have about 4 GS/EB's around here.

you guys can always preorder NiGHTS as well...

Anybody confirm using 2 of those coupons at best buy, or still being able to trade in Open season and far cry?

Just traded in my Far Cry and Open Season. Guy had to call the manager to figure out how to do the deal (shocker: manually adjust the prices!), but everything worked out and they gave me credit to cover the full purchase price, including tax.

Saved me about $15 in EB credit since I was going to buy it there anyway.

Nice... I called a manager at an EB nearby and she confirmed that she could take Open Season and Far Cry... of course, I got her name so I could go in later and do it. Super Paper Mario for 20$ here I come :).

Just tried at my local gamestop. They didn't have a problem taking Far Cry and Open Season, but they wouldn't do it for pre-orders. This leaves me waiting in fear, hoping I can scrape by another day so I can nab SPM tomorrow. I guess hope of reserving MP8 is gone though.

bread's done
Back